Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting you're not going to use it as a daily driver while @Knightshade was sure it would be super useful since it would get him the 20 miles to work each day with no interventions.

Doesn't seem odd to me.

Different people have different drives they do.

It'll be more or less useful to some people than others.

Routinely drive on suburban or rural roads with little construction/change? You're probably going to find it very useful.

Routinely drive in complex downtowns with significant construction? You're probably not going to find it as useful right now.
(and various steps in between of course)

Case in point-
Oh wow, I just did a short drive around my suburbs. It's not that jerky or aggressive for me so far. It feels great in suburbs.

Does anyone that know the status of Safety Score?

1. Those that got the FSD Beta is it still updating your Safety Score Trips?

2. Any change to those that are 99 and below? I can check this myself later today. But just wondering.
Mine is still updating from 100 to 100... Has been that same score since the rollout and no Beta for my Model S Plaid - "Ohm My" (Car's name)

• Informative
Reactions: THXULTRA and jebinc
Not really meant for parking lot driving ...
Well the first block of the drive where I intervened 4 times was not a parking lot, it was a normal residential street. At one point, it headed straight towards another car and accelerated LOL! (it had clearly marked lane lines and visibility was great. Lots of traffic and peds though) Even when it's not scaring the *sugar* out me, it's super jerky and jumpy.

Haha, I used FSD beta 99% of time to drive me to work today. Had a few disengagements and expected wonkyness. Checked my Daily Saftety Score for my commute.... 85 LoL 5.6 Hard Breaking. Not even sure when I did that and don't remember any hard breaking interventions? Probably had 1 short blip of breaking, and since only 1% was manual driving it makes my stats look awful.

Assuming now that I have it, Tesla won't take my FSD beta away for having a lowly 85 score for a day? Overall average is now down to 99.

I tried for a week to keep a high score in the Cleveland area. I kept getting dinged for ridiculous things out of my control while having no fun driving. I decided it wasn't worth it and went back to enjoying driving. I'll just wait a little longer and continue to enjoy my M3 LR with AB and drive how I always do. Growing up outside NYC my driving style is definitely not compatible with the safety score.

Reactions: JosiahLuscher
I had a 99 score over 1200 miles... lot of freeway driving, but a fair amount around town as well. Probably a 70/30 split on that 1200 miles. Then my wife took the car to work for one week and I'm down to 96... she likes to follow too closely and then has to brake hard. *sigh*

Fsd beta is a game changer. Just wait until you guys use it. The feeling of the car driving itself 100% is bananas. I call it the betacoaster. It's like a joy ride in an amusement park, with some risks involved.
Like I've been saying all along- at this point, L2 FSD is all about entertainment. It's not useful. It's fun. Your words prove that - "betacoaster" and "amusement park"

Tell me, how is it a "game changer"? What can you do with the car that you couldn't before, that is not just for entertainment?

Just experienced FSD Beta on my drive to work this morning (10 miles) and it was mind blowing having it make a left turn over two lanes of traffic. I only had a few disengagements only because the navigation it was following, I wanted to go another route to avoid traffic and construction.

Excited for my drive back home after work to see how it handles.