Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm still not fully calibrated, after another 30 ish miles of driving, but my understanding is you don't need to be fully calibrated for it to work, but I can't get it to work, so might need to find .1 in the wild and retest.

Reminds me of my first experience after getting the car. Picked up my S Dec 30, 2016. Got the update with first Autopilot features Dec 31, 2016. Immediately got the message that cameras had to calibrate, with any form of cruise control removed. Jan 1, 2017 drove 300 miles back home with no cruise control. Stayed like that until the next update, ~3 weeks later.

Good times.

Reactions: GSP and MIT_S60
Reminds me of my first experience after getting the car. Picked up my S Dec 30, 2016. Got the update with first Autopilot features Dec 31, 2016. Immediately got the message that cameras had to calibrate, with any form of cruise control removed. Jan 1, 2017 drove 300 miles back home with no cruise control. Stayed like that until the next update, ~3 weeks later.

Good times.
I think you would've had regular cruise control but not TACC. I got my car on 12/7/16 and by then it already had old fashioned cruise control. I do know there were some cars delivered in November 2016 that didn't even have that but it was only for a couple weeks, I thought.

Do you have any details to share on that? It seems like you understand these maps. Can you tell which roads allows Navigate on Nav? Is the whole of the US mapped in some special way? Could this quickly start working in Europe as well for example? I don't even understand how they got the car to know which lane it is in in a five lane road. GPS? Vision currently shows 3 lanes, the screenshots of V9 I have seen show 5! Sorry for all the questions.

Reactions: fmonera
I think you would've had regular cruise control but not TACC. I got my car on 12/7/16 and by then it already had old fashioned cruise control. I do know there were some cars delivered in November 2016 that didn't even have that but it was only for a couple weeks, I thought.

Nope, even basic cruise was gone. The car was delivered with basic CC, but after getting the update even that disappeared with the camera calibration message. That would have been OK if it only lasted the ~15 minutes of driving it was supposed to take. Just didn't go that way.

Nope, even basic cruise was gone. The car was delivered with basic CC, but after getting the update even that disappeared with the camera calibration message. That would have been OK if it only lasted the ~15 minutes of driving it was supposed to take. Just didn't go that way.
I do remember now how a lot of people got stuck on calibrating the cameras. Hopefully that won't be the case with v9.0 when it is released.

Do you have any details to share on that? It seems like you understand these maps. Can you tell which roads allows Navigate on Nav? Is the whole of the US mapped in some special way? Could this quickly start working in Europe as well for example? I don't even understand how they got the car to know which lane it is in in a five lane road. GPS? Vision currently shows 3 lanes, the screenshots of V9 I have seen show 5! Sorry for all the questions.
For the US there is a new maps version that was released this September. For Europe, the latest one is from April...
That's all I can see, I can't really tell apart Drive on Nav capable versions based on the files just yet, but I doubt that the EU one has the necessary parts