Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually am not minding the delay as I'm still waiting on GM to complete the buyback of my Bolt, and I'd prefer not to take delivery of the 3 until the Bolt is taken care of. I may actually have to hold off on delivery until Q3 (which probably means an Aug/Sep delivery) if my buyback isn't taken care of by the end of this month.

I sold my Chevy Lease to Carvana… next Tuesday is it, need my M3 now! But looks as if we are going to be a 1car house for a while 😒

Have you found any highlights to the shuffle closing in tighter and tighter? Meaning more promising or just doesn't matter?
I think so, my SA told me that he had my delivery window towards end of June. So I think maybe it gets updated as the factory has manufacturing progress updates on a daily basis. I rather have a 1 week window that a random weeks spectrum.
At least that's what I'd like to think 🤪

Reactions: mdanieltech
I think so, my SA told me that he had my delivery window towards end of June. So I think maybe it gets updated as the factory has manufacturing progress updates on a daily basis. I rather have a 1 week window that a random weeks spectrum.
At least that's what I'd like to think 🤪
Same boat here. I also think they are moving it out today+14 days but keeping the end date in June. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days.

Reactions: GiFer
I actually am not minding the delay as I'm still waiting on GM to complete the buyback of my Bolt, and I'd prefer not to take delivery of the 3 until the Bolt is taken care of. I may actually have to hold off on delivery until Q3 (which probably means an Aug/Sep delivery) if my buyback isn't taken care of by the end of this month.
I was thinking the same thing when I ordered on 3/22.... then when I turned in my Bolt to GM on 4/30, I wanted it to hurry up. Hate driving my wife's ICE car while I wait.

Getting my VIN doesn't seem to have stopped or changed the EDD shuffle... I've had the VIN for 6 days now, even insured my vehicle and uploaded it to supposedly expedite delivery, and the EDD keeps moving around in the second half of June.
I was able to reach someone just now at the delivery center though and they say it's now scheduled to arrive on the 17th so I should get a text or email to schedule delivery after that!

Reactions: Aeonofgods
I ordered my M3 on 5/20. I recently read that the new EV tax credit bill if it passes will be retroactive after 5/24. Do you guys think it’s worth it to cancel my original order and order again now in case it passes? It would be nice if I end up getting back $10k but my EDD is showing July 15 - August 4 and the current window on a new order is 8-12 weeks. The wait has only been about 2 weeks so far but it’s been a brutal 2 weeks 😣

I ordered my M3 on 5/20. I recently read that the new EV tax credit bill if it passes will be retroactive after 5/24. Do you guys think it’s worth it to cancel my original order and order again now in case it passes? It would be nice if I end up getting back $10k but my EDD is showing July 15 - August 4 and the current window on a new order is 8-12 weeks. The wait has only been about 2 weeks so far but it’s been a brutal 2 weeks 😣
I’m pretty sure the delivery date is the date your purchase is right now you are in a reservation state but have not purchased the vehicle which is why you can not apply for any post delivery rebates yet.

I think it's post delivery so you should be good but it obviously depends on the bill actually passing. I also read that the additional $2,500 for built in USA vehicles is only for delivery after 12/31/21 however. Again, depends on the bill actually passing. I'm ok with postponing my delivery but not until next year lol.