Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated last night to 2018.10.4 from 6.1 and quickly noticed a couple of things this morning for my Feb-17 Model S90:

1- definitely improved browser speed. Teslawaze was clearly better and faster. Maybe ATT popped up some more antennas in the area (doubtful), but there was a clear difference this morning.

2 - when there was a city bus in front of me, the dashboard showed two cars close together as if it were "seeing" ahead of the car in front of me?. I hadn't noticed this before.

Updated last night to 2018.10.4 from 6.1 and quickly noticed a couple of things this morning for my Feb-17 Model S90:

1- definitely improved browser speed. Teslawaze was clearly better and faster. Maybe ATT popped up some more antennas in the area (doubtful), but there was a clear difference this morning.

2 - when there was a city bus in front of me, the dashboard showed two cars close together as if it were "seeing" ahead of the car in front of me?. I hadn't noticed this before.

It has done 2 for quite a while :)

I got 2018.10.4 this morning and must say the AP appears much better, drove for 2 miles on a 2 lane country road with only centrelines and the car was fine, very smooth. Another thing I noticed is that the TACC automatically changed speed as the speed limits changed. I haven't noticed it doing that before. Very impressive.
2018.6.1 broke my automatic headlights and wipers, lights on all the time and wipers reverted back to 2 stage intermittent, 10.4 has fixed this. Perhaps the rollout of 10.4 is prioritised to those cars that were affected by 6.1

So this is a quick video of my screen with 10.4. Excuse my clumsy fingers half way through, you actually have to click on the links (not above or below) for them to work (doh!). You can see the volume scroll (that for me was always slow) and the map zoom etc are pretty quick (but could be quicker). Jut to note the map image load on zoom out is due to me being in a poor signal area, not the MCU.

I got 2018.10.4 this morning and must say the AP appears much better, drove for 2 miles on a 2 lane country road with only centrelines and the car was fine, very smooth. Another thing I noticed is that the TACC automatically changed speed as the speed limits changed. I haven't noticed it doing that before. Very impressive.
2018.6.1 broke my automatic headlights and wipers, lights on all the time and wipers reverted back to 2 stage intermittent, 10.4 has fixed this. Perhaps the rollout of 10.4 is prioritised to those cars that were affected by 6.1

Are you saying TACC is automatically changing speed? Or did you mean autosteer? As with autosteer on it has done that for a while now.

View attachment 286565 Been hearing reports on Facebook that even with the “older” pre March 2018 MCU hardware, the browser and UI and dramatically faster! Can anyone who got this update confirm that? Browser usable? Can it load pages it previously wouldn’t load??

I can confirm this being true. Just updated my car and pushed buttons really quickly to test responsiveness and i dunno if it’s a placebo effect or if it really is quicker but it feels way quicker than before.

Maps loads up faster too.

Not as silky as an iPhone yet. But an improvement and step in the right direction.

I can confirm this being true. Just updated my car and pushed buttons really quickly to test responsiveness and i dunno if it’s a placebo effect or if it really is quicker but it feels way quicker than before.

Maps loads up faster too.

Not as silky as an iPhone yet. But an improvement and step in the right direction.

Thanks!! And how about web browser? Will it let you load gmail or outlook email, for instance? Browser speed upgrades?

My car has always changed speed with the road but not above the speed where TACC was engaged. So if I was doing 30 when it was engaged and then i go into a 40 it will stay at 30. If i was doing 40 and went into a 30 it will slow down then speed back up when going back to 40. It also slows down for roundabouts nicely with TACC only, but doesn't slow down at all when on autosteer.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
So this is a quick video of my screen with 10.4. Excuse my clumsy fingers half way through, you actually have to click on the links (not above or below) for them to work (doh!). You can see the volume scroll (that for me was always slow) and the map zoom etc are pretty quick (but could be quicker). Jut to note the map image load on zoom out is due to me being in a poor signal area, not the MCU.

WOW, seems to be much faster than before! Almost looks the same as in videos we have been seeing for the MCU2 hardware!
Thanks for posting!!