Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh. Right here with you guys. Ordered on 4/9 and EDD remained 6/1-6/30 until this past Monday (jumped to 7/25-8/24). It is currently sitting at 7/3-7/23 for the last few days. o_O
Ridiculous to read that many CA orders are now in the July timeframe. I will be even more upset if it's pushed past the 60 days for my loan approval. It would not be fair to rerun credit and have another inquiry.

Update...

Called the Fremont Showroom and surprisingly a SA answered on the first ring. I stated that I wanted to inquire the status of my reservation and his first question was, "Do you have a VIN?" to which I answered not yet. Then he stated, "Orders will be delivered by the last week of the month. Without a VIN we're unable to track progress at this time."

I then shared that my account's EDD has moved into July and held for the last few days. He stated, "This will be an 'under promise over deliver' situation since estimated dates are different for everyone. Dates currently shown are the worst case scenario."

Well, there's a bit of hope for us here in CA being the last wave. Manifesting that this is true for all of us... let's rally behind the last week of June!!

Aaaaand EDD has (once again) changed today lol. Now June 24-30.. still not sure if it’s good or bad lol
Mine went
Update...

Called the Fremont Showroom and surprisingly a SA answered on the first ring. I stated that I wanted to inquire the status of my reservation and his first question was, "Do you have a VIN?" to which I answered not yet. Then he stated, "Orders will be delivered by the last week of the month. Without a VIN we're unable to track progress at this time."

I then shared that my account's EDD has moved into July and held for the last few days. He stated, "This will be an 'under promise over deliver' situation since estimated dates are different for everyone. Dates currently shown are the worst case scenario."

Well, there's a bit of hope for us here in CA being the last wave. Manifesting that this is true for all of us... let's rally behind the last week of June!!
Unless his name is Bill Shut. They are useless...

• Funny
Reactions: rsaucedo23
Update...

Hoping my EDD is a worst case scenario because it’s only a few weeks away 😂😭

Reactions: EvilStryke
Sigh. Right here with you guys. Ordered on 4/9 and EDD remained 6/1-6/30 until this past Monday (jumped to 7/25-8/24). It is currently sitting at 7/3-7/23 for the last few days. o_O
I feel ya. I ordered on March 17 and I still don't have a VIN. I called Fremont showroom and they told me that my car is in line for production in the 3rd week of June. Maybe give them a call and ask about that.

The main factory will prioritize car deliveries for the farthest distance orders and do local deliveries last (i.e., east > midwest > west coast). This is done to increase the odds of hitting their quarterly delivery goals that they have set for themselves.

Not true, there’s a user here who ordered 4/18 and he already got a delivery confirmation from the same dealer as me
not knocking on him but Tesla really needs to get it together

My SA has been calling since September 2020 when I originally test drove one and I caved April 2021, he called me about once a month asking me if I was still in the market

Not true. Some people in California that ordered AFTER me, got their cars before me.

The main factory will prioritize car deliveries for the farthest distance orders and do local deliveries last (i.e., east > midwest > west coast). This is done to increase the odds of hitting their quarterly delivery goals that they have set for themselves.

Not true, there’s a user here who ordered 4/18 and he already got a delivery confirmation from the same dealer as me
not knocking on him but Tesla really needs to get it together

My SA has been calling since September 2020 when I originally test drove one and I caved April 2021, he called me about once a month asking me if I was still in the market

This is what the Fremont SA manager told me; I'm sure there's additional internal stratifications for anecdotal deliveries but overall the logic makes sense. You would want to fulfill orders that require longer delivery transit time prior to fulfilling the quick and easy deliveries local to the Fremont factory for each quarter.

Reactions: GiFer and makirules
This is what the Fremont SA manager told me; I'm sure there's additional internal stratifications for anecdotal deliveries but overall the logic makes sense. You would want to fulfill orders that require longer delivery transit time prior to fulfilling the quick and easy deliveries local to the Fremont factory for each quarter.
I am sure there is some type of logic... just not common sense logic.