Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine delivered today!!! (ordered 4-19, white w black sr+ no extras whatsoever)

Kinda strange, the Uber got to my house first, then the Tesla. Two girls get out, takes pictures of the car in the driveway, then wave goodbye and hop in the Uber. Doors locked, no card key, fedex package in front seat.

I try to open car, no luck, got an email for accepting delivery, followed instructions and car still locked. checked on my computer and couldn't open doors.

Finally figured out that I had to log out of the tesla app on my phone then log back in, which then allowed me to unlock the doors.

Inside the fedex package is the card keys and some DMV paperwork to sign and drop in a fedex box for return shipment to tesla.

Then a phone call from Tesla, one of the girls forgot her jacket in the car and are coming back to get it.....

Got mine delivered today!!! (ordered 4-19, white w black sr+ no extras whatsoever)

Kinda strange, the Uber got to my house first, then the Tesla. Two girls get out, takes pictures of the car in the driveway, then wave goodbye and hop in the Uber. Doors locked, no card key, fedex package in front seat.

I try to open car, no luck, got an email for accepting delivery, followed instructions and car still locked. checked on my computer and couldn't open doors.

Finally figured out that I had to log out of the tesla app on my phone then log back in, which then allowed me to unlock the doors.

Inside the fedex package is the card keys and some DMV paperwork to sign and drop in a fedex box for return shipment to tesla.

Then a phone call from Tesla, one of the girls forgot her jacket in the car and are coming back to get it.....
Crazy way to do business. How did you figure out that you had to log out then back in?

I ordered May 10th, and the EDD dates are June 18th to 30th. Recently contacted my SA and he said:

Your MyTesla account shows the best estimate for delivery, so with the timeline currently displayed, I would say there is a good chance you vehicle will arrive before the month is out. Once your car is ready, you will receive a text message prompting you to choose your delivery date. Keep an eye out for that text!

Sounds hopeful. With regard to getting a car in good shape, he also said:

Every Tesla goes through several inspections before being deemed delivery ready. One before it leaves the factory, another once it arrives after shipment, and a final inspection as the vehicle is being prepped for delivery. Anything out of specification will be adjusted prior to delivery. You are welcome to speak with us should you find anything unsatisfactory, but I want to set the expectation that you should not anticipate finding anything needing adjustment at delivery.

Reactions: GiFer and marcham
I ordered May 10th, and the EDD dates are June 18th to 30th. Recently contacted my SA and he said:

Your MyTesla account shows the best estimate for delivery, so with the timeline currently displayed, I would say there is a good chance you vehicle will arrive before the month is out. Once your car is ready, you will receive a text message prompting you to choose your delivery date. Keep an eye out for that text!

Sounds hopeful. With regard to getting a car in good shape, he also said:

Every Tesla goes through several inspections before being deemed delivery ready. One before it leaves the factory, another once it arrives after shipment, and a final inspection as the vehicle is being prepped for delivery. Anything out of specification will be adjusted prior to delivery. You are welcome to speak with us should you find anything unsatisfactory, but I want to set the expectation that you should not anticipate finding anything needing adjustment at delivery.
Thanks for sharing. I find it very odd that my May 4 order is estimated for July 2 - July 22. It was June 21 - June 30 yesterday. Iā€™m pulled in two directions: (1) with EDD constantly fluctuating itā€™s not truly accurate or (2) EDD is actually the best estimate per your SA and it validates that orders are fulfilled randomly regardless of order date.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
We had a delivery scheduled for today in Atlanta, GA. We flew to Atlanta yesterday to just hang out for a day and then take delivery today. We land in Atlanta, have lunch and then get a text from Tesla saying the delivery was cancelled due to the vehicle being "delayed in transit" until June 9th. We now have a scheduled delivery for 6/13.
If the car is delayed for 3 days, why didn't they give us more than 24hrs notice? It would have saved a lot of headache and money. Come on Tesla, get it together!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
We had a delivery scheduled for today in Atlanta, GA. We flew to Atlanta yesterday to just hang out for a day and then take delivery today. We land in Atlanta, have lunch and then get a text from Tesla saying the delivery was cancelled due to the vehicle being "delayed in transit" until June 9th. We now have a scheduled delivery for 6/13.
If the car is delayed for 3 days, why didn't they give us more than 24hrs notice? It would have saved a lot of headache and money. Come on Tesla, get it together!
Wow, frustrating. I am trying to not count on anything until the night before when I get my delivery date.

I had a 14-50 outlet installed in March for my Model 3. Got three quotes. One of the three recommended an emergency disconnect box (between the service panel and 14-50 outlet). The emergency disconnect box houses a 50 amp GFCI breaker.

Here's a few pictures after the electrician was done: Installed my NEMA 14-50 yesterday
Here's a link to an 'inexpensive' 40 amp charger on Amazon. Mine gets here tomorrow (the 14-30 26 amp version). Someone earlier said they could get a $300 rebate, which would be a great deal.