Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bummer, ordered my wifes M3 on a 11/29, then 11/30 I emailed Tesla to change my delivery from Marina Del rey to Burbank since it did not give me the option on the order page. I assumed it would be weeks before we got a car allocated. On 11/2 I get a text telling me to schedule appointment for delivery!! WTF? Ok that was fast! I cant get through to anyone at Tesla to confirm the car is actually in Burbank, but rushed to get all the finance/loan handled. Finally get an email from Tesla SA - no idea how I got a text message but our car is not in Burbank. Called Burbank delivery and finally got through - they checked my order and saw that my car WAS in MDRey but when I asked to 'change' the delivery the car in MDRey became "available", someone grabbed it from stock and we lost the car. So fair warning to those changing your 'delivery location'. If by some chance a car matching in the system is selected, and it was already at the location or on it's way you can lose the car. bummer. Back in the waiting game. We have 2 cars on order and we gave back both our leases now renting cars. suckage maximum. caveat emptor.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Potentially not so great news for Bay Area folks. I just stopped at a Tesla store and the SA looked at my projected window and it said December 28. I ordered my car on 11/16. Next delivery window will be in March.
Since I'm leaving the Bay for Christmas on 12/21 and that I absolutely need a car soon, I guess I'll have to go with a regular ICE car instead. I really wanted a Tesla but it seems Tesla doesn't want me.

Potentially not so great news for Bay Area folks. I just stopped at a Tesla store and the SA looked at my projected window and it said December 28. I ordered my car on 11/16. Next delivery window will be in March.
Since I'm leaving the Bay for Christmas on 12/21 and that I absolutely need a car soon, I guess I'll have to go with a regular ICE car instead. I really wanted a Tesla but it seems Tesla doesn't want me.

Bay area delivery will always be sometime at the end of every quarter (March, June, September, December) due to local proximity to the factories so you're all low priority. If you miss your car, you may be able to pick up one from their inventory that they couldn't move. You may also get incentives for taking an inventory car.

Bay area delivery will always be sometime at the end of every quarter (March, June, September, December) due to local proximity to the factories so you're all low priority. If you miss your car, you may be able to pick up one from their inventory that they couldn't move. You may also get incentives for taking an inventory car.

Yea! My last hope is that they can hold it or let me pick another one on Jan 2nd when I'm back. If they can give me a $1,875 credit in form of free supercharging or something like that, it would be a great compromise! I don't have too much hope though that they'll have any car though. It's alright though, it's just a car at the end of the day.

I got a text today from Tesla advising me that my delivery location has been bumped from the Fremont plant to San Rafael service center and that there would be no impact on delivery timetable due to the switch. I’m guessing they’re trying to free up the end of December rush of deliveries at the Fremont facility. Works well, I selected Fremont assuming it would speed up delivery process but this is more convenient and probably will be a lower stress environment at delivery.
Ordered 10/29 SR Blue/Black/aeros. No VIN or any contact from Tesla prior to this text.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Well it’s been great on this thread, but today I decided to see if there was a stealth P3D- available...and there was one in Marina Del Rey. I snapped it up like a snapper fish, and I’ll be taking delivery of it at Buena Park next Saturday! Some hiccups with the financing not quite rolling over but I’m sure it’ll get settled.

I’m all giddy again after a month of no word and I’m even happier to get a car with no compromises. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting!

Well it’s been great on this thread, but today I decided to see if there was a stealth P3D- available...and there was one in Marina Del Rey. I snapped it up like a snapper fish, and I’ll be taking delivery of it at Buena Park next Saturday! Some hiccups with the financing not quite rolling over but I’m sure it’ll get settled.

I’m all giddy again after a month of no word and I’m even happier to get a car with no compromises. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting!
Congrats! Have a great time in the Stealth waiting room and actually picking up your car next weekend!

