Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S60 - 210 miles stated vs actual charge after charge is 205

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the upgrade 2 days ago. As a 60 , my car was always 210 . After the upgrade it is 245. Weather not a factor. My personal case looks to me like I probably have degredation, but it was not reflected in the software restriction. If anyone else sees this, il makes the 60 look like an even better deal.
Mine shows 243 at 100% . Im in the DC area btw. Its been averaging about 45-55 degrees here.

Howdy,

Being a new MS60 owner, I have a question regarding the batter range. Everyone says the S60 has a stated range of 210 but when I charge to full (100%), it says the range is 205. Is there a problem OR is that just the way it supposed to work?

Thank you!

How many miles and what month was it produced? What is the temperature where you're charging it?

Howdy,

Great questions - it was made in December 2016 and I charge in SoCal. Miles is about 400. Our weather has has been hovering around the 50s and 60s when doing overnight charging.

Hope this helps and thank you!

So basically brand new and based on the temperature, you should be seeing your full rated miles. Have you contacted Tesla?

Y'all know that the rated miles displayed is only an estimate, right? And that the accuracy varies depending on how the battery has been charged and discharged recently? It can't be exact because the battery state of charge can't be measured exactly. Plus or minus a few miles is meaningless.

• Informative
Reactions: Munk
My new MS60 charged to 212mi, now it's stable at 210. Pretty sure it's algorithm and / or driving history change. It's an artificial number, don't agonize too much over it. I don't expect software limited 75 batteries to degrade as there is plenty of overhead...

Y'all know that the rated miles displayed is only an estimate, right? And that the accuracy varies depending on how the battery has been charged and discharged recently? It can't be exact because the battery state of charge can't be measured exactly. Plus or minus a few miles is meaningless.

It's an estimate based on the what the BMS reports is the actual capacity. The only reason rated would be lower if there *isn't* degradation is due to imbalance which is almost impossible with 400 miles since tesla delivers the car with a 100% charge to start. You also don't need to discharge to rebalance, but you do need to hit or exceed 93% for re-balancing to start.

Remember, he's got 400 miles. I've got 32K miles and still hit 226 rated miles on my P90D. 227 was what it was brand new which is 90% of the 253 claimed EPA rated miles that the P85D makes when fully charged.

Reactions: Munk
What year is your vehicle?

Is that the 'rated' or 'ideal' range?

I just purchased a 2014 Model S 60. I've never charged it to 100%, but at 90% I get about 295km of 'idea' range, suggesting a max range of 328km, which is about 205m.

On Tesla's website, the 'advertised' range is significantly more, but if everyone is getting 210, then it means you and I have lost 5m (or about 2.4%) of our capacity.

My RATED range is much less however, at around only 250km on a 90% charge. And in reality, I don't even get that much, but probably because it's winter and the cold, rain, snow and win can reduce range.
Wow, that's really good. My 2014 60 usually reads 284km at 90%. It has over 85k kms on it though so maybe that's why. Also, it's a previous service loaner, so maybe it was charged to 100% often too.