Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS with AP2 on 32.4 here. Car just downloaded 5.4Gb last night. No notifications on screen this morning. Assuming this is a new maps download. I've heard there is typically a notification when new maps are installed. Does it take time after download to process the maps before the notification is presented?
It appears they are no longer showing a message when the maps are updated. I received two updates of the maps in the past, in 12/2016 and 4/2018. Both of those updates notified me that the maps had been updated. We got the maps on all 4 cars over the past week and none of them displayed a notification.

I know almost nothing about Teslafi other than glancing at stats. Do they provide other services that you appreciate?
Besides logging all the driving stats, it also logs all the charging sessions. It will estimate the charging efficiency and also any degradation of the battery.

It can send the same remote commands that the app can do, such as start charging and unlock doors. In addition, those commands can be scheduled (which can't do with the app).

I’m just a data nerd, but I’d drop them like a bad habit if I got an invite. Lol

And Pale, you should not be faulted for grabbing the invitation if you are apparently forced to make the choice.

The problem is the "exclusive club" that makes you so wanting to be a part of it you would give up data as a "data nerd" to be included.

I live on data also even though TeslaFi has never intrigued me beyond the free data. The whole nonsense here is the new tier of customers created by this exclusive club.

Besides logging all the driving stats, it also logs all the charging sessions. It will estimate the charging efficiency and also any degradation of the battery.

It can send the same remote commands that the app can do, such as start charging and unlock doors. In addition, those commands can be scheduled (which can't do with the app).

Ok...I see why you like the features.

Screenshot_20181004-172457_Google Wifi.jpg Also how do you know if your maps are updated or not? 12gigs but no new map screen.

Skeptical but hopeful for anything new. Serious question: Diplomat or anyone with inside info: WHO do you think V9 will be ready for? Given that there seems to be some people posting that it may only be for AP 2.5 not 2.0?

Ugh let's not speculate like this in the 9.0 thread and then generate 25 pages of turmoil.

Most of the videos we've seen have been generated on AP2.0 Teslas. Elon has said HW2 and above in previous communications. I don't think there's any reason to expect v9's Autopilot related functionality to be constrained to APE2.5

Be prepared for the skeptics to come here and remind us that "almost ready" in Elon-speak means 6-12 months.

The last time Elon publicly told us that a release was a week away, and then told us they released to 1,000 people instead of everyone, it was 3 more weeks before the general population got it. (AP2 first release, January 2016).

So 3 weeks wouldn't be skeptical, it would be historical

Ugh let's not speculate like this in the 9.0 thread and then generate 25 pages of turmoil.

Most of the videos we've seen have been generated on AP2.0 Teslas. Elon has said HW2 and above in previous communications. I don't think there's any reason to expect v9's Autopilot related functionality to be constrained to APE2.5

That is reassuring. Thanks. Do you know if the videos were of hacked cars?

That is reassuring. Thanks. Do you know if the videos were of hacked cars?

All of the videos so far are from rooted cars. But note that the release notes separate out dashcam as AP2.5 features (so they don't display on AP2.0), but don't do that for Drive On Navigation or any of the other Autopilot changes.

So, unless we hear otherwise, I think AP2.0 people are in good shape :)