I got a text today from Tesla advising me that my delivery location has been bumped from the Fremont plant to San Rafael service center and that there would be no impact on delivery timetable due to the switch. I’m guessing they’re trying to free up the end of December rush of deliveries at the Fremont facility. Works well, I selected Fremont assuming it would speed up delivery process but this is more convenient and probably will be a lower stress environment at delivery.
Ordered 10/29 SR Blue/Black/aeros. No VIN or any contact from Tesla prior to this text.

I also got a text today notifying me that my delivery location had been updated from Fremont to San Francisco. Same message that it will not affect delivery time-frame. I am not excited to have to go to SF to pick it up, though, Horrendous traffic over the bridge in what's likely to be terrible weather. I wonder if I can request a change without it affecting the delivery time-frame.

Still no VIN and no updates on my account. :(

Yea! My last hope is that they can hold it or let me pick another one on Jan 2nd when I'm back. If they can give me a $1,875 credit in form of free supercharging or something like that, it would be a great compromise! I don't have too much hope though that they'll have any car though. It's alright though, it's just a car at the end of the day.

I can not imagine they will intentionally hold your car past the end of the quarter if someone else wants to buy it. They are often scrambling to match placed orders to cars at that time.

Best of luck!

I also got a text today notifying me that my delivery location had been updated from Fremont to San Francisco. Same message that it will not affect delivery time-frame. I am not excited to have to go to SF to pick it up, though, Horrendous traffic over the bridge in what's likely to be terrible weather. I wonder if I can request a change without it affecting the delivery time-frame.

Still no VIN and no updates on my account. :(

I bet you could request San Rafael from your sales contact if that's easier for you. Richmond/SR bridge is often a bit easier than the Bay Bridge, but your distance would be a lot further. The Tesla service center in San Rafael (assuming that's where they send us) is pretty close to where 580 ends up, so should be easier than dealing with SF traffic, depending of course on the time of day of your delivery. If you take delivery over here, give me a shout and I'll buy you a celebratory beer.

On 12/4 my vin showed up. Picked up today in Littleton, CO. Slot was at 4 and I had to wait til 430. Examined the car and everything was flawless except for the front emblem was pulling off a bit. 5 minutes of paperwork and 10 minutes to fix the emblem then I was on my way. All gaps were even, no paint issues, all panels and doors were perfect. No NEMA 14-50. My delivery guy was really good and when I told him I never contacted anyone during my 7 week wait he nearly bowed down and kissed my foot. Leave them alone people! You will get your car and you will love it! 7 weeks of silence followed by “Hurry up and buy!”

Reactions: ZappCatt
On 12/4 my vin showed up. Picked up today in Littleton, CO. Slot was at 4 and I had to wait til 430. Examined the car and everything was flawless except for the front emblem was pulling off a bit. 5 minutes of paperwork and 10 minutes to fix the emblem then I was on my way. All gaps were even, no paint issues, all panels and doors were perfect. No NEMA 14-50. My delivery guy was really good and when I told him I never contacted anyone during my 7 week wait he nearly bowed down and kissed my foot. Leave them alone people! You will get your car and you will love it! 7 weeks of silence followed by “Hurry up and buy!”

You're buying a $40k+ car.. going 7 weeks without communication is very bad especially when people who were promised 2 week delivery times are now waiting 7/8 weeks in. These buyers have other priorities and situations that happen in their lives and a car is necessary to sustain a living here. They can't be constantly revolving their life around this vehicle only to be mistreated by Tesla!

But hey, glad you got your car! Must be nice not to have to worry and be fortunate enough to be in that position!

You're buying a $40k+ car.. going 7 weeks without communication is very bad especially when people who were promised 2 week delivery times are now waiting 7/8 weeks in. These buyers have other priorities and situations that happen in their lives and a car is necessary to sustain a living here. They can't be constantly revolving their life around this vehicle only to be mistreated by Tesla!

But hey, glad you got your car! Must be nice not to have to worry and be fortunate enough to be in that position!

Forgot to mention it did say 5-9 weeks when I bought it on 10/24