Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rockford, IL Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ITEM 1:
Model X will have AWD as an Option.
Model S will probably roll out AWD Option soon after RHD models are revealed for shipment to England, Hong Kong: so if AWD is the only thing holding you back, start selecting the rest of the Options and finishes for your Model S.

TM already has a lot on their plate with Supercharger openings, new Option Offerings for Model S.

ITEM 2:
Has anyone been to Oak Brook to see if charging is operational and available, prior to OFFICIAL Opening this Thursday?
If so, please advise and post pics.
Confused. You in Texas or Illinois?
What does Oak Brook have to do with Rockford?
Oak Brook has (always had) charging, two bays, one with Model S hookup, one with Roadster. Adapter for latter available on request from showroom.
If you're asking if Rockford is tested prior to opening, (TelsaOwners member) John P. tried it yesterday and gave it his thumbs up. :)

ITEM 1:
Model X will have AWD as an Option.
Model S will probably roll out AWD Option soon after RHD models are revealed for shipment to England, Hong Kong: so if AWD is the only thing holding you back, start selecting the rest of the Options and finishes for your Model S.

TM already has a lot on their plate with Supercharger openings, new Option Offerings for Model S.

ITEM 2:
Has anyone been to Oak Brook to see if charging is operational and available, prior to OFFICIAL Opening this Thursday?
If so, please advise and post pics.

Everyone I have spoken with at Tesla says model X is late 2014 early 2015 more likley. My X5 goes back in November. May just get something to fill gap until then. We have a farm outisde of Viroqua,WI so supercharger in Rockford / Madison are key. AWD is important espeically in winter on our hill road.

Confused. You in Texas or Illinois?
What does Oak Brook have to do with Rockford?
Oak Brook has (always had) charging, two bays, one with Model S hookup, one with Roadster. Adapter for latter available on request from showroom.
If you're asking if Rockford is tested prior to opening, (TelsaOwners member) John P. tried it yesterday and gave it his thumbs up. :)

In Texas here.
I apologize for Slight error: I intended ROCKFORD, not Oak Brook.
Good to know it is OPERATING prior to Opening.

I am in Texas, just returned from Bellmead (Waco) Opening this morning : 21 MS were there.

My perspective as a Tesla Owner:
IF you have a opportunity to attend and participate in an Opening, I strongly encourage you to make the effort.
GREAT Experience.

Dang....I'm here in Denton and could've made it to Bellmead today. I wish I had known about this.....albeit, I would've joined in a National Car rented Toyota Camry.

In Texas here.
I apologize for Slight error: I intended ROCKFORD, not Oak Brook.
Good to know it is OPERATING prior to Opening.

I am in Texas, just returned from Bellmead (Waco) Opening this morning : 21 MS were there.

My perspective as a Tesla Owner:
IF you have a opportunity to attend and participate in an Opening, I strongly encourage you to make the effort.
GREAT Experience.

Dang....I'm here in Denton and could've made it to Bellmead today. I wish I had known about this.....albeit, I would've joined in a National Car rented Toyota Camry.

Congrats to you Illinois guys on your second SC. We just opened one the other day in Waco. Looks like they are rolling out pretty quick.

BTW Luder...whatcha doing in Denton? I've lived around here since 1980, but I was born and raised in Aurora (IL).

Group photo of Tesla owners at the unveiling today.

Great time had by all!

Attachments

• ILAFWSGXBEPOSWYTDOSYKDIFVTKTNLPFFG_medium.jpg
    ILAFWSGXBEPOSWYTDOSYKDIFVTKTNLPFFG_medium.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 253
Congrats to you Illinois guys on your second SC. We just opened one the other day in Waco. Looks like they are rolling out pretty quick.

BTW Luder...whatcha doing in Denton? I've lived around here since 1980, but I was born and raised in Aurora (IL).

K5ing, I own and run a management consulting company. I travel out to meet up clients, do sales, and other things business related. I happened to be down in Denton for a new client. If I come back down anytime soon, I'll be sure to look up the Dallas owners and see if anything is organized.

K5ing, I own and run a management consulting company. I travel out to meet up clients, do sales, and other things business related. I happened to be down in Denton for a new client. If I come back down anytime soon, I'll be sure to look up the Dallas owners and see if anything is organized.

Ok, I was just curious. I know there is at least one Tesla owner in Denton, and there are a bunch more in the general DFW area. Check out the Mountain/Southwest forum area next time you're in town and see if there are any Cars & Coffee GTGs going on. I'm sure they will welcome you even if you're driving a rented Camry.

Has anyone been using the Rockford superchargers? I stopped by on my way from Chicago to Madison on Monday afternoon, and nobody was there. Also, did anyone notice that the signs are different on the first four spots ("30 Minute General Parking") than on the last two ("Electric Vehicle Parking")? Here are a few pictures...

20131021-1602.jpg

20131021-1603-2.jpg

20131021-1603.jpg

20131021-1604-2.jpg

20131021-1604.jpg

Wow, looks lonely compared to when we had the grand opening.
Some of this could be because of I-90. As you probably know, between Rockford and Randall Road, what 20-25 miles, it's all torn up, a two lane concrete jungle that no one wants to drive.
And, once that's done, apparently, I-90 from Randall to 53? is also being torn up.
Time to relocate to ... I dunno ... ANYWHERE else ... warm ... :)