Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Letting autopilot go in a left turn lane at an intersection(don’t judge, I like testing it out to see what it’ll do), the behavior has changed. In <= 2018.6, it would silently fail to turn completely and start heading into the ooncoming traffic in front. Now, it sees what’s going on and throws up the red hands and gives up control. I’d consider the latter to be correct behavior, until FSD is available.

I've noticed the same. In 10.4, AP2 is much more willing to throw up the red-hands-of-doom alert. Arguably in the right situations. Before, it would just make an arbitrary decision hoping you'd take over.

I also agree that the current behavior is right -- when AP is pushed beyond its limits, I'd rather it recognize that it doesn't know what to do and angrily beep at a driver in case they've zoned out.

Reactions: ironwaffle
Anyone else “feel” like the NagNanny is coming more often with 10.4? It was so persistently quick I timed it. Once a minute on the clock:

30A38B08-4425-458D-ACD1-17E9AB40FDB8.png

If the page is teslainventory.com it tells me "webpage is not available". 2018.10.4. and 2017 MCU.

UI and web browser are both perhaps twice or more snappier than they used to be.

New audio eq setting limits beat me. I guess they are related to MCU update. Now my aftermarket setup has too much bass even with -8dB. I needed to take it to DSP tuning anyway, so quite lucky I did not do it before this update.
Thanks!

Can you try latimes.com? Does it give you a totally screwed up page or looks like normal website?

Could the change in EQ indicate that they have installed new types of speakers as well? No one have checked this as far as I know. It might be a stretch, but hey, who knows with Tesla updates. Information is not exactly given at a large scale...

Do I remember incorrectly or was the audio eq settings menu doing the adjustment after you apply the change on UI? Now the setting changes dynamically while e.g. moving balance around the cabin.

That's good to hear!! In 8.1 (or maybe 8.0) they had changed it so the audio only changed when you lifted your finger off the screen. If it's back to 'dynamic' now, that's a regression bug I approve of! :)

Got 10.4 last night and did a little driving today. Agree with the comments folks have made about this being a significant improvement.

The only comments that don't seem appropriate at this point, is that hill cresting is "fixed". It is most certainly NOT "fixed". It's definitely a lot better (call it, fixed in certain scenarios, maybe?). Still a high risk area for screw ups though.

I’ve been testing it out in a number of tough scenarios since I got it yesterday, one of the most impressive scenarios is that it was able to handle was a blind crest, at a traffic light with no road lines (within the intersection), with direct sunlight facing head-on, and smoothly move through it with no issue. Loving this release so far!

Reactions: bhzmark and EinSV