Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Bedford NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard a rumor that there is now a building or at least part of one. Anyone able to check.
I just saw a video via facebook "Tesla Owners New Hampshire" group that might explain a seed of something real that could have turned into this rumor.

The video is showing new "dig safe" and other "utility" markings on the street pavement along side the lot. As others have said, no physical building or even disturbance of the lot is visible.

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Thought I'd add this to the rumor pile...

Tesla Vehicle Service Technician East Montpelier, VT... 🤔 While this could be a mobile service technician, it doesn't state that and suggests the potential of working in a service center. No other service job postings (for VT, NH or ME). There is a supercharger construction manager position posted for Burlington, VT suggesting they want more northern coverage for supercharger builds.

I really believe the reason there aren't enough Teslas in northern New England is because there are no service centers. The nearest SC to us is 4 hours away in Albany, I took a major risk buying a Tesla in the first place. A few people I know would not even consider a Tesla unless there was a SC within a 1 hour drive. By not having service everywhere, they are really turning off a lot of potential customers. Burlington VT would be ideal for a SC.
What's that about a lack of service centers? Seems to me like the north east is swimming is service compared to the west. Some of us out here are literally over a day away from the "local" service center. Boise is almost 400 miles, and Denver is almost 500 miles from the Salt Lake Service center. Big circles.

So yea, there might be a pretty big portion of northern New York, VT, NH & all of Maine that has no service, but it doesn't hold a candle to what we are coping with out here.

Both pics are at the same scale.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.41.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.42.14 PM.png

I should add I've had service at both Peabody and Dedham over the last year, and both times I was booked 2 weeks out. Same for SLC, so slow service is not indicative of less service. I'd wager servicing our Tesla's stinks anywhere in the country.

Reactions: MikeHawk
The locations chosen for Tesla service are likely determined by prioritizing vehicle density versus larger regional customer convenience. Compared to three years ago, southern NH appears to be overrun with Teslas. Plenty of anecdotal evidence. Just last week, found myself in a parade of 3 Teslas on a rural backroad in Amherst. Since Tesla can see where all vehicles reside, Bedford is likely well positioned to serve a high concentration of cars between Concord and Nashua.

On a side note, among other areas hoping for immediate service relief in New England... north central CT is certainly hurting. It's not for a lack of trying on Tesla's part. Last year there was the debacle stirred up by East Hartford/ Hoffman Auto Group, putting the kibosh on that deal. Just this summer Tesla folded their tent on a service center proposal in South Windsor. Blame the usual suspects...CT Auto Retailers Ass. (CARA) and local town officials.

The locations chosen for Tesla service are likely determined by prioritizing vehicle density versus larger regional customer convenience. Compared to three years ago, southern NH appears to be overrun with Teslas. Plenty of anecdotal evidence. Just last week, found myself in a parade of 3 Teslas on a rural backroad in Amherst. Since Tesla can see where all vehicles reside, Bedford is likely well positioned to serve a high concentration of cars between Concord and Nashua.

On a side note, among other areas hoping for immediate service relief in New England... north central CT is certainly hurting. It's not for a lack of trying on Tesla's part. Last year there was the debacle stirred up by East Hartford/ Hoffman Auto Group, putting the kibosh on that deal. Just this summer Tesla folded their tent on a service center proposal in South Windsor. Blame the usual suspects...CT Auto Retailers Ass. (CARA) and local town officials.
I think the Springfield, MA area might also be on Tesla's radar for an SC

Those same areas have the same problem with grocery stores. I mean, I get nobody wants to drive 5 hours to a service center, but you bought a Tesla that can only be serviced by Tesla and you live in the middle of nowhere. It'd be a lot easier to get right to repair legislation passed and allow independent shops to do the work rather than wait for Tesla to build a service center for an area that measures population density in sq miles per person rather than person per sq miles.

Reactions: chjch and Tdreamer
If Tesla would “fix” the cars at the service center before they deliver to the customer then post delivery service would mostly be the things my local garage can do—tires, wheels, alignment, suspension. Long waits and poor service is something they bring upon themselves by handing incomplete cars off to customers. The original idea of service centers being an extension of the factory got swept aside by the end of quarter push. Aside from some hardware recalls, many of which can be done by rangers, the trip back to a service center should be an almost never event.

Wait, what? What firmware? What do you mean trigger failures? Asks the guy whose DU warranty expires in 2 months.

So, there were some firmware updates that happened earlier this year or maybe late last year. I forget which. But since then, rear drive units have been failing at a pretty surprising rate. My 2018 just had its Performance read DU and inverter replaced after it went bang in my garage. It tool about a month, all told, to get the car back. A week to "diagnose", a couple weeks for parts that ended up being about three weeks, and then a week to get the work done.

They provided me a 2019 model 3 loaner, and WOW is that suspension squeaky. 😆

Bedford is not a good location for a NH service center. Somewhere near Rt95 would be good as it would service Southern Maine as well. Those Maine towns have $ as does seacoast NH. Portsmouth NH or just South so as to make access from Manchester via 101.
I actually think Bedford is a good spot for it. It's an upscale town immediately adjacent to Manchester, New Hampshire's largest city, which is right between Nashua and Concord, the second and third largest cities and less than half an hour from each. It's also minutes from the intersection of Everett Turnpike and 101 (which you go through to get from Maine to south-central NH or north-central Mass)

Drove around the site area today. Chain was down by the decrepit trailer, and there were some fresh looking survey tags on trees, but in general doesn't look like anything is really happening. I dunno if the "for lease" sign is fresh either. Either way here some shots haphazardly taken along length of the property.

IMG_2622.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2624.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2627.jpeg
IMG_2628.jpeg
IMG_2629.jpeg
IMG_2630.jpeg