Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are mini-roundabouts in my neighborhood, and when the car wants to turn left, it turns on the blinker (bad) but goes around the rotary to make the left (good).
I'm not sure I understand which side blinker it uses from your comment.
In driving school in Europe (where there are tons of rounbdabouts) they teach you that when you enter a circle you keep a left turn blinker on and switch to the right side blinker only to indicate the exit you are going to take.
If you remain in the circle you keep a left blinker on.
No one in the US seems to know this.

Fsd won't be L2 forever, pretty obvious
Oh, so it will be a game changer, once it's not L2. But you said FSD BETA was a game changer, not something in the future.

How long will that be? Been 5 years almost to the day since Tesla announced FSD. Tesla already said to the CA DMV that they will give lots of heads up before they try and move beyond L2, and that hasn't happened yet.

Of course something beyond L2 will be a game changer. However, there is a lot of historical direction here that L3+ won't happen on a Tesla that is in your garage today.

What's your timeline for useful, L3+ FSD on a 2020 Tesla?

I
No PLAID got it
I'll confidently expand upon that by saying, "No Refreshed LR or Plaid received the FSD beta update..." Meaning, no cars with the Tesla mandatory yoke was granted the opportunity, 100 safety score or not. Absent any comment from Tesla on this, most conclude Tesla/EM is not confident in their yoke with beta FSD software. Nice, right?!

Reactions: FSDtester#1

What's going on here. I thought yesterday there was something like 1075 either installed or pending install.

When I just checked there is only 210 installed / pending.

Since this was supposed to be the public beta of 100/100 people did they pull back installs and revert most people back ?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
No, it's a game changer now.
Cool, why?
What can you do with the car you couldn't do before? Who can use the car that couldn't before? Where can it go that it couldn't before? Does it cost you less to operate (sounds like more due to tire wear)?

If you wrote an advertisement for a Tesla that has FSD Beta (not a future update), what would it say? If it's a game changer, this should be easy. Sell me this pen.

there are mini-roundabouts in my neighborhood, and when the car wants to turn left, it turns on the blinker (bad) but goes around the rotary to make the left (good).
As was mentioned, this is the correct behavior - assuming it flips the blinker the other way on the exit of the roundabout it is taking. This is official driver handbook behavior in the UK. We're not in the UK of course. I don't know that there is anything explicit on the books about how to do it in any US states. It's not required in some states but it is recommended as a courtesy to other drivers.

I can only answer #1 and the safety scores still update with FSD beta

Have you seen any dings yet when running FSD Beta, but driving manually? I figured I should have some - though they may have been masked, it did seem a little rough (to say the least) when transitioning out of FSD on disengagements - and I wasn't sure if these should have been counted. But clean 100 with the few miles I traveled last night. However, there was nothing I KNOW should have counted - so it could have just been me getting lucky.

Would be curious to know if the scores are updating and being tracked as normal when not using FSD Beta, but with FSD Beta enabled, if anyone has seen it (would require non-zero demerits to know for sure of course).

Cool, why?
What can you do with the car you couldn't do before? Who can use the car that couldn't before? Where can it go that it couldn't before? Does it cost you less to operate (sounds like more due to tire wear)?

If you wrote an advertisement for a Tesla that has FSD Beta (not a future update), what would it say? If it's a game changer, this should be easy. Sell me this pen.

Wow, the lengths you'll go to complain.

Regular Autopilot is L2. People find it useful. Thanks.

Would be curious to know if the scores are updating and being tracked as normal when not using FSD Beta, but with FSD Beta enabled, if anyone has seen it (would require non-zero demerits to know for sure of course).
Yes it is. I used FSD Beta for 99% of my 10 mile commute this morning. My daily safety score is 85 (5.6 hard breaking) and my overall safety score is now 99.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Wow did you have 99 on friday...
When the day started we were at 99. Took a roadtrip to Grand Rapids from Chicago. Nearly every mile was on NAP. Did hit 100, but early morning yesterday I let AP stop us at a light rather then me doing it and it dropped to 99 because of hard braking. So is the thought that the check wasnt realtime when they pushed the beta to deployment?

Reactions: THXULTRA