Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 32.2 last night and saw a small issue.

On the on-screen vehicle showing the brake light. My left brake light is "dim" compared to the right. I did a reboot and it still didn't fix this issue.

If I turn on the parking lights they light up just fine. I think it's software related and will contact service later today.

View attachment 328475

I have the same issue after installing the 32.2 update. My car is also pearl white. What’s the best way to report these bugs to Tesla?

Reactions: CCWgr
I noticed the supercharger pricing details in my car yesterday. Previously I remember the voltage, stalls available, and amenities- but never the pricing. Is this new or did I just never notice previously?

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.24.45 AM.png

I noticed a big change in 32.2, at least for me. My M3 upgraded recently from 28.1 and 24.8 at delivery. With all versions, Summon was available and I used it, including the feature to open/close the garage door with HomeLink. In 24.8 and 28.1, Summon would always issue a HomeLink command prior to moving the car thereby either opening the garage door if it was closed, or closing it if it was open. This is not desireable. If my garage door was open and I Summon’d the car out, it would first issue the HomeLink command, the door would close and the car would try to exit. Not a good scenario. Similarly, had the same issue trying to park the car.

With 32.2, Summon seems capable of seeing if the garage door is open or closed and then will issue the HomeLink command only if necessary. Big, big improvement in my mind.

Unfortunately in 32.2, my connection to the car to actually initiate Summon has gotten worse, and it was much better in 28.1. Yesterday it took four tries to get the driver door unlocked, something that has always worked first try. Of 22 Summon attempts, only 5 worked and 3 of those lost connectivity during the car’s movement stopping everything. On one of those tries, the car stopped half in and half out of the garage so not blocking the garage door safety sensors. If the car or something else had triggered the garage door, it would have come down on the glass roof. Fortunately I was standing near the safety sensors and I was prepared to put my foot in front of them should this happen during my Summon testing.

Still need huge connectivity improvements to install faith in the Summon process end-to-end.

Thanks to other posters who have made suggestions as to smartphone settings, but even set “properly” my connectivity remains iffy. What I really don’t understand is the conflict over whether the vehicle is connected or not. For example, on my phone’s Bluetooth list, the “Tesla Model 3” shows connected. In the Tesla app, the PHONE KEY shows connected. When I try to Summon, the Tesla app shows NOT connected as asks me to reconnect. If I turn off and then back on the phone’s Bluetooth service, this may or may not work for Summon, usually not. Frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: chinnam3
I noticed a big change in 32.2, at least for me. My M3 upgraded recently from 28.1 and 24.8 at delivery. With all versions, Summon was available and I used it, including the feature to open/close the garage door with HomeLink. In 24.8 and 28.1, Summon would always issue a HomeLink command prior to moving the car thereby either opening the garage door if it was closed, or closing it if it was open. This is not desireable. If my garage door was open and I Summon’d the car out, it would first issue the HomeLink command, the door would close and the car would try to exit. Not a good scenario. Similarly, had the same issue trying to park the car.

With 32.2, Summon seems capable of seeing if the garage door is open or closed and then will issue the HomeLink command only if necessary. Big, big improvement in my mind.

I think they have been a coincidence. HomeLink doesn't know if a garage is opened or closed (nor is there a different signal sent out for open vs close).

In the controls menu for Summon (Controls > Autopilot > Summon), there is an on/off option for Use Auto HomeLink. I would recommend having that to off and you can manually open through Summon if the garage is closed.

How?

Aren't most garage doors still one-way communication?
Yes, but the Model 3 has a radar on the front and 12 ultrasonic sensors on the front and back, 6 on each. And there are 8 cameras to boot. I’m guessing using one or more of these sensors that the car can now determine whether or not to send the HomeLink command.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Yes, but the Model 3 has a radar on the front and 12 ultrasonic sensors on the front and back, 6 on each. And there are 8 cameras to boot. I’m guessing using one or more of these sensors that the car can now determine whether or not to send the HomeLink command.

