Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNBC segment was weak. Just a bull and bear each saying nothing new. The bull did point out that there are hundreds of vehicle fires every day, but did a poor job of defending the stock price (i.e. is it overvalued).

Sure, it's overvalued. However, it would probably take a real disaster to make it drop this low again. If had more money available, I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

Wow...25 tons of force impaling the car. So it basically hit the modern equivalent of a horse-stopping pike at highway speed, and still protected the driver. As Elon said, I sure would rather have been in a Tesla than just about any other car in that scenario.

Off to the races again, boys and girls. What a well-written piece!

So that the people that are paying attention had a chance to do things like this:

I got that, but my question was more like why did he post it an hour before market close? It seemed like he just, you know, had a casual lunch. Finished at 3:30PM ET and spent 15 minutes write the blog before posting it. I'm sure this was probably written and reviewed last night and again this morning and the post was scheduled for publish at a specific time.

I got that, but my question was more like why did he post it an hour before market close? It seemed like he just, you know, had a casual lunch. Finished at 3:30PM ET and spent 15 minutes write the blog before posting it. I'm sure this was probably written and reviewed last night and again this morning and the post was schedule for publish at a specific time.

It was in jest that I said he did it for people like us. Although it might be true, might not, who knows? He has previously given hints in the past that only some picked up on. ie. hyper loop after 2 quarters of profitability.

Just saying... THIS GUY right here called it.

Hehe, show you card! You've seen mine. My loads of Weekly of $170 is the range of hundreds of calls, as usual.

I called the $170 bottom yesterday, and the $173 today.

bottom.jpg

So my first day trading options is to an end and I cannot be more happy. I picked up OctWk2 185 calls and now have a 62% gain. Also picked up Nov13 190 calls with a 12% gain so far. I'm not trying to gloat or anything, just want to share in my excitement and happiness. Thanks everyone for the contributions! Cheers and have a great weekend!

Thank you Elon! To show my appreciation, I bought 1,000 more shares after hours.

His response was excellent. Going into the weekend news cycle, the media now has the information they need to turn this fire into a net positive for TSLA. I would have liked this response a couple days ago, but that's water under the bridge now. Very glad they took care of this before the weekend.

I meant calling the blog post timing... not so much the price lol. I thought the bottom was 180 :(

Wish I followed your W2 Oct calls Kevin lol but my stomach isn't up to it.

I see. I were thinking you are AustinEV calling the channel bottom. The Elon piece is a gift but apparently didn't move the stock much.

Mine is Oct1 call expired today! I roll some of them to next week. The tally is $3.5->$11. 3X in the dollar range, not the cents range.

Today is the first time I did the minute-by-minute chart reading. I hope someone benefit from it. If you piece together the chart with my comments by timestamp (all on the record here), my percentage should be quite good. And I certainly once again put the money where my month is! :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Elon! To show my appreciation, I bought 1,000 more shares after hours.

His response was excellent. Going into the weekend news cycle, the media now has the information they need to turn this fire into a net positive for TSLA. I would have liked this response a couple days ago, but that's water under the bridge now. Very glad they took care of this before the weekend.

Sunnyday, you drive up the price. It is already $182+

So my first day trading options is to an end and I cannot be more happy. I picked up OctWk2 185 calls and now have a 62% gain. Also picked up Nov13 190 calls with a 12% gain so far. I'm not trying to gloat or anything, just want to share in my excitement and happiness. Thanks everyone for the contributions! Cheers and have a great weekend!

Hello Sunnyday.
I'm tempted to follow your lead. Do you see no downside to the govt. shutdown / debt ceiling volatility, or at least to the degree that it affects TSLA?

Glad I bought back my Dec 200s. Also for fun when it was at ~$179.50 I bought some OCT $165s. I don't plan to hold those long but was hoping Elon would say something over the weekend and I wanted to get some benefit of it on Monday rather than just get back to where I was. Looks like his blog came earlier than I expected!

My TSLA portfolio is also well above where it was when the stock was at ATH. Us dip-bears are very happy, short-term traders are very happy, and bulls are happy we are back in the channel and heading up again. It's a pity a Model S doesn't catch fire every week! ;-)

The week did end on an up note...but you might want to edit out the last sentence.

I was hoping for a positive response from Elon over the weekend and bought some Oct 11th calls about an hour before the close. I finally predicted something correctly! If we get a nice spike on Monday morning, is that the best time to sell these calls? I'm very new to options and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

My first week of options trading and so far so good (thanks to all of you on here for teaching me from knowledge-level ground zero by following this thread the last 3 months)!

On Wednesday after the fire news broke out I bought some short puts and sold them yesterday for 125% profit. Today I bought 40 Oct 4 180 calls when the stock was at 179.50 and sold them <1 hour later after reading Elon's blog when the stock was at 180.75ish for a 50% profit.

I've also picked up some Oct 11 170 calls and some Nov 180 calls with the proceeds from the profits from the shorts, and plan to get more over the next few weeks to position myself for the Q3 report.

I still realize my knowledge is very limited and am mostly going to be doing more conservative, long-term trading, but I thought I should share this with all of you since you are (unknowinghy of course) my options trading mentors!

Status
Not open for further replies.