Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me the autowipers have gone from barely functioning in 34.1 to completely non-functioning in 42.2
I agree, in 42.2 when driving in a mist or slow drizzle, the autowipers do not clear the window anywhere close to often enough. This morning I found myself hitting the manual wipe constantly during my commute. At this point, I'd rather just have manual intermittent settings if they can't get this to work better.

Reactions: Hank42
I agree, in 42.2 when driving in a mist or slow drizzle, the autowipers do not clear the window anywhere close to often enough. This morning I found myself hitting the manual wipe constantly during my commute. At this point, I'd rather just have manual intermittent settings if they can't get this to work better.

Already switched mine over to manual. Takes me back down the memory lane, ya know, having to do that.

Well, have you tried the acceleration limiter? It seems to me it works the similar way as the emergency braking. Just in a very limited scenarios and in a very limited way. From what I've seen the Eyesight from Subaru can do, Tesla is unfortunately nowhere near with these safety features. And vice versa with autosteer....

I haven't been brave enough to test it. I have heard that the Subaru version of this is pretty amazing. I'm not going to rely on the feature, but if, hypothetically, it actually worked, it would be a nice feature. I'd like to see some people set up some cardboard-box-coved-in-tin-foil tests of the feature. Or it would be nice if, you know, Tesla had already done that and released some videos -- I guess lack of videos from Tesla suggests that the feature isn't all that great.

Yes - also on 42.3 and no NoA (and not in the release notes either for 42.2 or 42.3 for me). Contact service if you've not already done so. Chances are you're maps are not updated to the latest. I've got an appointment at the local SC tomorrow morning for them to manually update the maps since they've not been able to do so OTA (WiFi).

Will do. I'll give support a call to see. Post an update here if your appointment fixed the problem.

Well, have you tried the acceleration limiter? It seems to me it works the similar way as the emergency braking. Just in a very limited scenarios and in a very limited way. From what I've seen the Eyesight from Subaru can do, Tesla is unfortunately nowhere near with these safety features. And vice versa with autosteer....
I would hope Erik and David (or some other enterprising YouTube folks) could make a radar-reflecting net or something that you could accelerate 'through' without damaging the car. I'm not sure I even want to ram a tower of cardbox boxes... :D

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Important Update: For those who have the latest version, are located in The U.S and still do not have NOA. Most likely it’s a maps issue.

I called support, they checked my car and mentioned that the latest maps were not even sent to my car in the first place for some weird reason. It wasn’t that my car failed to download the maps, they weren’t even sent to me. So they escalated to regional support to push the latest maps to my car. They said it could be anywhere from 24-72 hours to complete.

Service Centers are able to push those map updates as well if you don’t feel like waiting up to 3 days.

I've noticed a lot of interesting Climate Control behavior lately:
1) the recirculation turns off randomly after a few days when the system is in Auto
2) a few times it appeared the fan was running at a different speed than shown... higher and lower than the display showed
3) noticed once the fan was running very high (lots of noise), but very little air was coming out of any vents... as if they where all closed

#2 and 3 only seem to happen when the outside temp was high 90s or hotter.

Maybe this is what Elon warned us about -- the A.I. is taking over :eek:

Yes, I had all of these happen in addition to getting no heat unless I turn it all the way up.

I have less than 2000 miles on my MX and a week or so after V9 update, I have the heat issue that others have already mentioned, but today I also have a new issue pop up that I am not sure is V9 related or not - when I apply the brakes, 6 out of 10 times, I hear a loud "whistle" kind of sound. I don't want to say squeaky because it doesn't exactly sound like it, but this is certainly not normal. Does anyone know what this might be?

The strangest thing that has happened to me with 2018.42 is that I was happily driving along and suddenly the air conditioning came on at 70 degrees with the fan when it was already about that same temperature in the car. I turned it off. About 10 minutes later it happened again :confused:

I'm coming back to comment on my own posting because I discovered today as to why this was happening. Not a problem with the car. Maybe we call it operator error, but sure is new to me since it never happened in the last 2 years of driving the car.

I noticed that I accidentally nudged the right scroll wheel while I was driving and it turned on the AC. Apparently, that scroll wheel was in a mode to allow changing the temperature of the AC when scrolled. I see the on wheel menu button allows changing the default to do such a thing (change AC temperature or fan). Problem is that I never changed it as I want that scroll wheel to default to selecting contacts from my phone. Now I am wondering if a recent software update defaulted it to that mode.

I see a couple other people are noticing similar strange AC fan or temperature changes that they can't explain and I am wondering if it is the same issue.