Which one, and how?

The cameras? It can't recognize a stopped fire truck yet, I doubt it can tell what a garage door is.

Radar isn't a bad possibility... except how does it know the difference between the back wall of your garage (which the radar will see if the door is open) and a closed garage door? (obviously more an issue on entry than exit)- not to mention it means it'd only work in one direction (ie it can't back out with summon since there's no rear radar to check the door)

The ultrasonics are VERY short range- I suppose that COULD work to open it if it did something like constantly during summon checking "does there appear to be something blocks ALL sensors in the direction I'm moving? If so send "open door" command and then check if the something goes away"

But how does it know when to CLOSE it with those sensors? It can't possibly use them to tell when it's "beyond" the open door gap.

Which one, and how?

The cameras? It can't recognize a stopped fire truck yet, I doubt it can tell what a garage door is.

Radar isn't a bad possibility... except how does it know the difference between the back wall of your garage (which the radar will see if the door is open) and a closed garage door? (obviously more an issue on entry than exit)- not to mention it means it'd only work in one direction (ie it can't back out with summon since there's no rear radar to check the door)

The ultrasonics are VERY short range- I suppose that COULD work to open it if it did something like constantly during summon checking "does there appear to be something blocks ALL sensors in the direction I'm moving? If so send "open door" command and then check if the something goes away"

But how does it know when to CLOSE it with those sensors? It can't possibly use them to tell when it's "beyond" the open door gap.
MyQ would be ideal as that can tell you if the door is open or not.

is it just me or do the navigation instructions now have a little volume control symbol at the top so you can mute the Nav?
Well, I know it can used to mute the nav (I've tested it), just can't remember if it was there before or not. :)

Me, too. Absolutely worth it. Of course that's an individual consideration that depends partly on your finances. I don't expect to pay for the FSD package, but could change my mind depending on what it includes. I will definitely buy a full FSD car when it becomes available. I just don't expect the 2018 Model 3 to become full FSD any time soon.

Yep but the FSD package will get you the computer upgrade. I'm wondering if that will make the difference

Yep but the FSD package will get you the computer upgrade. I'm wondering if that will make the difference

They say that ALL cars will have ALL the hardware needed for FSD. So I have a lot of questions: Do we all get the new computer, or only those who pay for FSD? Will the new computer improve performance on EAP cars, or will it only make a difference on the software that will include the FSD-only features? And my biggest question: What features will FSD-package cars get that EAP cars do not get over the course of the next year or so? (Because they're clearly not going to be FSD. But apparently they're going to get features EAP cars don't get.) Oh, and also, will they raise the price of adding FSD after the original purchase, to pay for the new computer. Because they're under no obligation to keep the add-it-later price the same, just as they're under no obligation to keep the price of the car the same for future orders.

They say that ALL cars will have ALL the hardware needed for FSD. So I have a lot of questions: Do we all get the new computer, or only those who pay for FSD? Will the new computer improve performance on EAP cars, or will it only make a difference on the software that will include the FSD-only features? And my biggest question: What features will FSD-package cars get that EAP cars do not get over the course of the next year or so? (Because they're clearly not going to be FSD. But apparently they're going to get features EAP cars don't get.) Oh, and also, will they raise the price of adding FSD after the original purchase, to pay for the new computer. Because they're under no obligation to keep the add-it-later price the same, just as they're under no obligation to keep the price of the car the same for future orders.

My expectation is any "new" cars built after the new computer is in production will come with the new computer regardless of ordering FSD or not (to simplify manufacturing)

Any "old" cars already built with AP2/2.5 will get the new computer swapped in free if they paid for FSD, and if not you keep the old computer since it works fine for EAP already.

Did you see if the actual light on the car is dimmer?

I have the same issue, I posted about this a few pages back with screenshot but the actual light of the brake light is fine it's just the on-screen car light is dimmed out. Just a software bug that should be patched in the next release. I already submitted a bug fix for this.

Reactions: CCWgr and SJC3