Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Tesla offer a $5,000 Ludicrous Upgrade to move CPO P85D's ?

Should Tesla offer a $5,000 Ludicrous Upgrade to move CPO P85D's ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think Tesla should offer a Ludicrous Upgrade for an additional $5,000 on all the 31 CPO P85D's to get them sold?

This definitely would make them more attractive to buyers IMHO... especially the "unicorn" P85D's with the Plus Suspension. :cool:

If you agree Tweet or email Elon and/or Tesla Sales with this recommendation too.

Is Tesla intentionally removing the Ludicrous upgrade from all incoming P85DL CPO's? I noticed the CPO websites dont seem to list the L upgrade on any of the inventory. Surely you would think there are at least a few that had the upgrade.

I've read comments like somebody will order a CPO P85D and upon delivery, are pleasantly surprised to find the car comes with the L upgrade. Are they just not listing them properly?

I doubt Tesla would offer. Even 90 ludicrous batteries were getting limited because of the performance issues. I can imagine Ludicrous cars are causing the bigger portion of the drivetrain warranty repairs. And i don't think Tesla is making any profit on $5000 P85D Lud upgrade.

Reactions: brkaus
Do you think Tesla should offer a Ludicrous Upgrade for an additional $5,000 on all the 31 CPO P85D's to get them sold?

This definitely would make them more attractive to buyers IMHO... especially the "unicorn" P85D's with the Plus Suspension. :cool:

If you agree Tweet or email Elon and/or Tesla Sales with this recommendation too.

Apart from it being more trouble for Tesla than it is worth, I doubt it would make a meaningful difference for the sale of P85D cars. Looks like they have had about 60+ P85Ds sit on the CPO listings now for months with barely any movement and this is likely because they are overpriced than what the market will pay. Basically, anyone who wanted to buy a P85D at the current CPO prices have bought one.

I think the only thing that will move the current inventory of P85D vehicles is when they are priced around $60 to late-60s. A few are already there and that's likely the price range where they will start selling.

There's a nice CPO P85D that I saw for $68K.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H28EFP63992 | Tesla

I doubt it would make a meaningful difference for the sale of P85D cars. Basically, anyone who wanted to buy a P85D at the current CPO prices have bought one.

That's contrary to the comments several prospective buyers have made on the P85D's private seller postings. Repeatedly prospective P85D buyers ask "Does it have Ludicrous" and if it doesn't, comment they'd snatch it up if it did.

Also the fact that all the previous Tesla CPO P85DL's (with Ludicrous) sold quickly while theP85D's without Ludicrous languish seems to be an indicator.

Time will tell...

That being said, we drove our 2015
P85D with Insane for 29 months and loved it... and would buy a used P85D if were in the market for an awesome deal on a PXXD or XXD Tesla. I just love our P85D more now since our Ludicrous upgrade. :D

Only 11 out of 560 P85D CPOs sold had Ludicrous.
How did you come to this conclusion? I bought a CPOP P85D in October that had been upgraded to Ludicrous by the previous owner. It wasn’t listed on The tesla CPO website or on EV-CPO as having ludicrous, However I was able to confirm the upgrade via my sales advisor prior to purchase. As far as I know, that’s the only way to tell if the car is been upgraded. I imagine that many more than 11 CPO P85D’s have been sold. If I’m wrong then I’m one lucky tesla buyer

Reactions: BrokerDon
I imagine that many more than 11 CPO P85D’s have been sold. If I’m wrong then I’m one lucky tesla buyer

I'll rephrase my original post: Out of all 560 P85D CPOs sold, only 11 had the Ludicrous upgrade option code.

How did you come to this conclusion? I bought a CPOP P85D in October that had been upgraded to Ludicrous by the previous owner. It wasn’t listed on The tesla CPO website or on EV-CPO as having ludicrous, However I was able to confirm the upgrade via my sales advisor prior to purchase. As far as I know, that’s the only way to tell if the car is been upgraded.

It's not a conclusion, it's data directly from Tesla.

No new P85Ds ever left the factory with Ludicrous upgrade, so they are all after-the-fact upgrades. Yes, certainly some cars were upgraded and their option codes not corrected to indicate the upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
I just took delivery of the car in my signature, it was far less than what they are priced on the cpo website. YMMV but it's worth working with a CPO advisor!
amplified for emphasis to lurkers or new members. this is how you get the best deal on a CPO from Tesla, hands down.

OT: i doubt they would "upgrade" any of the P85D cars without getting another $5k. i've been wrong before though.

Reactions: HankLloydRight