TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rockford, IL Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by jvonbokel, Jun 24, 2013.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Confused. You in Texas or Illinois?
    What does Oak Brook have to do with Rockford?
    Oak Brook has (always had) charging, two bays, one with Model S hookup, one with Roadster. Adapter for latter available on request from showroom.
    If you're asking if Rockford is tested prior to opening, (TelsaOwners member) John P. tried it yesterday and gave it his thumbs up. :)

2. Luder94

Luder94 Member

Only found about this yesterday. I can't make this seeing that I'm in Dallas for work...damn! If I can finish with my client tomorrow and catch a flight home tomorrow evening, I'll make it out Thursday.

3. mf66

mf66 Member

Everyone I have spoken with at Tesla says model X is late 2014 early 2015 more likley. My X5 goes back in November. May just get something to fill gap until then. We have a farm outisde of Viroqua,WI so supercharger in Rockford / Madison are key. AWD is important espeically in winter on our hill road.

4. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

In Texas here.
    I apologize for Slight error: I intended ROCKFORD, not Oak Brook.
    Good to know it is OPERATING prior to Opening.

I am in Texas, just returned from Bellmead (Waco) Opening this morning : 21 MS were there.

My perspective as a Tesla Owner:
    IF you have a opportunity to attend and participate in an Opening, I strongly encourage you to make the effort.
    GREAT Experience.

5. Luder94

Luder94 Member

Dang....I'm here in Denton and could've made it to Bellmead today. I wish I had known about this.....albeit, I would've joined in a National Car rented Toyota Camry.

6. Jess

Jess Member

I plan on coming!

7. K5ING

K5ING MegaMiler

Congrats to you Illinois guys on your second SC. We just opened one the other day in Waco. Looks like they are rolling out pretty quick.

BTW Luder...whatcha doing in Denton? I've lived around here since 1980, but I was born and raised in Aurora (IL).

8. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Group photo of Tesla owners at the unveiling today.

Great time had by all!

Attached Files:

9. Jess

Jess Member

I had a wonderful time this morning meeting the Chicago area & WI Tesla owners. What a nice group of people. Thanks, Robert, for introducing me to everyone & making me feel welcome!

10. Luder94

Luder94 Member

K5ing, I own and run a management consulting company. I travel out to meet up clients, do sales, and other things business related. I happened to be down in Denton for a new client. If I come back down anytime soon, I'll be sure to look up the Dallas owners and see if anything is organized.

11. K5ING

K5ING MegaMiler

Ok, I was just curious. I know there is at least one Tesla owner in Denton, and there are a bunch more in the general DFW area. Check out the Mountain/Southwest forum area next time you're in town and see if there are any Cars & Coffee GTGs going on. I'm sure they will welcome you even if you're driving a rented Camry.

12. rabar10

rabar10 Model 3 >> Focus Electric

Mod note: some posts were moved to snippiness

Indeed, thanks.

sp4rk, Jess, how many cars were there for the opening? Will be interesting to see how busy it gets...

13. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

We did take a count ... there were corp cars there ... and owner cars. All told, about 25.
    So about twice as many as Normal opening?
    Kinda cool to me to see the before and after.
    Cherryvale Mall, Rockford, IL - Google Maps

14. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    I went to the Rockford supercharger Saturday night (9/14/13) since I was out of town for the dedication ceremony. The attached pic shows my charging. Wicked fast! IMAG0298.jpg

15. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

shouldn't they be faster than 148mi/hr?? 381v @ 116A sounds low, I thought they ran up to 200A +

16. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

Looking at the average Watts/mile (234) I am guessing it is a 60kWh and the rate is trailing off.

17. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nah, elecblue has an 85.
    Total Milage Thus Far - Page 14

18. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

19. Longhorn92

Longhorn92 MS VIN #10103 (40 kWh)

Has anyone been using the Rockford superchargers? I stopped by on my way from Chicago to Madison on Monday afternoon, and nobody was there. Also, did anyone notice that the signs are different on the first four spots ("30 Minute General Parking") than on the last two ("Electric Vehicle Parking")? Here are a few pictures...

20131021-1602.jpg

20131021-1603-2.jpg

20131021-1603.jpg

20131021-1604-2.jpg

20131021-1604.jpg

20. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Wow, looks lonely compared to when we had the grand opening.
    Some of this could be because of I-90. As you probably know, between Rockford and Randall Road, what 20-25 miles, it's all torn up, a two lane concrete jungle that no one wants to drive.
    And, once that's done, apparently, I-90 from Randall to 53? is also being torn up.
    Time to relocate to ... I dunno ... ANYWHERE else ... warm ... :)