Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried calling your SA? My SA told me that my EDD is around 3rd week of June.
Assuming that it is the SA assigning VINs to orders, I would trust that instead of the order page...
when did you order? I ordered 3/31 and still no VIN. Spoke to my SA 3 weeks ago and he said I should be able to take deliery last week of may or first week of june... here we are in the first week of june and im yet to get a VIN

Update for people continuing to wait if anyone is still looking for a timeline of events…
I received my VIN on May 28th for an order placed on April 13th. Prior to receiving a VIN my delivery date fluctuated a lot much like everyone else’s, but the night before I received my it, my date disappeared completely and then changed to 3-13 weeks during the day before I got the email about my VIN being assigned.

Throughout this entire process, my SA has been extremely unhelpful if he even replies, so I’ve had my best luck just calling in to my Service Center and speaking to whoever answers. My delivery date changed to 1 June - 7 June after being assigned a VIN, but my SA never reached out or responded to set up a delivery date. Instead, I received an automated text from Tesla the following Monday which allowed me to schedule a time slot and a day - but the soonest appointment was for 8 June, outside of the window the website gave me. This was solved by calling in to the Delivery line at the Service Center and just straight up asking for a sooner date. The person I spoke to was a Customer Experience Manager, and she was able to change my date to this Sunday (6th) after explaining that my vehicle was slotted to arrive at the facility on Friday. This was probably the single most informative conversation that I’ve ever had with anyone at Tesla, as she was able to add my documents necessary to secure financing to my account as well. After I hung up the phone, my account was update on the Tesla site within 5 minutes reflecting the new delivery date.

Overall, the communication from Tesla has been a nightmare and is the only thing making me rethink the purchase. I think most have a certain level of expectation when paying a certain amount for a “luxury” item and from a customer service standpoint Tesla isn’t meeting that. I’m sure the car will overshadow that for me, but I definitely understand other’s frustrations with the process.
Although SA support is spotty, I will tell you from experience that Tesla Tech Support, the group you call to answer questions about the cars operation, software, etc. has been excellent. They answer the phone quickly, and have 100% of the time solved my problem. They are patient and most of them know what they are doing, and when they don’t they put you on hold and get the answer from another support person.

Reactions: makirules
How were you notified about you VIN? Email or just checking you account online?
Two ways; First when I logged in I was prompted to accept Tesla Vision. After I accepted a VIN appeared on my account (after two days of my EDD disappearing) I also got a call a few hours later from my SA letting me know a VIN was assigned and that I will be notified over the next to weeks to accept delivery.

Reactions: ColeJunior
Update for people continuing to wait if anyone is still looking for a timeline of events…
I received my VIN on May 28th for an order placed on April 13th. Prior to receiving a VIN my delivery date fluctuated a lot much like everyone else’s, but the night before I received my it, my date disappeared completely and then changed to 3-13 weeks during the day before I got the email about my VIN being assigned.

Throughout this entire process, my SA has been extremely unhelpful if he even replies, so I’ve had my best luck just calling in to my Service Center and speaking to whoever answers. My delivery date changed to 1 June - 7 June after being assigned a VIN, but my SA never reached out or responded to set up a delivery date. Instead, I received an automated text from Tesla the following Monday which allowed me to schedule a time slot and a day - but the soonest appointment was for 8 June, outside of the window the website gave me. This was solved by calling in to the Delivery line at the Service Center and just straight up asking for a sooner date. The person I spoke to was a Customer Experience Manager, and she was able to change my date to this Sunday (6th) after explaining that my vehicle was slotted to arrive at the facility on Friday. This was probably the single most informative conversation that I’ve ever had with anyone at Tesla, as she was able to add my documents necessary to secure financing to my account as well. After I hung up the phone, my account was update on the Tesla site within 5 minutes reflecting the new delivery date.

Overall, the communication from Tesla has been a nightmare and is the only thing making me rethink the purchase. I think most have a certain level of expectation when paying a certain amount for a “luxury” item and from a customer service standpoint Tesla isn’t meeting that. I’m sure the car will overshadow that for me, but I definitely understand other’s frustrations with the process.
I have also had better conversations with the people at the service center than anyone else. I just wish they could give me more information on the status of my car.

