Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no VIN after 3 months of waiting. Existing inventory is a total scam. Most of the M3s are not even built yet. Just trying to get people to sign up for the end of year rush. The delivery date is not what they say on the website. I thought that I was going to be able to pick one up today. So misleading. Just wasted $100. F$@!# Tesla. The company is getting too greedy. So MAD
OK maybe it wasn't a scam. I just got an email from Tesla scheduling a pick up for Dec 24 for the one that I ordered yesterday (less than 50ml from Bayarea). One I ordered 3 months ago still has no VIN. SA told me that one I ordered yesterday won’t be ready until January because it is being built and one I ordered 3 month ago will be ready on Dec 29. Told me to be patient and told me that I just wasted $100 because I didn’t call him first.

Hmmmm.... I am wondering if my SA even ordered my vehicle. Maybe I wasted $100... three month ago. Do I smell BS?

Anyway, I am glad that it's going to work out. The car was a Christmas gift for my parents. So happy.

Last edited:
Do you guys think the adaptive headlights are a big deal? My 2021 is coming next week but I can wait a few more weeks if it means a useful feature.

Also does anyone sort of feel they should have gotten a long range model instead for only ~9k more? 90 miles with AWD feels like a no-brainer but I am being cheap/money conscious.

Do you guys think the adaptive headlights are a big deal? My 2021 is coming next week but I can wait a few more weeks if it means a useful feature.

Also does anyone sort of feel they should have gotten a long range model instead for only ~9k more? 90 miles with AWD feels like a no-brainer but I am being cheap/money conscious.

So far I'm not feeling buyer's remorse on the SR+ vs. the LR. The 90 additional miles is attractive but not worth $9K in my opinion. I expect it to only impact me a couple of times a year as I will mostly be using my car for commute, errands, short trips nearby. I'll use my ICE vehicles for longer range trips.

The AWD is a bigger question mark. I live In Boston and worry about the RWR in the snow, but I've heard such positive things about the performance, even with RWR, that I'm crossing my fingers and saving my money for my kids' college tuition...

@MikeInBoston Did you get a 2021 Model 3 or 2020? Only asking because I'm also in the Boston area with SR+ and they are suggesting my M3 is delayed until the 26th because they can't find a truck to put my car on.
I'm getting a 2021. Scheduled for pick up on Wednesday in Dedham. That was delayed from Tuesday due to last week's storm. I tried calling this morning to confirm but no one answered.

EDIT: I was finally able to get ahold of someone in Natick and they tell me everything is still on track, based on the information they have.

Last edited:
People on the east coast are having delayed deliveries too not just the west coast. I ordered 10/16 838xxx vin and my car is still on the train, will be lucky if it arrives in Charlotte by end of year
I wish I even had a VIN. I want to finalize all of my financing before the holidays as the bank I got it through is closed most days between christmas eve and new years.

OK maybe it wasn't a scam. I just got an email from Tesla scheduling a pick up for Dec 24 for the one that I ordered yesterday (less than 50ml from Bayarea). One I ordered 3 months ago still has no VIN. SA told me that one I ordered yesterday won’t be ready until January because it is being built and one I ordered 3 month ago will be ready on Dec 29. Told me to be patient and told me that I just wasted $100 because I didn’t call him first.

Hmmmm.... I am wondering if my SA even ordered my vehicle. Maybe I wasted $100... three month ago. Do I smell BS?

Anyway, I am glad that it's going to work out. The car was a Christmas gift for my parents. So happy.

I am still trying to figure how this all works. Though the chat I was told that they may be available and they are either staged in the general area of the location or they are waiting to be loaded on a truck. When I mentioned the inventory to my SA she was confident to tell me that they have not been made and if I were to order the "inventory vehicle" that it may come later than my ordered one. They way she spoke makes me think that SA's get dinged if they get a canceled vehicle and really didn't want me to place an order for the "inventory vehicle"

Reactions: RyanS

I was going to cave and get the long range. But noticed that depreciation is much higher on the long range than SR+. I'll deal with it for about 3 years, sell it, and buy the truck.

Hello! I’m currently awaiting my Vin, and I have a estimated delivery of Dec 25-31st. Do I have to upload any insurance info in order to get the vin or can I hold off on that? I’m waiting for a Vin to quote with Tesla insurance. I fear that if I hold off on insurance I won’t get delivery this year, but I’ve read that as long as insurance is uploaded by delivery date there won’t be any delays ? Anyone have any similar experience?

Hello! I’m currently awaiting my Vin, and I have a estimated delivery of Dec 25-31st. Do I have to upload any insurance info in order to get the vin or can I hold off on that? I’m waiting for a Vin to quote with Tesla insurance. I fear that if I hold off on insurance I won’t get delivery this year, but I’ve read that as long as insurance is uploaded by delivery date there won’t be any delays ? Anyone have any similar experience?

You don’t need to upload insurance to get a vin

Reactions: Vram09
I am still trying to figure how this all works. Though the chat I was told that they may be available and they are either staged in the general area of the location or they are waiting to be loaded on a truck. When I mentioned the inventory to my SA she was confident to tell me that they have not been made and if I were to order the "inventory vehicle" that it may come later than my ordered one. They way she spoke makes me think that SA's get dinged if they get a canceled vehicle and really didn't want me to place an order for the "inventory vehicle"

I think you are right.

I'm getting a 2021. Scheduled for pick up on Wednesday in Dedham. That was delayed from Tuesday due to last week's storm. I tried calling this morning to confirm but no one answered.

EDIT: I was finally able to get ahold of someone in Natick and they tell me everything is still on track, based on the information they have.

How I'm being told it will be delayed and someone will reach out to re-schedule. They don't appear to have a good way to track where cars are and when they'll arrive.