Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the new car yesterday, just passing 330 000 km with the old one on our way to Tesla Laval. Over 100 cars were waiting inside and outside to be picked up and more coming in when we were there. The process was as follows:
1) Go to a first desk to get the access cards and a folder with forms to sign (<2 minutes).
2) Find your car, identified to your name, sit down in it and familiarize yourself with it, then review and sign the forms. At that point, I guess we could have tried to drive the car in the parking lot (but not on the road since it was not plated yet) but my wife didn't want since it was not yet ours. This step is 15-30 min. depending on how much time you decide to spend on it.
3) Go back inside to a second desk to finish the paperwork (payment, registration fees, etc., 5 min.) They provide a Philips screwdriver if you want to remove an old plate.

In Quebec, because of the delays at SAAQ, you could leave with a paper to installed in your back window, and receive your plates by mail in a few weeks. In our case, we were returning the old car and keeping the plate, fixed with hex/Allen screws. It took 4 attempts and ~20 min. for the employee to find the right hex key to unscrew the old plate.

Here's a picture of a bunch of cars waiting to be delivered (including ours), taken from the old car, while a delivery truck was arriving with more Teslas!

PXL_20230608_194407553.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Esan na
Got the new car yesterday, just passing 330 000 km with the old one on our way to Tesla Laval. Over 100 cars were waiting inside and outside to be picked up and more coming in when we were there. The process was as follows:
1) Go to a first desk to get the access cards and a folder with forms to sign (<2 minutes).
2) Find your car, identified to your name, sit down in it and familiarize yourself with it, then review and sign the forms. At that point, I guess we could have tried to drive the car in the parking lot (but not on the road since it was not plated yet) but my wife didn't want since it was not yet ours. This step is 15-30 min. depending on how much time you decide to spend on it.
3) Go back inside to a second desk to finish the paperwork (payment, registration fees, etc., 5 min.) They provide a Philips screwdriver if you want to remove an old plate.

In Quebec, because of the delays at SAAQ, you could leave with a paper to installed in your back window, and receive your plates by mail in a few weeks. In our case, we were returning the old car and keeping the plate, fixed with hex/Allen screws. It took 4 attempts and ~20 min. for the employee to find the right hex key to unscrew the old plate.

Here's a picture of a bunch of cars waiting to be delivered (including ours), taken from the old car, while a delivery truck was arriving with more Teslas!

View attachment 945397

what brand of tires did they install ?

EDD was 20-30 June.

A Model 3 RWD white ext, black int showed up in inventory in Laval as "coming soon".
Called Tesla, and now I have a delivery scheduled on Friday June 9.
Just a follow up.
Picked my car up Friday.

Texted my sales rep on Tuesday to ask about my loan application (still had the initial one from RBC made in April at 5.74). He told me it get's re-evaluated 2 days before pick up time (which would've been Wednesday in my case). No updates, so on Thursday morning I texted him again. Said it get's re-evaluated 24h before pick up time (Pick up was Friday 2pm, so I was expecting the re-evaluation to go through Thursday at 2PM).

I got a call Thursday around 8pm by the rep saying that my loan didn't go through, since my salary was marked at 108$/year (not thousands, 108$). He asked me to resubmit my loan application, which I did instantly. Half an hour later he calls me and told me the only bank (out of 3) that responded was BMO at 6.45%. He kept pressuring me to accept it then and there else my car won't be ready for the next day. I told him I'd wait until the next day at 10m to get a response from the other 2 banks.

Friday morning he sent me a text at like 8:30 am to tell me to accept the loan. I refused and told them that they messed up my application, and I shall keep waiting even if my delivery gets delayed by an hour or two. Sales rep told me it's my fault, not his, and that I've entered the wrong values. I'm still baffled at how RBC could've accepted my load back in April with a yearly salary of 108$.

I think he eventually accepted it on my behalf, since by 9:30am I didn't have the button to "accept it anymore".

I texted about 10:30 and asked about the other banks, and lo and behold I'm told that RBC accepted, and at my original rate of 5.74% that I had back in April.

The delivery was great. No issues with the car whatsoever. I used the checklist to verify the car: Tesla Prep

However, the paperwork was wrong. It had the BMO loan. Had to find the sales rep and he reprinted the RBC paperwork. I was then able to be on my way.

Do any of you have the executed lending agreement under their documents on the order manage page after taking delivery. My friend says I’m supposed to have this as it contains info about the financing but I don’t, perhaps it takes some time to show up.