Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What else can you see in the code dump which is not enabled nor activated? I'm not a coder, is the dump something you can share or post? And how do you extract it? Looks like I need to step up my game. :rolleyes:
There's a construction zone detection, for example.
Pedestrian detection, lane merges, oncoming traffic detection, left-right-blinker, stop light detection on cars in front of you.
Autohighbeam was there for ages, finally got enabled in 17.17.4.

Also I cannot share their code, unlike Tesla I am trying t o respect their rights, and besides if I do, I suspect they'll drop on me with their lawyers like a ton of bricks. It's only them that they think are above the law and can violate other people's copyrights ;)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oktane and Ulmo
Yes, still on 17.11.45 here with AP2. The wait is brutal. Judging by TeslaFi there's only a few of us left, but for some reason they have stopped the 17.17.17 update from going out widely with only 5 installs. 17.17.4 is on 82% of AP2 cars.

cool glad to know there's someone else in the same boat. I've rebooted my screen probably 10 times and rebooted router renamed router ssid deleted wifi settings all to no avail. I guess it will arrive when it arrives.

cool glad to know there's someone else in the same boat. I've rebooted my screen probably 10 times and rebooted router renamed router ssid deleted wifi settings all to no avail. I guess it will arrive when it arrives.
LOL I'm with you, I just upgraded my internet to FIOS Gigabit and my Wifi to a new Orbi mesh system. Even with all that overkill I still am parking my car this weekend right next to the house for strong wifi rather than the detached garage (where it still gets wifi but a little weaker signal). Ready to start chanting some mantras if it helps.

Pedestrian detection, lane merges, oncoming traffic detection, left-right-blinker, stop light detection on cars in front of you.

Also I cannot share their code, unlike Tesla I am trying t o respect their rights, and besides if I do, I suspect they'll drop on me with their lawyers like a ton of bricks. It's only them that they think are above the law and can violate other people's copyrights ;)

So... all of their code is unencrypted, plain text? That's scary! :rolleyes:

So... all of their code is unencrypted, plain text? That's scary! :rolleyes:

Their source code is definitely not public, if that's what you're thinking. It is one of Tesla's most valuable assets. What they are taking about here (I assume) is some symbol names that were found in the binary. Kind of like if you start taking apart a Tesla you'll see parts with labels on them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
..... ;)

Right now, a motorbike is detected if standing or running in the same lane, but a bike aka bicycle is not detected no matter where it is when the car is running.

FWIW I got my update immediately after a screen reboot, after many days of not getting it when others were. However, it was still rolling out to many others when I got mine, too, so hard to say if it was related.

on 17.17.4, last night on a rainy day, on a local road with posted speed limit of 40, auto pilot engaged with 45mph limit. all of a sudden, autopilot steered towards right curb while accelerating. everyone in the car panicked for a second, i was able to steer it back on time, before it could take us off road. reported event, hope they analyze further.