Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe how behind the software updates are. They used to be every 2 weeks for at least a small release, and we're not all on 4-6 week old software. That's pretty unusual. We should be seeing at least a 2019.2 or so by now...
Actually what we see now is a lot more sane/normal. The pace we've seen earlier means there is no way they have quality assured it before ship, or that they are simply using the releases just to test new stuff on a limited set if users to gather data back.

Actually what we see now is a lot more sane/normal. The pace we've seen earlier means there is no way they have quality assured it before ship, or that they are simply using the releases just to test new stuff on a limited set if users to gather data back.
I think the recent frequent releases has been more about continually putting out spotfires with the V9 release which brought with it many... MANY new bugs along with its new features. A few less frequent truly stable releases with nothing but bugfixes right now would be most welcome.

I think the recent frequent releases has been more about continually putting out spotfires with the V9 release which brought with it many... MANY new bugs along with its new features. A few less frequent truly stable releases with nothing but bugfixes right now would be most welcome.

I kinda like looking forward to new features. As long as there are different waves and releases, and they can manage them, I don't really see a problem with releasing every 2 weeks. Now if they were going straight from developer's desk to production vehicles, that's a different story, but I don't think they were.

As promised... Here are all the notes from 2018.49.20
Doesn’t look like anything new...

692FB089-27D5-49FB-A10A-8065ECC54ECF.jpeg

E03E9CFB-A08B-4B1C-B912-EF543619D479.jpeg

589046D6-F74C-4056-ABC3-D87B7834506A.jpeg