Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Site no longer works]Got tired of using Tesla.com and EV-CPO to search inventory, so I built my own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a great idea. It requires me to make a list of all of the service centers and associate them with a state/region manually. I just haven’t taken the time to look through the list of locations and organize it. Eventually I will.

If you want to look for nearby locations by state, @EV-CPO has the upper hand. He has already organized his service centers by state so you can filter them by state.

Its going to be a little challenging. I think you best bet is to do it by region. I am already doing this in a quasi way with 10 different zips on 10 tabs on chrome concurrently. Most of the used M3s come out of 3 zips with a 200 mi range (Freemont, MDR, and Springfield)

East Coast (Use Springfield Zip)
West Coast (Use Seattle (NW), Freemont (CentralW) MDR (SW)
South East (Use Melbourne (SE)
South West (Use Scotsdale)

Last edited:
View attachment 454285

@garey

This data is very helpful and has most (and more) of the data I was interested in. I took the liberty of reformatting the columns and titles above for better readability. I wanted to keep the important cols on the main page without having to scroll.

Otherwise it looks great.

I would like to make a number of suggestions.

1) Can you reorder the order of columns as shown above

2) Change Header Odometer Miles title to “Miles/KM”

3) Change Header Href to “Link”

4) Capitalize 1st letter of title

5) Format Miles to number (9,999) format

6) Format Price to currency ($99,999) format

7) Add datetime column (B). This could be when the export occurred.

8) Location Unknown shortened to just “Unknown”

9) Autopilot and Full Self Driving shortened to AP , FSD

10) The wheels columns has data issue (shows as 18’’ Aero Wheels)

11) Add summary with statistics to end of file
View attachment 454286

What do you think ?

Good ideas here. I will do all of these except 1, 3, 4, 5, and 11.

I love that you're using the csv export, but if you need something more specific or would like something tailored to your needs, PM me. I'm more than happy to bill you for a custom piece of software that does all of this.

Its going to be a little challenging. I think you best bet is to do it by region. I am already doing this in a quasi way with 10 different zips on 10 tabs on chrome concurrently. Most of the used M3s come out of 3 zips with a 200 mi range (Freemont, MDR, and Springfield)

East Coast (Use Springfield Zip)
West Coast (Use Seattle (NW), Freemont (CentralW) MDR (SW)
South East (Use Melbourne (SE)
South West (Use Scotsdale)

There's a lot of room for error here. Using the tesla.com search (searching by zip) really limits you to vehicles that have been assigned to a specific pick-up location. The best-case scenario at the moment on my end is to assign the locations to a state and let the user select the states they are interested in. You have to call Tesla to find out if the vehicle is in your region. I remember when purchasing mine, they offered me a vehicle in South Carolina which was not listed in my 200 mile radius. You'll miss out on a lot of vehicles if you just search by zip code... unless you search ALL of them, which is what ev-cpo and I do. In fact, there are some vehicles that have no location that are for sale. Further, there are some vehicles not listed on their site that are available only by calling in. I found my vehicle by calling in ultimately. BUT the allure of watching the website is that Tesla has been known to make price mistakes on their inventory page and they occasionally have a decent used vehicle deal.

Would be really great if it could show the stealth M3's so I don't need to keep asking a sales associate to look for me.

Performance drivetrain without the performance package (upgraded brakes, spoiler, 20" wheels and don't forget the shiny pedals).

I like your site and I check it out from time to time in parallel with ev-cpo.

A small suggestion: can you put the last 6 VIN digits on each car's description after filters were applied?

Searching for a used S, I built my own short list which I keep checking and updating with info from Tesla but also from ev-cpo. It would be easier if specific cars, identified by the VIN would pop in view.

Yep, looks like he has moved on. It shows a single Model 3 used in the US(in NY), but there are 8 on EV-CPO, and only 45 Model S's(all in NY, CT) whereas EV-CPO has 254 in the US.

Maybe their recent change to location broke his search. I do not see where I have limited the search to the Eastern Seaboard.

Geesh, even EV-CPO isn't working for me now either. Here's the error message I get:

Error 1020 Ray ID: 53de3fae797ae7f1 • 2019-11-30 16:37:55 UTC
Access denied
What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Since when is just using a site called an "online attack?!?"
Is any one else getting this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.