Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Scheduling Problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

josh

Nov 17, 2008
Has anybody had a challenge scheduling service?

My car has a couple of delivery niggles, most prominently a seal problem on the passenger door which makes a lot of wind noise at highway speed. I was cutting them some slack as they tried to pump out cars before 12/31, but now I'm getting slightly annoyed.

What's happened:

1) emailed my delivery guy right after I got car (3-4 weeks ago). He said to contact ownership experience.
2) emailed ownership experience with list of issues. no reply
3) emailed ownership experience again a week later. no reply
4) called service at menlo park approx 12/28. got voicemail, left voicemail. no callback
5) called menlo park service approx 12/30. got voicemail, left voicemail. no callback
6) called "ownership experience" phone number from website on 1/3. Connected and began to schedule until we realized that while it was a generic # for ownership exp, they were trying to schedule me for fremont service center (not convenient.) despite running through everything, he now said I just had to be connected to MP to schedule, and he would transfer. then got the ever-infuriating "transfer fails and get hung up on"
7) tried calling MP service direct... got the voicemail again. didn't bother to leave another
8) called ownership experience back. got another guy. explained all of above... he said he would file a service ticket and they would call me to schedule. I went to great pains to try to clarify as to why MP would schedule with my now, when they ignored all my previous voicemails. he seemed very confident but not for any reason that he could compellingly articulate.
9) no call back or contact yet...

Anybody have advice for me?

Josh - I just heard from someone at Tesla Service and they asked if I could get contact info. Please either send me a private message, or, share your VIN (they can find you in the database).

While not an excuse in any way, shape, or form, they are running 110 mph (especially with all the EOY deliveries) and some things were missed.

No need to keep calling - two people from Tesla Service are on this. I didn't get contact info from you, so went thru old posts and found your VIN so they could find you in the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Contact me via pm if you'd like their direct contact info.

My advice is to just be patient. They have precious few service techs, and they are spread really thin.
I got a call from my local service rep after waiting. You can be certain they have not forgotten about you... we are many, and they are few.

Be patient?

3 unanswered emails. 5 phone calls not returned.

I understand patience.

Patience isn't what is required at this point.

This is an issue of being understaffed and issuing a product that was not ready to be delivered. Tesla rushed out a product, and now they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to fix all the problems. This is an issue of delivering a product without an infrastructure that can accommodate the needs of customers.

Yes, you could wait and be patient. Or you (in general) can make sure your voice is heard.

One needs to stand up for one's self in these situations.

After all there is no service without being served.

Sent via Tapatalk HD

I had a loose plastic part on the driver's seat. They called me last week when the part came in, and I'm at Tesla Service in NYC right now. Easy as pie, very responsive. Now I've spent my morning working from the service center... though much less work than looking at all of the cars here. Also, they gave me a charge and washed my car! Great service, couldn't be happier.

I just tried calling the Rockville service center. Phone rings, but no one answers. Nor is there any VM. Called twice. Let phone ring for 45 seconds the first time. Hung up and called back, letting it ring for 1 min and 40 seconds. If they are unable to answer, they should have VM to allow a caller to leave a message. Bur apparently not.

Have never had to wait more than 10 hours for a response from my Denver service center rep during the week. If is email after they're closed, they get back to me the next morning. I've even gotten late evening responses after 8pm. This morning I told him I had some free time tomorrow, can I get the spoiler attached. Within minutes he responds and I have an appointment.

My Roadster is in for its annual service and new carpet installation (spilled a latte and couldn't shampoo out the rancid milk smell -<whee>-) and from the looks of it the Menlo Service center is working as an adjunct final prep facility for the factory. Model S's everywhere and most were brand new. I just got an e-mail from my service writer with a status update (It's almost 11:00pm here) so they are working like dogs. Sounds like Bonnie got you sorted but I have direct e-mails for the Menlo folks if you need it.

I have had similar problems with service at Menlo, and continue to have a problem getting maintenance from last month completed (missing parts), never mind items like my spoiler and other due-bill things. However, EVERY time I worked with the team at Menlo they have been great, accommodating, and they try hard to get the job done under very difficult circumstances. I just think that they are busy as heck (as mentioned above) and understaffed.
OTOH, I had to have service at Fremont over the holidays, and they were incredibly responsive, had parts in stock, great to work with, etc. Everything you expect from Tesla. Wonder if they need to share workload with Menlo at all???

A main concern is how are the folks who have these issues, but aren't on TMC taking it? There's been a number of issues that I got resolution on thanks more to members here than tesla, but I (also through posts here) have the knowledge if what they're going through (not that it fully excuses it)... For those who don't, they may be thinking tesla has horrible service compared to their local _____ dealer that they can walk right into.

Tesla definitely has had problems with delivery but for me at least (not all service areas are the same), service has never been an issue. Even when the closest service place was Chicago but that was when there were only Roadsters around too. I don't doubt people have had issues scheduling service though.

Given the current (and growing fast!) number of Model S owners in the Peninsula area and the South Bay here in the Bay Area (another 3 new "random" sightings yesterday!), the Menlo Park service center is bound to be stretched thin.

They'd need to scale up quite a bit in the next few months. Or, establish a third center in the Bay Area further down in the valley.

Fremont's definitely out of the way - even for me in neighboring Newark! - for most folks as that's not a real employment hotspot, atleast for the high-tech types.

But, I'll be frank: living with even minor niggles for any stretch of time with no response from service would be upsetting. It shouldn't take the intervention of Tesla owner vets such as Bonnie to set things straight - that wouldn't scale either although Bonnie is always willing and helpful!