Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Philly Metro area, placed my order for M3 SR+ Blue w/white interior and 18” Aeros last Sunday, 2/16. Got a text today that my vehicle is in transit and set my delivery appointment for Tuesday 3/10. VIN showed up in source today, as well. That’s 23 days from order to delivery (assuming it happens as planned). Original estimate was 4 - 6 weeks. I guess I hit the queues at a good time.

Reactions: karmamule
Philly Metro area, placed my order for M3 SR+ Blue w/white interior and 18” Aeros last Sunday, 2/16. Got a text today that my vehicle is in transit and set my delivery appointment for Tuesday 3/10. VIN showed up in source today, as well. That’s 23 days from order to delivery (assuming it happens as planned). Original estimate was 4 - 6 weeks. I guess I hit the queues at a good time.
Yup, East Coast, perfect timing. Nice to finally see a white interior scheduled for delivery! Gives me hope! :)

Took delivery today. What a great car.

Attachments

• B2F9C38F-7483-48AD-AC1D-506DDD522992.jpeg
    B2F9C38F-7483-48AD-AC1D-506DDD522992.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 88
VIN showed up in source this morning. Located in Pittsburgh

SR+ Blue/Black Int with 19" Sport Wheels.

2/9: Order through website (completed all steps within 2 days)
2/13: Text saying ready for delivery in 2-6 weeks
2/18: Text from SA at my local store saying all looks good, just waiting for VIN
2/26: VIN in source code

Also, what a great feeling to see a pop-up when logging into your Tesla Account from the Tesla VIN Finder chrome extension!

Went through the delivery process yesterday. Great experience and an amazing car! For anybody who hasn't taken delivery yet I would strongly encourage you to use a delivery checklist and take your time looking. We found a couple of scratches on the passenger side window and their is a whistling sound in the car when you drive. Tesla noted it and will fix it but don't leave without getting it noted. Now pictures! Haven't had time to really take good pictures but here are a few we took after getting home.

Attachments

• Tesla 1.JPG
    Tesla 1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Tesla 2.JPG
    Tesla 2.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Tesla 3.JPG
    Tesla 3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 53
SR+ W/W Aero. Picking up tomorrow. Here is a timeline of events

12/04: Ordered. Promised delivery EOY
12/23: Expected Delivery 12/29. I cancel plans and sell my old car.
12/29: Tesla cancels *hours* before delivery. Promised delivery to the first week of January
01/23: Expect in 1-3 Weeks. Promised delivery by end of January.
02/06: Expect in 2-4 weeks
02/13: Expect 2-4 weeks
02/24: Delivery set for 2/27

85 days of one broken promise after another. I sold my car when I got the original delivery date so I paid $1000+ in car rental fees. This has been a costly and painful process. My initial enthusiasm for the car is gone and now I just want to get this process over with.

SR+ W/W Aero. Picking up tomorrow. Here is a timeline of events

85 days of one broken promise after another. I sold my car when I got the original delivery date so I paid $1000+ in car rental fees. This has been a costly and painful process. My initial enthusiasm for the car is gone and now I just want to get this process over with.

So it's Tesla's fault that you sold your car before you had another one? o_O
And I'd like to remind you all that I waited TWO YEARS and 38 days for my 3 RWD LR. :eek:

Reactions: Roald44
Woww, saw a 2018 RWD long range Model 3 in blue on the existing inventory with 30k km on it for a bit cheaper than my new SR+... stared at it for half an hour this morning thinking of scooping it instead of waiting till the end of next week, roughly the same price with the tax credit taken into account, quicker delivery, and an extra 100km. Gone so quickly though. lol. Oh well, made my decision for me.