Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All good with SMT and the new MX+ on the '22 Refresh MS LR.

No crashes, better BT range, good data, except:

I did notice that my CAC numbers went haywire somehow. Now showing min of 25, max of 512.

I recall somewhere it was mentioned these numbers were not reliable, can find the post now.

All good with SMT and the new MX+ on the '22 Refresh MS LR.

No crashes, better BT range, good data, except:

I did notice that my CAC numbers went haywire somehow. Now showing min of 25, max of 512.

I recall somewhere it was mentioned these numbers were not reliable, can find the post now.
I had to use the model 3 setting in the SMT to get everything to work.
You have the latest SMT version?

For me, the CAC numbers seems correct.
Sometimes Tesla changes how things work and then SMT need an update.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I'm also seeing very strange CAC values with 2023.44.30.5.1 on a 2022 MS, running SMT 2.3.7 on iOS. Everything was fine until the update to 2023.44.30.5.1. Now I'm seeing stuff like CAC Min: 781, CAC Avg: 107, CAC Max: 527 and CAC Imbalance -254. It seems that Tesla has changed something, and SMT hasn't caught up yet.

I'm also seeing very strange CAC values with 2023.44.30.5.1 on a 2022 MS, running SMT 2.3.7 on iOS. Everything was fine until the update to 2023.44.30.5.1. Now I'm seeing stuff like CAC Min: 781, CAC Avg: 107, CAC Max: 527 and CAC Imbalance -254. It seems that Tesla has changed something, and SMT hasn't caught up yet.
Similar values here, I think it started with 44.30.4.x

Also, not seeing power output on one motor.

Not seeing CAC is a concern since I have lost 3 KwH capacity in the last month and 800 miles.

These values are from about a week ago. Not sure if it was 2023.44.30.5.1 or a previous 2023.44.30.x version.

Two screenshots taken a couple seconds apart. CAC values were “jumping”. Notice the difference in CAC min and CAC average between the two images.

2022 M3P with roughly 4650 miles on the odometer when this was taken.
IMG_3546.png

IMG_3547.png

Reactions: aerodyne
This is why there is that setting for the 2020 and the 2022 FW updates as there were changes made to returned values. Perhaps there is another turnover happening. It's frustrating. Shame there isn't a way to check the firmware version on the CANbus
IMG_1666.jpeg

Also, if you are seeing a setting change several times a minute between conflicting values that likely means they have added another value in that same location and set a flag to indicate which value we are looking at, it's called a Multiplexed Value. Its useful if you have two same sized values and they don't update super fast why not share a single address?

Last October, I got my MXP and installed the OBDLink LX with the new cable. It worked fine as before, but the cubby space is so small I can't stow the adapter and the cable inside and close the door. Read this thread - and found Scott drilled a hole to pass the cable. Is there any way to put it inside?
Yes, at least on the MS. It took some fiddling, but was able to disconnect a white nylon connector and push the whole harness back under the center screen.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Not a single crash on the MX+ and SMT in the refresh MS. Pretty happy with it, although I'm torn about the beta version. I have a hard time reading the fonts. So for now, two phones with different versions.

I saw a Vid of a CT driver wearing Apple Vision goggles. Maybe that's the best way to get a good view of SMT when driving😁

Any work in progress to get SMT on the Cybertruck?

Any work in progress to get SMT on the Cybertruck?
I've followed it pretty closely at various places and I haven't even seen anyone look closely at connections. It may be the same as all the new HW4 systems. I'm really hoping all the connections are the same so all the various options for a drivers display/cluster that 3 & Y owners have will be available for the CT.

Related to connections:

xreKrGQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
I'm not expert, but I remember someone saying the CT did away with the old CAN bus altogether and is using another system. So there si no way to make SMT work in the CT. There is no CAN bus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Didn't they move to Ethernet for the intermodule comms? That is what seems to have been reported by Teslarati, based on some interviews that Sandy Munro did with Tesla.

If the Ethernet can be hacked we'd be able to use the Cellular Internet for free. Always wanted that feature on the other cars.
for UMC 1 cars that can already be done. I had that for years.
Lost that with my new Y but then a small SIM router with the right settings gives you unlimited internet.

Didn't they move to Ethernet for the intermodule comms? That is what seems to have been reported by Teslarati, based on some interviews that Sandy Munro did with Tesla.
Yes it was in a Munro video, I think it's ethernet.

for UMC 1 cars that can already be done. I had that for years.
Lost that with my new Y but then a small SIM router with the right settings gives you unlimited internet.

Yes it was in a Munro video, I think it's ethernet.

Jumping in just cause I am curious... is all the ethernet traffic encrypted? I not then a hub or managed switch and wireshark could pull data for SMT(with appropriate re-coding) right?

Jumping in just cause I am curious... is all the ethernet traffic encrypted? I not then a hub or managed switch and wireshark could pull data for SMT(with appropriate re-coding) right?

my bet it is encrypted but even if not, still, deciphering data to meaningful numbers will take some time, just like CAN data...
Wonder what service mode plus will show here:

OBbEbGc.jpg

Wonder what diag cables will show up here:

GrhJYRn.jpg