Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.1 7d0461c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted this on Facebook

38760925_10160811392575381_8459055951964536832_o.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Actual maps package is pretty big more then 400m
Okay, spooky. I got into the car the next morning and it popped up with the "what's new in this update" message without ever prompting me to install a new version - and it installed the same .26 version. This has happened to a number of us here in .au. I suspect it's just to deploy the new navigation which some people have been getting, though I don't have it (or the maps) yet.

Maps download happens separately from the firmware. Once downloaded they are mounted and gets swapped with existing maps, MCU is rebooted then you will see software update window with new maps available.

Actual maps package is pretty big more then 400m

Maps download happens separately from the firmware. Once downloaded they are mounted and gets swapped with existing maps, MCU is rebooted then you will see software update window with new maps available.
Yeah I'm aware the maps are much bigger, it's just curious that it seemed to redownload the same firmware and reinstall it without asking me... I was postulating that doing so was some kind of preparation before actually downloading the maps.

Okay, spooky. I got into the car the next morning and it popped up with the "what's new in this update" message without ever prompting me to install a new version - and it installed the same .26 version. This has happened to a number of us here in .au. I suspect it's just to deploy the new navigation which some people have been getting, though I don't have it (or the maps) yet.
Sure enough, the mystery is solved - my instrument cluster now shows the new navigation mechanism - and it stopped making the regular mistake near my house that it always used to. However, the centre display maps look no different.

Just pointing out that my
Sure enough, the mystery is solved - my instrument cluster now shows the new navigation mechanism - and it stopped making the regular mistake near my house that it always used to. However, the centre display maps look no different.

Brilliant! Do you like the look of the new maps? I find the movement super fluid and quite hypnotic. I was going to suggest that you bath the car, and inflate the tyres just to see if that would get things moving but no need it seems!

The center maps are from Google, not impacted by the onboard nav system, which is what you have seen updated.

Brilliant! Do you like the look of the new maps? I find the movement super fluid and quite hypnotic. I was going to suggest that you bath the car, and inflate the tyres just to see if that would get things moving but no need it seems!

The center maps are from Google, not impacted by the onboard nav system, which is what you have seen updated.
Actually so far I'm quite impressed. It routed me around roadworks near my house as well, despite there not being any red marks on the main map suggesting traffic. The fluidity is indeed hypnotic, good way to describe it. It was well overdue! The nav was basically useless previously, with me keeping an old Tomtom in the centre console instead!

Actually so far I'm quite impressed. It routed me around roadworks near my house as well, despite there not being any red marks on the main map suggesting traffic. The fluidity is indeed hypnotic, good way to describe it. It was well overdue! The nav was basically useless previously, with me keeping an old Tomtom in the centre console instead!

A few points noticed by U.K. owners:

Turn warnings are delivered in feet not yards. Specifically, ‘in 1000 feet ‘ and ‘in 500 feet’.

The exit on a roundabout can be shown correctly on the map but announced incorrectly, e.g. ‘take the third exit’ when the map correctly shows the second.

The map traffic on the MCU doesn’t seem to update well, it needs a toggle on/off from the traffic icon.

• Informative
Reactions: I.a.n and conman
A few points noticed by U.K. owners:

Turn warnings are delivered in feet not yards. Specifically, ‘in 1000 feet ‘ and ‘in 500 feet’.

The exit on a roundabout can be shown correctly on the map but announced incorrectly, e.g. ‘take the third exit’ when the map correctly shows the second.

The map traffic on the MCU doesn’t seem to update well, it needs a toggle on/off from the traffic icon.
We're all metric so we won't have that issue... and I never have the audible instructions on either so I REALLY won't have that problem :p Thanks for the heads up though. I've been watching all of North America get new navigation and frustrated here... I hope the same doesn't happen when(ever) FSD finally starts dropping. The suspense will kill me. Government regulation indeed :eek:

Glad you guys finally got it. These maps in the USA have been downright magical. Before it really was like having a 1990's TomTom -- the instructions were laughable. But now, I find it just as good as Google Maps. I really don't use my smartphone for navigation anymore...

Reactions: conman
Glad you guys finally got it. These maps in the USA have been downright magical. Before it really was like having a 1990's TomTom -- the instructions were laughable. But now, I find it just as good as Google Maps. I really don't use my smartphone for navigation anymore...
Damnit you make me want to go out for a pointless drive somewhere just to try it out! I thought I was over that stage with my car D:

• Funny
Reactions: chillaban
My 2013 P85 was updated to this version at the service center on Tuesday. Unfortunately, since the update my instrument cluster goes dark and reboots multiple times per day. It's very annoying. This only started happening after the update. Is anyone else seeing this?

There was nothing regarding speed limit mode in my release notes. Perhaps it does not apply to 2013 models.