Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the computer system and screen refresh is soo.o slow :confused:
Sure when rotating a live view of the car standing around 5m back showing all of the surroundings live its not as smooth as it could be, but my understanding is that tesla think their latest version 4 computer may now be fast enough to add this feature. Tesla also think their latest computer might finally be powerfull enough to do the headlights that the big european brands already do, including the EQE. Headlights that detect and extra illuminate pedestrians, warn of stop signs, reduce glare to road signs, and adjust hieght and angle for hills, dips, and curves. Maybe refresh rates just arent a thing for me, or maybe merc have packed in so much more for the user then tesla…like HUD, decent active headlights, decent voice, the amazing augmented reality nav that superimposes big arrows over a live view, proper parking camera’s, and the same level of driving autonomy as tesla. I guess if merc reduced to tesla‘s level of offering the refresh might be faster.

Reactions: (crunch)
Not that I noticed. Sure when rotating a live view of the car standing around 5m back showing all of the surroundings its not as smooth as it could be, but my understanding is that tesla think their latest version 4 computer may now be fast enough to add this feature. Tesla also think their latest computer might be powerfull enough to do the headlights that the big european brands already do, including the EQE. Maybe refresh rates just arent a thing for me, or maybe merc have packed in so much more for the user then tesla…like HUD, decent headlights, decent voice, the amazing augmented reality nav that superimposes big arrows over a live view, proper parking camera’s, and the same level of autonomy as tesla. I guess if they reduced to tesla‘s level of offering the refresh might be faster.

Do you have your EQE now?

I am very tempted but I won't get the 53 though...I would be perfectly happy in the 300 or 350 with air-suspension. Trying to decide if I'll go that way and if I should also add in the 4x wheel steer. Merc keep calling me as I used to by Merc's buyer back in pre-2015 each 4-5 years (a sedan and SUV etc.) and they want me back...they may get their wish.

Oh, does the EQE's have homelink? I really like that in my Tesla's now...

Nearly clicking the button, in-stock too....do you know if one can haggle the price down like the old day?

2023-05-12_17-56-59.png

Last edited:
Do you have your EQE now?

I am very tempted but I won't get the 53 though...I would be perfectly happy in the 300 or 350 with air-suspension. Trying to decide if I'll go that way and if I should also add in the 4x wheel steer. Merc keep calling me as I used to by Merc's buyer back in pre-2015 each 4-5 years (a sedan and SUV etc.) and they want me back...they may get their wish.

Oh, does the EQE's have homelink? I really like that in my Tesla's now...

Nearly clicking the button, in-stock too....do you know if one can haggle the price down like the old day?

View attachment 936954
No mine is still on the boat, but getting close. Merc happily tell you the boat name and departure date.
it does not have homelink but I’m planning on using the apple home via apple carplay. Will need to add a small piece of hardware to activate it though. The 4 wheel steering is insanely good in carparks and u-turns. Merc have adopted tesla’s approach of online ordering no haggling.

I think ill put my immaculate 2018 75D up for sale and look at getting a low milage 2019 or 2020 Dual Motor S. There is a few nice ones currently for sale. Might also have a look at a taycan.

I also have no interest in 3 or Y, we bought a Y for the wife but I wouldn't want one for myself.

Cybertruck and roadster have now gone from a 5% chance to 0% chance of coming to Australia IMO.

Out of curiosity, if any lawyer here - Is it possible to sue Tesla? They got my money over 2 years and now saying no car?
Not a lawyer but tesla have them in house in australia. Must have loads of claims to deal with. After you’ve wasted $10k on your lawyer that tesla stretch out at no cost to themselves….you’ll withdraw to save your sanity. What tesla have done is not right. Neither is the way they will defend any action

A ”new” Model S was going to be my last car in a few years time, but not now apparently. This news is very disappointing to me as I haven’t found any other car Tesla or not with the same sense of ”specialness” like Model S.
I nearly bought a Model 3, but there are a couple of deal breakers, including the lack of a hatchback and instrument binnacle in front of the driver that I was never able to come to terms with. I have never wanted or needed an SUV so that significantly limits alternatives and the remaining alternatives are either expensive or Meh. So the wait continues; I’ll hold onto my Model S a while longer until something suitable comes along, but that may not be a Tesla.

With large numbers of surplus inventory of both the X and S in the US and Europe and 2nd hand values plummeting I guess it’s hardly surprising. This could sound the death knell for S and X production full stop, either that or they’ll cut production right back. Maybe the only hope for right hand drive markets is the Model S replacement, if there is one in a few years time. Maybe a tri-motor Model 3 who knows. I’ll take the $3,000 discount and grab a Highland MP3 in the new financial year and run with that until something better and faster comes around.

Sure when rotating a live view of the car standing around 5m back showing all of the surroundings live its not as smooth as it could be, but my understanding is that tesla think their latest version 4 computer may now be fast enough to add this feature. Tesla also think their latest computer might finally be powerfull enough to do the headlights that the big european brands already do, including the EQE. Headlights that detect and extra illuminate pedestrians, warn of stop signs, reduce glare to road signs, and adjust hieght and angle for hills, dips, and curves. Maybe refresh rates just arent a thing for me, or maybe merc have packed in so much more for the user then tesla…like HUD, decent active headlights, decent voice, the amazing augmented reality nav that superimposes big arrows over a live view, proper parking camera’s, and the same level of driving autonomy as tesla. I guess if merc reduced to tesla‘s level of offering the refresh might be faster.
Parking sensors that work 😄

• Funny
Reactions: EcoCloudIT
It’s interesting listening to some of the commentary coming out of the UK about this decision. Apparently on the 1st conference call with Tesla for UK customers who were very vocal obviously and I quote from the Tesla BOD ‘It will come but we just can’t give you a date so we have decided to take this approach’. Some believe that this is a ploy by Tesla to offload excess LHD stock in any market they can before switching production to RHD further down the track. Tesla are saying it’s a mechanical design problem preventing RHD from being viable. Who knows what to believe. Why leave the X and S on the Australian Tesla order page if it’s definitely all over.