Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are they using this score with their insurance? If your score drops you rate goes up? Are there brackets? Is the starting price based off 100 expectation and it'll only go up if score goes down or does the price go down if the score remains 100? I want the four one uno boi

From their FAQ: Tesla Insurance Using Real-Time Driving Behavior

Your starting rate is based on a score of 90, for the first two months.

1634270925592.png

Driving slower is nuisance behavior? Man, if I am driving the the right lane five under and that pisses a dude off he can go eat my hat.

I think the real problem is that the world is full of bad drivers that don’t give adequate following distance, make last minute darting turns, stare at their phone until the glance up and do an OH *sugar* THERES MY EXXXXITTTT swerve accross four lanes of interstate traffic, and decide to play vertical frogger with their car weveing in an out of traffic at high speed.
I completely agree, after 4 decades of driving with no accidents. My favorites are the dingbats that weave in and out of lanes in heavy traffic, nearly clipping anyone who is near them and tailgating to boot, only to arrive at their destination a fraction earlier. It is interesting, a car is a prosthesis like any other, and this case is truly a reflection of the internal state of the person utilizing it. If the person is tense, impatient and erratic internally, their driving style will like correspond to that internal state. hmmm, I wonder....

So fsd beta has turned my 100 score to a 98 in just a couple of trips. It slams on the brakes a lot and has made me hit the brakes a few times as well (you know, so I don’t hit the things that fsd seems to want to launch me into sometimes). Has tesla said whether they will take away fsd for “unsafe” driving that happens within seconds of disengagement?
My safety score disappeared after getting 10.2, and nothing I’ve tried has brought it back. I’m kind of glad I can’t see my safety score, though, as I’m sure it’s gone way down, partially because I’ve had to take over and slam the brakes several times, and partially because I’ve stopped driving like a granny when not on FSD. Will be interesting to see if any of us lose FSD due to poor safety scores!

Cool. This is the only way I can see my safety score now. Had to log back in to Stats which I had not used in over a year.

Looks like I am down to a 99, primarily due to an FCW occurring right after an FSD Beta disengagement resulting in 46 miles with a score of 93! (Car parked by the side of the road on my street that I was definitely not going to hit, but I think it still had TACC on so it got upset.) Just 752 miles to get back to “perfect.” Lol.

But I don’t care! I will maintain a decent score it seems. The FCW will eventually drop off I suppose.
Interesting histogram at the bottom - that seems to indicate that almost 30% of Stats users have either a 99 or 100 score? Do we really believe the latest tweet that all cars with 99/100 will receive the beta next Friday? That would be a huge number of new cars of this histogram is accurate.

Interesting histogram at the bottom - that seems to indicate that almost 30% of Stats users have either a 99 or 100 score? Do we really believe the latest tweet that all cars with 99/100 will receive the beta next Friday? That would be a huge number of new cars of this histogram is accurate.
It’s very likely not representative of the overall user base. A lot of Tesla owners don’t care about this stuff at all. Though amongst button pushers it may not be THAT unrepresentative.

Reactions: Yuri_G
It will drop off after 30 days, which is what I was talking about. But I don’t care at all. Mission Accomplished. And I plan to continue to drive carefully and I’ve played enough with FSD Beta now that I know not to bother using it in my neighborhood. So further FCWs are very unlikely.

I’ll also get a huge boost in about 10 days when my initial 115 miles at 99 drop off. Still won’t get me to 100 though (only gives me 115 mile bonus), but depends on how much driving I do in the next week.
Is the drop off after 30 days thing a fact?

I had a 100% safety score last Friday at about 5:30 PM PST. I never received the beta. Today I’m still at 100%. I just woke up to the 10.2 beta download. Finally!!!! looks like they decided to give the people that were overlooked for the beta last week before next weeks 10.3 update to the 100s and 99‘s. Let the adventures begin…

Attachments

• 0F2AF5A9-AC96-4A4C-A34B-34D9EA1CE85B.jpeg
    0F2AF5A9-AC96-4A4C-A34B-34D9EA1CE85B.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 33
3t6ZL0s.png

All my categories are good except "unsafe following". I've been doing good drives now with 0 unsafe following time but my average is still stuck at 35.4%. It's been stuck at 35.4% for over a week. How do I fix my unsafe following time?

Here is my graph for "unsafe following": You can see I have 2 spikes but otherwise good. One was early before I could see my safety score on my app and I was new to how it works. The other one was when a semi truck cut in front of me on the highway. Maybe because the two spikes were so big, it will take longer to change the average?

9asie7G.png

You can see I have 2 spikes but otherwise good. One was early before I could see my safety score on my app and I was new to how it works. The other one was when a semi truck cut in front of me on the highway. Maybe because the two spikes were so big, it will take longer to change the average?

I feel like my "unsafe following" is probably holding me back from a higher score. If I could fix the "unsafe following", I could probably get to 99.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc