Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen 5 so far
Awesome, thanks.

What do these dark grey lines represent? Cars approaching in non-adjacent lanes?
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 8.17.50 PM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I thought the grey lines were the path that it is thinking about/wanting to take, vs. the blue line that is the path that it is currently taking. That is why right before a lane change you see the grey line showing the new lane change path.

Makes sense. This example has the grey line two lanes over and the video cuts to a new clip before the car changes lanes. Would have been interesting to watch the car change two or three lanes.

Very possible they dont have the bandwidth to make the car drive defensively yet. I also suspect it's a culture thing with Tesla. They make fast cars and tend to implement software features that appeal to more aggressive drivers who are probably the bigger customer base.

I remember complaining early on about the fact you cant set a 3's cruise control to anything less than the speed limit without unwanted acceleration and frantic clicking on the screen (and now scrolling on the wheel) and people were like "why would anyone ever want to set cruise less than the speed limit!?" It would have been easy enough to make the default behavior set your current speed always (and arguably the more conservative way to go to not surprise folks with acceleration when turning on cruise), but that wasn't how they chose to do it.
I believe that this is possible if you pull the stalk to the first position instead of all way down.

Which is crazy because we're out here salivating at the thought of trying anything and would happily do it for free...
OK maybe you would, but not me. I'd want a lot more than they are getting. I hope they are getting life insurance with that. I don't even want the V9 when it comes out. I'll let everyone else work out the bugs. I plan to ignore the update.