Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've gathered, and I could be wrong, it seems that in order for you to be able to use the fog lights you need to have the premium package that costs $10/month. However, it's weird that you don't have it activated as it was my understanding that cars are at least getting a month free trial of premium services.
no this is wrong info. heated seats are not part of it.

Hello everyone
So it’s being a few weeks since I last posted since then I have taken delivery of my now 8 days now. I have standard range plus and as you may know it comes with no fog lights. BUT THEY ARE INSTALL THE FOG LIGHTS ARE IN THE CAR AND HOPEFULLY SOON THEY WILL ALLOW IT. 2020 model 3

Yes, the fog lights(and a couple of the speakers, but not the subwoofer) and rear heated seats are installed on the cars with the Partial Premium interior, but no longer enabled via software.

It would be AWESOME, if they allow us to start adding features via software or even have a more than partial premium interior.

At this time, there is no mention of this being an option.
The $10 a month subscription is for Premium Connectivity, that is LTE data for Satellite maps, streaming, etc
We have a year trial of this(but once again, it does not have anything to do with Foglamps, heated rear seats, extra speakers, interior lights)

EVERYONE who ordered/received after June 2018 has to pay for Premium Connectivity after their trial is up if they want to continue, whereas only Standard and Standard Plus owners are the ones affected by the Partial Premium Interior.

Yes, the fog lights(and a couple of the speakers, but not the subwoofer) are installed on the cars with the Partial Premium interior, but no longer enabled via software.

It would be AWESOME, if they allow us to start adding features via software or even have a more than partial premium interior.

At this time, there is no mention of this being an option.
The $10 a month subscription is for Premium Connectivity, that is LTE data for Satellite maps, streaming, etc
We have a year trial of this(but once again, it does not have anything to do with Foglamps, extra speakers, interior lights)

Thank you for clarifying!

Hey party people!

Seattle, WA
Order Placed: 12/8/2019
VIN Appeared: 12/10/2019 (!!)
Delivery Date: Not Yet
Build: SR+, Metallic Blue, 18" Aero Rims

Given the turnaround on the VIN and what I've been reading here so far, hoping for delivery before EOY!
My wife is not a "car" person but after driving the M3 she's asking me multiple times a day where it is!
*ruffles with fellow Californians and struggles to hold them back* HEY! NO! ..DON'T...DON'T HURT HIM GUYS!! COME ON!! ST..STOP IT!!!! N.. NO!!!

*As I come to my senses, it was I who was being held back by my peers* Whoa.... ... I'm calm I'm calm

Hello everyone
So it’s being a few weeks since I last posted since then I have taken delivery of my now 8 days now. I have standard range plus and as you may know it comes with no fog lights. BUT THEY ARE INSTALL THE FOG LIGHTS ARE IN THE CAR AND HOPEFULLY SOON THEY WILL ALLOW IT. 2020 model 3

Interesting. I thought they were physically removed from the 2020 models. So they are actually installed, just disabled via software?

I wonder if there's a way to manually hook up the speakers through the wiring? or is it a software thing? ....is Wayne Brady gonna have to hack this bitch?

You can absolutely hook up the speakers. It's just like any other car. You'll have to run the wiring to the tweeters and probably put in a high pass / crossover to get a clean signal. A speaker is a speaker. If you send signal to it it will work. You can add a sub to the trunk too. You'll have to find a reliable 12v source for the amp, but you should be able to get that straight off of the 12V battery.

I'd like to see an aftermarket manufacturer create a box that fills the spot of the stock sub too.

Just tap the signal off of the main speakers and you'll be set. It'll be a DIY setup, but car audio DIY has been around for over 50 years.

Hey party people!

Seattle, WA
Order Placed: 12/8/2019
VIN Appeared: 12/10/2019 (!!)
Delivery Date: Not Yet
Build: SR+, Metallic Blue, 18" Aero Rims

Given the turnaround on the VIN and what I've been reading here so far, hoping for delivery before EOY!
My wife is not a "car" person but after driving the M3 she's asking me multiple times a day where it is!

Wow, that's fast!