Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My problem is that I want the AC to turn on and it seems like it's using the heater. With the new HVAC display I can't tell if the heater is on or not. On the old display the background is orange when the heater is on.
Isn’t that determined by the cabin temperature? Eg, If interior is 72 and you select 67 degrees it needs to turn AC on. If you set temperature at 77 then heater would turn on.

Isn’t that determined by the cabin temperature? Eg, If interior is 72 and you select 67 degrees it needs to turn AC on. If you set temperature at 77 then heater would turn on.
Yes it is. But unless I open up the app, I have no idea what the cabin temperature is. There are many times when the cabin temperature is very close to what I set the AC at. I would like to know if the heat is on so I can lower the temperature. Either that or add the cabin temperature on the screen.

Well, color me impressed. There is a 'trouble spot' on my daily commute that AP v8 had failed the handful of times I had tried it. All of the failures resulted in AP alerting me to take over.

This morning I tried v9 on that exit ramp and it worked. There was a bit of jerkiness in the steering as AP navigated the turn but I did not have to (or feel that I needed to) take over at any time. I'll keep trying this with v9 to see if the turn adjustments get any smoother. For those not familiar with the area, this is I676W exiting to I76E in Philly (entering from right in this image). It is a very tight turn with barriers on both sides.
View attachment 345174

And here is the dashcam video of that drive.