Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They did not get a build to order SR Y last week. They got matched to an inventory car. Unless they have a super secret number from the factory to order directly from the assembly line, no SA anywhere has been able to place a custom order on those since they were removed from the website. Are you sure your friend ordered custom builds that are being delivered from the factory and not just rejects/inventory cars or possibly LR Y? If they did order as you say they would have a born on date within the last 7 days. Can you get that information for their 2 cars?

They did not get a build to order SR Y last week. They got matched to an inventory car. Unless they have a super secret number from the factory to order directly from the assembly line, no SA anywhere has been able to place a custom order on those since they were removed from the website. Are you sure your friend ordered custom builds that are being delivered from the factory and not just rejects/inventory cars or possibly LR Y? If they did order as you say they would have a born on date within the last 7 days. Can you get that information for their 2 cars?
they ordered, they haven't been matched with a vin - same as me - I ordered that car and haven't been matched with a Vin, yet. My SA told us we'd get the car eventually - most likely May because of the color choice. I don't know what you think you know, but you can walk into a Tesla store and order "off menu," still. Especially in NorCal. Will they end up making the car, who knows, but you can still order it.

they ordered, they haven't been matched with a vin - same as me - I ordered that car and haven't been matched with a Vin, yet. My SA told us we'd get the car eventually - most likely May because of the color choice. I don't know what you think you know, but you can walk into a Tesla store and order "off menu," still. Especially in NorCal. Will they end up making the car, who knows, but you can still order it.
Well, considering most people here have called dealers and wanted to place order they’ve been told that you can’t even if Elon said you can. I called a dealer and they said that isn’t true but you can get what is in inventory. What dealer did you order it from? I’ll give them a call now.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Like RedWhite19 said, tell me the store.

What likely happened is they put in a request for one and the SA will reserve one for them if one becomes available. We test drove one a month ago and the SA told us that is we wanted that model (SR) we would need to place a request with one and he would try to match us to one that popped up in inventory. If this is the case, that is not an order. You are not guaranteed a car by the end of May (based on the latest info). You will only get a car if someone rejects one and it doesn't get matched to someone else who placed an order online with the $100 deposit. Your SA is playing you hoping he can find one and he gets the commission.

Did you place $100 deposit? Or are you just waiting for an SA to tell you he reserved a car for you?

Well, considering most people here have called dealers and wanted to place order they’ve been told that you can’t even if Elon said you can. I called a dealer and they said that isn’t true but you can get what is in inventory. What dealer did you order it from? I’ll give them a call now.
Fremont and Palo alto and just because you say it isn't so, doesn't mean it isnt. I have no reason to lie and neither do my friends. Seems silly that you would think that anyway. what does anyone have to gain from it?

Like RedWhite19 said, tell me the store.

What likely happened is they put in a request for one and the SA will reserve one for them if one becomes available. We test drove one a month ago and the SA told us that is we wanted that model (SR) we would need to place a request with one and he would try to match us to one that popped up in inventory. If this is the case, that is not an order. You are not guaranteed a car by the end of May (based on the latest info). You will only get a car if someone rejects one and it doesn't get matched to someone else who placed an order online with the $100 deposit. Your SA is playing you hoping he can find one and he gets the commission.

Did you place $100 deposit? Or are you just waiting for an SA to tell you he reserved a car for you?
$100 deposits --- all of us. Not waiting on SA to match anything. Ordered, though mine was ordered much earlier on 1/20 completed profile on 1/21.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Deep Blue Metallic
$1,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$45,290.00

Additional Charges​

Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$294.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Registration Amount
$280.00
Sales Tax
$4,189.33

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$50,090.33​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00
All dates and times in UTC

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00
Contingent on residents signing any required documentation

Amount Due​

$48,490.33​

Last edited:
I just called the Palo Alto dealer off El Camino and they stated you can NOT order it off-menu. The sales rep also said they’ve stopped making it, and I can only get a LR. I called the Palo Alto one on El Camino Real.

You placed your order in Jan. That’s when it was still available. Anything after the announcement was basically gone unless it was in inventory. So, no, you cannot pick-up the phone now and place an order for a SR MY.

I just called the Palo Alto dealer off El Camino and they stated you can NOT order it off-menu. The sales rep also said they’ve stopped making it, and I can only get a LR. I called the Palo Alto one on El Camino Real.

You placed your order in Jan. That’s when it was still available. Anything after the announcement was basically gone unless it was in inventory. So, no, you cannot pick-up the phone now and place an order for a SR MY.
Again, just because you couldn't right now, doesn't mean they couldn't a week ago. GFY if you think just because you called you got the right answer and also don't @ me anymore. I gave you info, just because you didnt like what I said, doesn't mean it;s wrong or not true.

$100 deposits --- all of us. Not waiting on SA to match anything. Ordered, though mine was ordered much earlier on 1/20 completed profile on 1/21.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Deep Blue Metallic
$1,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$45,290.00

Additional Charges​

Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$294.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Registration Amount
$280.00
Sales Tax
$4,189.33

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$50,090.33​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00
All dates and times in UTC

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00
Contingent on residents signing any required documentation

Amount Due​

$48,490.33​

So all of your orders were placed in January before the SR Y was removed from the website? Why would you call in when you can order online? If it is available online, calling in isn't "ordering off-menu". If its on the website its "on-menu".

Did you read the posts in this thread prior to jumping in to say you have done something no one else has?

Someone over in the LR AWD waiting room posted that they were able to transfer their reservation to someone else. Might be worth reaching out to anyone who has a SR Y order but doesn't want to wait til MAY/June to get one (someone posted that if you have an order in, you will get one, just "later"). They can sign their SR reservation over to you then sign up for a new LR one. Worth a shot if you really want a SR but don't have a reservation on and don't think your chances of getting a reject or inventory car are that great.

So all of your orders were placed in January before the SR Y was removed from the website? Why would you call in when you can order online? If it is available online, calling in isn't "ordering off-menu". If its on the website its "on-menu".

Did you read the posts in this thread prior to jumping in to say you have done something no one else has?
I ordered online - they went instore - right after Elon tweeted. And now I am done with this conversation. Maybe you're the one with the reading comprehension issue - I told you originally, i ordered on 1/20....my friends went IN STORE to order.

Did you change from LR RWD to LR AWD?? what is the final price with FSD?

I do not have the specifics yet. I expect a price to be between, LR RWD plus AWD extra motor cost and current LR AWD.

The SA said for now they would just update the configuration which would show current prices and later they would "fix" the FSD price to the original FSD price in the sales agreement. He already received permission to do this. Others have said they got their original FSD price from the time of their LR RWD order, but that they had to also take the base price and option price from that time as well.

I will see when I get the motor vehicle sales agreement document.

With increased US EV credits, I expect demand will outstrip supply until the 4680 production is online in the fall.
You never know, but I do not think we will see an LR RWD until Q1 2022 if ever.