Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think one point negative isn't going to be a big difference either way. I've been ding'ed negatively by several posters, everything from me pointing out legitimate insurance and liability issues related to certain aftermarket charging products, to expressing my concern with certain ideological elements of the Church of Climate Change, to my stated belief that you should give Tesla a chance to correct any defects voluntarily before running to the government to tattle. I take it in stride - and as you can see by the 4 green bars, there are many who give positive reputation, too.

The only thing I'll encourage is to make the anonymous cowards' feedback into noise. When you can, if you see a good, well thought out or helpful post, give positive feedback.

Exactly. While I've received plenty of positive rep, the amount of negative rep I've also received has been stellar. :) (Especially fun when it's all for the same post.) It all evens out with time. I've also noticed that most people who give negative reputation have very little 'reputation power', meaning they can't really impact me all that much. And some have zero reputation power (meaning it has a little gray box next to it).

I don't think people really notice someone's reputation level or care. Someone with a low level might be a new member or just doesn't post that much. But I do wish that negative feedback wasn't anonymous.

Nice post FlasherZ. I just got negative rep with the reason being 'because', on a totally innocous post. Unfortunately for said anonymous negative rep giver, as Bonnie just mentioned, they had zero power so I was docked no rep points. Which means, I'm still well on my way for that prize on page 56B of the Positive Reputation Catalogue - Dancing Flame Duct Unicorn. :biggrin:

In fact reduce my participation and won't recommend this forum to anyone... negative reputation goes to garbage in my opinion because anonymous = cowards.
I doubt I'll change your perspective but I can try.

Try ignoring reputation for a while. It doesn't stop you from posting. It doesn't grey out your posts. It doesn't mean we mail you a dunce cap. It just means you'll get some red icons saying some people have problems with your posts. So what. To hell with them. Don't let them censor you.

That said -- please stay reasonably inside the lines that the moderators draw. Firstly out of respect (for their efforts) and trust (that they have good reasons for the policies they have in place). Secondly because it's pointless to fight against them unless it's something really important; unnecessary friction and all that.

Cheers.

IMO, the Reputation feature has little concrete value. Most folks who are fairly active here probably know enough about other active posters that nothing/nobody will be "judged" based on specific posts.

Most of the time, I'm blissfully unaware of all the reputation business (as well as noisy signatures such as mine ;)) as I access TMC from the Tapatalk mobile app on iOS devices 99% of the time. Tapatalk is also much more efficient at letting me get through large swathes of the forum in quick time without a zillion clicks on the website.

I occasionally do go 'out of my way' to the "Web View" to acknowledge great, knowledgeable posts with positive rep.

Life's too short for negativity :)

Be careful. For you specifically, any head-accessory that you have been sent might have some electricity involved.

Perhaps, but I do consider the liability and insurance implications each time I wear them, whether for recreational use or otherwise.

For those who are browsing the catalog, there's a special this week. 15% off your reputation item of choice with positive feedback to this post.

Choose from: Unicorn of Doom (pg. 55); 100% real, genuine, perfect imitation of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (pg. 57); your choice of live, plush Cthulu (pg. 112); seat covers for your Model S made from rich, Corinthian leather harvested from a 1975 Chrysler Cardoba advertised by Ricardo Montalbán (pg. 155); and, the perennial classic, a trip for two to Nashville, IL, to tour the factory where the Model S headliners are produced (pg. 187).

And if you guess the number of points required for this showcase, without going over, you win the entire catalog!

:)

Wait, so the amount of reputation you have gives you more power to dock other people's reputation ... That means a bunch of lower reputation people could launch a preemptive strike against someone with high reputation and knock them down before they have a chance to retaliate. Hmm...

I could not give negative reputation to anyone anymore? Why is that?

I mean you guys decided that negative rep do not belong here anymore ? Or I was single outed on this one? Wondering
shuffle.gif

Wait, so the amount of reputation you have gives you more power to dock other people's reputation ... That means a bunch of lower reputation people could launch a preemptive strike against someone with high reputation and knock them down before they have a chance to retaliate. Hmm...

I think it says something about a site when a feedback thread is in danger of drifting into game theory and Python references.