Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone SE. I normally have no problem opening the door even if it just locked a moment ago. Except that on rare occasions it does not unlock and I have to use the key card. And on other rare occasions it unlocks but demands the key card to drive. Sometimes it demands the key card to unlock but not to drive.

But most of the time the phone works.

On the most recent firmware version before this one (I think that was 28.1) the phone would unlock the car ONLY if I opened the driver's door before trying any other door. If I tried any other door, then the driver's door would not open and I had to unlock the car with the key card. And the phone, which otherwise unlocked the car, would not connect to the audio system. But both those problems went away with the current version (32.2)

Major bummer...900 mile Coast Hwy trip to Big Sur in three weeks. "Missed it by that much!" Too bad we can't delay the start of the trial period. It'll be a great drive regardless but would have been a real test for Autopilot. Can't justify paying the asking price so this will be our only experience.
Drove nearly 400 miles along US East coast this afternoon & evening. Trip was far easier and safer with EAP. It has continually improved in the 10 months we’ve owned the S100D.

Car received update during annual service Thursday. Used EAP for nearly every highway mile, including two-lane roadways. Very few times when I over-rode or cancelled it. Many times I was grateful for it - narrow lanes in construction zones, stop & go traffic, instants when I glanced away from the road...

EAP, and eventual FSD convinced me the Tesla was a wise purchase. No regrets.

Others have commented that in one of the updates that you apparently skipped over, they reduced the torque to bring it in line with the published 5.1 seconds 0-60. Previously it felt more like 4.0 or 4.5 seconds. I cannot prove this, but I think that previously it was much quicker than advertised, and now it's closer to the published number. It's disappointing, but if it now matches the figure they've always stated, we can't really complain.

It's an imaginary claim thusfar utterly unsupported by any actual evidence.

IIRC one of the tuner folks (MPP maybe?) actually dynoed a RWD 3 before and after the supposed firmware nerf and found no substantive performance difference.

Drove nearly 400 miles along US East coast this afternoon & evening. Trip was far easier and safer with EAP. It has continually improved in the 10 months we’ve owned the S100D.

Car received update during annual service Thursday. Used EAP for nearly every highway mile, including two-lane roadways. Very few times when I over-rode or cancelled it. Many times I was grateful for it - narrow lanes in construction zones, stop & go traffic, instants when I glanced away from the road...

EAP, and eventual FSD convinced me the Tesla was a wise purchase. No regrets.

I'm still scared to use autosteer in construction zones where traffic cones make the lane more narrow than the painted lines, or where the cones direct cars away from the painted lines. Do you find that it can see the cones and they over-ride the painted lines?

It's an imaginary claim thusfar utterly unsupported by any actual evidence.

IIRC one of the tuner folks (MPP maybe?) actually dynoed a RWD 3 before and after the supposed firmware nerf and found no substantive performance difference.

Thank you. That's good to know. It feels slower to me than it did before. It really felt almost as quick as the Roadster before. But I'm aware that perceptions can be deceptive.

Do you find that it can see the cones and they over-ride the painted lines?

My S100D with AP2.5 hw and 2018.28.5 sw definitely does not see traffic cones, how I know being fully explained in another post I made today: Phantom braking, etc. overflow from 2018.32.2 thread

In my general experience of driving this car 10,000 km over 2 months, usage of AP in any construction zone is a severe hazard and should only be attempted with extreme vigilance.

I was not aware that in the 3 you have to press the brake pedal (along with the two buttons) to do a full reboot. That is not the case with the S/X.
It’s not the case with the 3 either. Actually the brake press thing was first reported with the S/X several years ago. I think it’s an urban legend regardless of Tesla model.

By the way everyone please remember to add your update to the firmware tracker www.ev-fw.com

After updating to 2018.32.2 I noticed that the visualization of the car on the touchscreen shows the position of the car relative to the lines marking the lane in which I'm driving. Was this happening with earlier versions without me noticing it?

My S100D with AP2.5 hw and 2018.28.5 sw definitely does not see traffic cones, how I know being fully explained in another post I made today: Phantom braking, etc. overflow from 2018.32.2 thread

In my general experience of driving this car 10,000 km over 2 months, usage of AP in any construction zone is a severe hazard and should only be attempted with extreme vigilance.

After getting 32.2 in my 3, I have driven once in area with comes and it properly avoided hitting those cones and merged me automatically into next Lane.

I'm still scared to use autosteer in construction zones where traffic cones make the lane more narrow than the painted lines, or where the cones direct cars away from the painted lines. Do you find that it can see the cones and they over-ride the painted lines?
Misunderstanding. I use EAP in highway construction zones with Jersey Barriers. Car can find the lane limits. Can’t think of a time I’ve tried EAP with cones.

Reactions: daniel
After updating to 2018.32.2 I noticed that the visualization of the car on the touchscreen shows the position of the car relative to the lines marking the lane in which I'm driving. Was this happening with earlier versions without me noticing it?

Definitely yes. It was showing position on my long trip to Canada, which was pre-32.2.

FWIW it also shows position of cars ahead in the next lane over with respect to their lanes, and often shows them wrong! It frequently shows those cars as very near or on the line when they're actually well centered within their lane.

Misunderstanding. I use EAP in highway construction zones with Jersey Barriers. Car can find the lane limits. Can’t think of a time I’ve tried EAP with cones.

Thanks.