Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on May 3rd a SR+ Blue/Black, still no vin, delivery estimate 2-4 weeks... I'm guessing they had a ton of orders in early may because of the new rebate (in Canada). I'm anxiously waiting for something to progress this week!

Was at MTL showroom last week and a staff gave a 3-month ETA for an SR+ with all default config. Might be their way to manage expectations?

The federal credit would likely put some pressure on supply. Meanwhile the approaching quarter end would also motivate Tesla to pump out delivery like no tomorrow. Guess we’ll see how it plays out.

We were very excited to get our Model 3 today in Burbank. We were assigned a delivery date just before Mother's Day and was told we qualified for an option loan. Tesla would pick up the loan for 3 business days and that would give our credit union the time to transfer the funds, which we were approved for. We arrived promptly at our assigned 5 pm time. After waiting in the Delivery room for almost an hour, the sales rep told us that our paperwork was not ready and we would have to wait longer. There was some miscommunication and they didn't have our car ready so we were told to come back in an hour. At 8 pm our car was polished and ready for pickup. Just before signing the deal, our sales rep told us that he didn't know about an option loan and that he couldn't release the car to us. I told him I have impeccable credit and Tesla could pick up the loan for a few days until my bank does the transfer. The rep spoke to his managers and they had no clue what we were talking about. I have purchased many vehicles over the years and ALL of them gave us this option. We'll my wife was so upset that she left the dealership and cancelled our order.

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
We were very excited to get our Model 3 today in Burbank. We were assigned a delivery date just before Mother's Day and was told we qualified for an option loan. Tesla would pick up the loan for 3 business days and that would give our credit union the time to transfer the funds, which we were approved for. We arrived promptly at our assigned 5 pm time. After waiting in the Delivery room for almost an hour, the sales rep told us that our paperwork was not ready and we would have to wait longer. There was some miscommunication and they didn't have our car ready so we were told to come back in an hour. At 8 pm our car was polished and ready for pickup. Just before signing the deal, our sales rep told us that he didn't know about an option loan and that he couldn't release the car to us. I told him I have impeccable credit and Tesla could pick up the loan for a few days until my bank does the transfer. The rep spoke to his managers and they had no clue what we were talking about. I have purchased many vehicles over the years and ALL of them gave us this option. We'll my wife was so upset that she left the dealership and cancelled our order.

Some lucky person with no VIN or Scheduled Delivery Date just got a call from Tesla and offered them your M3.

Never heard of leaving with a new car, and not paying for a few days. Sounds like there was some miscommunication here. Personally I am keeping it very simple with Tesla. Sold my car privately, and did not finance. Let them focus on what they are really good at, building the best electric car in the world.

They are now getting into the extremely busy part of the quarter, and in rapid growth mode, so some team work and understanding on both sides will be needed. Suggest people get everything in writing, and clean, before you visit for pickup.

@tgreicius,

Sorry to hear about your experience but if everyone who had a bad experience with the Tesla delivery team cancelled their order, Tesla would not be selling very many cars. I hope your wife reconsiders the situation. There are plenty of dealers who can provide a much smoother delivery experience for a car that you don’t really want but is one day worth of grief worth many years of driving a car that was not your first choice?

Reactions: alpic007
Well ladies and gents I’m so happy to add this here. After nearly a month of waiting today my white/white SR+ was delivered. She lived up to every ounce of excitement I felt along the way.
When did you place your order? We ordered white/white SR+ as well (on 5/2) and are trying to manage expectations for delivery... We're in CA, hoping for something before end of month. Haven't heard anything yet.