Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the local sales told me last week that if you order the SR version, software update to turn the heated seats is activated, back and front. The chart a few pages says that heated are included. I called the local rep again and he told me again that they are NOT included and was a little put offthat I keep asking him the same question. So, who in the heck is right?
The front seats are heated but they are not part of what we paid for and may be software locked later.

Front heated seats are included in both SR and SR+. Rear heated seats are not and may be turned off through software eventually.

Interesting. Now the items missing on sr is starting to add up and giving me pause. No heated seats, loss of mileage, .30 seconds slower (bigger deal than most people realize), no fog lights, limited music, and AP. All this I still could live without. HOWEVER, accident avoidance... is it muted in the sr since ap is turned off?

Interesting. Now the items missing on sr is starting to add up and giving me pause. No heated seats, loss of mileage, .30 seconds slower (bigger deal than most people realize), no fog lights, limited music, and AP. All this I still could live without. HOWEVER, accident avoidance... is it muted in the sr since ap is turned off?

All the safety-related issues are activated, and the one you highlighted was never part of AP or EAP.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and omkar

I think you are confusing the SR/SR+ with the full Premium Interior in the LR models. Whether you purchase an SR or SR+ you will have heated front seats only. Neither the SR/SR+ have heated rear seats, Slacker, or web browsing.

The SR at $35K does not have AP but it can be added for $3K if you want it. So if you add AP it becomes $38K for SR vs $39.5K for SR+. The extra $1,500 gives you 20 more miles of range, fog lights, and the enhanced audio software. And possibly .3 seconds faster 0-60 time. Tesla has not confirmed that yet.

Remember that you will most likely only charge the SR+ to 90% to protect the battery so you will only get 220 or so miles. The SR can safely be charged to 100% since the last 10% is locked out so you will still get 220 miles on it.

Reactions: ishareit
Thanks for the responses.

Just a few more questions before I decided between the sr and sr +. So, thank you for your patience :)

Are the power adjustable steering wheel and power adjustable seats standard on the sr? Is there any safety feature not available on the sr that is on the sr+ besides the AP?

Are the power adjustable steering wheel and power adjustable seats standard on the sr? Is there any safety feature not available on the sr that is on the sr+ besides the AP?

AP is available on the SR, you just have to pay for it. Here is the latest feature comparison chart Tesla has been sharing:

Tesla 3-Trim Interior Packages Comparison.jpg

It doesn't list the other features like range and acceleration.

AP is available on the SR, you just have to pay for it. Here is the latest feature comparison chart Tesla has been sharing:

View attachment 406626

Great! Thank you.

Appears the sales rep is wrong and heated seats are available . I like the AP but I just wouldn't use it much to justify the cost.

The only question that remains which I don’t think anyone can answer is ... if Tesla decides to “tweak” the software to eek out a few more miles and/or speed, will the SR (base) be included. And, what future offerings will they provide in the future for upgrades?

The only question that remains which I don’t think anyone can answer is ... if Tesla decides to “tweak” the software to eek out a few more miles and/or speed, will the SR (base) be included. And, what future offerings will they provide in the future for upgrades?

I think you can pretty much bank on the SR not getting any love in the future. (No extra range, speed, acceleration, etc.) They don't want to sell the SR at all, but they are doing it to keep their promise of a $35k Model 3.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
If you live in a cold weather climate, would you consider the extra 20 miles of range worth it. I am from PA, typically do not have a long commute. However, might be making trips to Nashville taking my son back and forth from college so can't decide if the extra miles would make that much of a difference in long trip like that.
Last 10% 90-100 is the slowest to charge. I don't see any advantage when travelling. You want the fastest charge rate and the least amount of time. So I see zero advantage for travelling when comparing SR to SR+. Also Tesla has not revealed the battery degradation methodology between SR and SR+. If Tesla doesn't apply any difference between the two with battery degradation meaning if the SR battery degrades 10% does it reassign range to the 10% that was software locked? This would give the SR an advantage over the SR+ which would actually lose what it previously had. No one has brought this point up before but it merits a question for Tesla to answer.

Not sure what is the added up part. The heated front seat is in both SR and SR+. You only lose ~20 mile and little better sound. You paid the AP in the SR+. it is not free.

So, people needs to decide 1500 is it worth after you get the AP for both car. The current AP is just better cruise control. you can not do navigation on autopilot, no lane change.

I think you can pretty much bank on the SR not getting any love in the future. (No extra range, speed, acceleration, etc.) They don't want to sell the SR at all, but they are doing it to keep their promise of a $35k Model 3.

I will think the opposite. Tesla wants you to think SR is no love and it is better deal to get SR+. SR can get Autopilot for 3K that is 38K vs 39.5K for SR+. You are paying a premium - 1.5K for the 20 miles , 0.30 second acceleration and little better sound. When they need approval to get you from SR+ to SR because they can control how many they can make in a quarter. Obvious SR+ give tesla more profit than SR.

What was the total ending price with your purchase with taxes and fees? I know it varies by state, but I just want ballpark view of what to expect!! Thanks!!

In California, the 35k Black SR (no AP) comes out to ~$40k:
$36200 ($35000 + $1200 destination)
~$3900 taxes, registration, etc

Factoring in the $2500 CVRP (CA only) rebate and the $3750 tax credit (drops to $1875 July 1), brings the total cost to under $34k.

Reactions: Mr X
So, people needs to decide 1500 is it worth after you get the AP for both car. The current AP is just better cruise control. you can not do navigation on autopilot, no lane change.

For me, the very minimal features that AP provide now are not worth $3,000, $2,000 or even $1,000 so I saved $4,500 by getting the SR without AP. Quite honestly, with the free AP / FSD trial that I'm now on, I like the standard cruise control Much Better than the Adaptive Cruise Control in the AP package, with the increased triggers involved in changing lanes. I can't wait for my AP / FSD trial to expire.

Reactions: peakshaving
For me, the very minimal features that AP provide now are not worth $3,000, $2,000 or even $1,000 so I saved $4,500 by getting the SR without AP. Quite honestly, with the free AP / FSD trial that I'm now on, I like the standard cruise control Much Better than the Adaptive Cruise Control in the AP package, with the increased triggers involved in changing lanes. I can't wait for my AP / FSD trial to expire.

I am ordering today and I still haven’t decided on whether it will be the sr or sr+.

I am the type of guy who loves finding the best bargains and always looking to save money. However, I do like the ap and look forward to using it. Plus , The .3 quicker, 20 extra miles, sound, and fog lamps is nice. But, the Tesla unknown upgrade is what may be pushing me towards the sr+. People are complaining to Tesla about the price discrepancy and Tesla likes to make their customers happy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bump up the distance an extra 10 miles per charge for the sr + and not the sr. Its all a guessing game, of course.

Last edited: