Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered online - they went instore - right after Elon tweeted. And now I am done with this conversation. Maybe you're the one with the reading comprehension issue - I told you originally, i ordered on 1/20....my friends went IN STORE to order.
You never said when your friends ordered, hence all the confusion. You made it sound like they ordered after you but not that much. You on 1/20 vs them ordering after 2/21 is a huge difference. Now that the information is out there it is likely they got an order in just before they stopped taking them. From reading here it sounds like stores stopped the off the menu orders after 2/25 or so. And people were able to be matched to inventory cars at the time so the off menu ordering seem like a true custom order but wasn't really.

I do not have the specifics yet. I expect a price to be between, LR RWD plus AWD extra motor cost and current LR AWD.

The SA said for now they would just update the configuration which would show current prices and later they would "fix" the FSD price to the original FSD price in the sales agreement. He already received permission to do this. Others have said they got their original FSD price from the time of their LR RWD order, but that they had to also take the base price and option price from that time as well.

I will see when I get the motor vehicle sales agreement document.

With increased US EV credits, I expect demand will outstrip supply until the 4680 production is online in the fall.
You never know, but I do not think we will see an LR RWD until Q1 2022 if ever.
Last time I talked to one of the SA, she told me original FSD($6000) price and 52,000 for the AWD

Thank you for your post, however, I am afraid I do not follow.

Last Aug they produced a small run of Model Y RWD cars for certification. I think all the range numbers and certifications are done, but they stopped a planned fall release because of strong AWD sales. You can see articles about the limited RWD run and Elon's tweet about Model Y RWD coming soon on July 20 last year.

The key problem is batteries, Panasonic and other suppliers are not keeping up with higher profit AWD and energy sales growth. Until Tesla has their own factories, and they are producing batteries in volume I do not think we will see the Model Y RWD. Maybe Q1 2022, if ever. These are billion-dollar decisions despite I think an honest desire to deliver the Model they just do not have the battery capacity.

We see this also with production delay in the Semi. Although I think they are going to do a limited run or Semi production and delivery them to some large fleet customers for minor design update feedback.

Thank you for your post, however, I am afraid I do not follow.

Last Aug they produced a small run of Model Y RWD cars for certification. I think all the range numbers and certifications are done, but they stopped a planned fall release because of strong AWD sales. You can see articles about the limited RWD run and Elon's tweet about Model Y RWD coming soon on July 20 last year.

The key problem is batteries, Panasonic and other suppliers are not keeping up with higher profit AWD and energy sales growth. Until Tesla has their own factories, and they are producing batteries in volume I do not think we will see the Model Y RWD. Maybe Q1 2022, if ever. These are billion-dollar decisions despite I think an honest desire to deliver the Model they just do not have the battery capacity.

We see this also with production delay in the Semi. Although I think they are going to do a limited run or Semi production and delivery them to some large fleet customers for minor design update feedback.
"The California Air Resources Board published executive orders for the Long Range rear-wheel-drive version of the Model Y electric crossover on Thursday (US time), signalling that it could be available for sale within months if the company follows previous timelines for other models."

Hopefully we will find out within a few months if Tesla will produce the LR RWD MY.

Reactions: seangoggin
"The California Air Resources Board published executive orders for the Long Range rear-wheel-drive version of the Model Y electric crossover on Thursday (US time), signalling that it could be available for sale within months if the company follows previous timelines for other models."

Hopefully we will find out within a few months if Tesla will produce the LR RWD MY.
Yup. I see that certification appeared and then disappeared. Something in the making.

Reactions: seangoggin