Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted in Potts Point (AUS: 487)

IMG_3892.JPG

G'day. Became a part of Tesla family last week :)

Judging by the licence plates above, I am AUS 488? What does tht mean :O

Congratulations on taking delivery. No, you are 479. You were 'spotted' when you Instagrammed your car a week ago. The number refers to the current total of the different Tesla Model S that have been posted to this thread. As at now, 490 out of a total of around 800-900 in Australia have been 'spotted' and posted.

Awesome stuff, all over social media! Loving every minute of the drive so far, spotted a nice man who gave me a wave going down Anzac Pde near Kensington
Congratulations on taking delivery. No, you are 479. You were 'spotted' when you Instagrammed your car a week ago. The number refers to the current total of the different Tesla Model S that have been posted to this thread. As at now, 490 out of a total of around 800-900 in Australia have been 'spotted' and posted.

IMG_5981.JPG

What happens when a spotted Tesla is sold &/or gets new number plates and gets spotted again? We could end up with more Teslas than that delivered!

Theoretically possible. But, there are also instances of the same plates having been on more than one Tesla and they don't get re-spotted. This thread is by no means claiming to be statistically rigorous, there is a different database where cars are tallied by plate/colour/VIN etc. and duplicates are deleted. And that list is double the size of this thread so I think we are a long, long way off of 'spotting' more than there are.