Reactions: Tesconnect
I would be livid if I was you. I've seen people on reddit with the exact same config as you get their VINs with order dates in May.
Trust me.. every day I seem to get a bit more frustrated. I asked on Reddit if other people with the same config got theirs.. and it seems like a small few.. (most at least got their VIN). From what I noticed from the comments, they were east or west of me...

How were you notified about you VIN? Email or just checking you account online?
In my case, I had been checking online repeatedly and never got it. It was probably an hour since the last time I checked, and I had an email from Tesla saying that my final balance was ready (whatever that means when it hadn't really changed). Anyway, I went back to my account and this time I had the Teslavision acknowledgement and once I clicked on it my VIN was displayed.

mine got pushed back a day again. June 16 - June 27. At this rate, if it follows this pattern, next Wednesday my dates should be June 23 - July 4.

Anyone want to take bets on this?

Mine has always stayed out to June 30, now its moved down to as low as June 2-22nd... But as of last Friday I've have also moved as you have said but in a different way...

June 18-30 (Previous to last Fri)
June 19-30 (Last Friday -Current)

Mine has always stayed out to June 30, now its moved down to as low as June 2-22nd... But as of last Friday I've have also moved as you have said but in a different way...

June 18-30 (Previous to last Fri)
June 19-30 (Last Friday -Current)
Hell, at this point i'd take a July 30 - August 18 just to have a date range. So hard to prepare or plan my life when I have literally no window for estimated delivery.

Reactions: makirules
Hell, at this point i'd take a July 30 - August 18 just to have a date range. So hard to prepare or plan my life when I have literally no window for estimated delivery.

Our house will be down to 1 car... Luckily my son is done with school when I sell my other car.. Carvana is taking it, at the time I went through Carvana I didn't expect it to keep going or even come close to push into the next quarter

Our house will be down to 1 car... Luckily my son is done with school when I sell my other car.. Carvana is taking it, at the time I went through Carvana I didn't expect it to keep going or even come close to push into the next quarter
We are also down to one car and thankfully my kids are out of school for summer. I sold my Bolt back to GM on 4/30. Been having to drive my wife to work and share 1 ICE car since then. Very annoying when you are used to driving EVs. (if you have ever owned and drove an EV, you will understand). For me, it's just an inconvenience... while we are still doing fine (for now) with having 1 car, I am just ready to be driving my own EV again (and honestly, so is my wife).

We are also down to one car and thankfully my kids are out of school for summer. I sold my Bolt back to GM on 4/30. Been having to drive my wife to work and share 1 ICE car since then. Very annoying when you are used to driving EVs. (if you have ever owned and drove an EV, you will understand). For me, it's just an inconvenience... while we are still doing fine (for now) with having 1 car, I am just ready to be driving my own EV again (and honestly, so is my wife).

Yup I've actually owned 2 EVs before Gen1 Volt and a Bolt but had to move over to ICE because of my job had to travel longer distance that the Bolt could handle... I know what you mean I'm driving a ICE right now and Michigan isn't looking better with gas prices....

For me it's going to be annoying trying to get home in time and wanting to go places when my GF is out or having to go do something and wait around...

Ordered in Charlotte NC - 5/8 Black/Black with 19" Sport Rims - Woke up and saw many Model Ys and 1 Model 3 in stock on the web near me. I was close to pulling trigger on Model Y online. Checked my page and had me accept vision and then saw my VIN! Lately my ranges were June 14-23, 16-23 then June 17-23 and seemed to be getting close. Now shows June 14-20 with a VIN.

Stirring the pot a little here. I hope everyone starts to receive VINs and cars soon.
With that being said, cut the SAs some slack.
They don’t pick the volume of themselves at showrooms. Nor do they control the production and delivery from Fremont. They are middlemen who get called all day long everyday with the same questions.
We will all get our vehicles guys. The end of the quarter is near and papa Musk has always provided around this time. Just look at past numbers.
See you all soon in your shiny new Tesla’s.