Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s pretty bad. Even sounds worse than the system in my wife’s 2017 Subaru Outback Limited. I knew all the reviews said that the Long Range and Performance sounded much better, but I wasn’t expecting such a huge drop off.

I wouldn’t pay $10,000 just for the upgrade to the Long Range, so I’ll just suck it up :cool:
I wonder if something is wrong with yours. I've heard the SR+ before, didn't seem bad to me, but I'm not a super high end stereo guy anymore like when I had my typical of college kid early 2000's system in my used Honda. Could hear me a mile away...

Reactions: asquared17
I wonder if something is wrong with yours. I've heard the SR+ before, didn't seem bad to me, but I'm not a super high end stereo guy anymore like when I had my typical of college kid early 2000's system in my used Honda. Could hear me a mile away...
It’s probably not fair to compare it to the sound system in my Audi (which is being picked up by Carvana at noon), as that damn thing has 10 speakers just for the front passengers and is tuned to perfection.

But I did expect for it to sound at least comparable to the optional factory stereo in our Subaru. I’m not a big audiophile guy either, but even I could pick up on the tinny sound and just general lack of range. Maybe there are some settings I can mess with to tweak it.

Just wanted to get a pulse check from east coast folks that ordered at the end of July to see if you are seeing the same estimates on your end today.

For reference, Located in NC. I ordered on July 18th SR+ white interior/ Black exterior, 18” wheels. My EDD had ping-ponged all over the place (like everyone else here) and apparently I am now sitting in Oct 8-28 sat on a Sept EDD (9/15-9/30) for weeks until it changed yesterday.
Also in NC, I ordered on July 17th SR+ MSM no options and my EDD has been on Sep 9-29 all week.

But I did expect for it to sound at least comparable to the optional factory stereo in our Subaru.
Optional factory stereos are often noticeably better than the base model even when the price difference is small. Low hanging fruit n all that

I’m mentally preparing myself for the base audio to sound like the base audio in an entry level car.

It’s probably not fair to compare it to the sound system in my Audi (which is being picked up by Carvana at noon), as that damn thing has 10 speakers just for the front passengers and is tuned to perfection.

But I did expect for it to sound at least comparable to the optional factory stereo in our Subaru. I’m not a big audiophile guy either, but even I could pick up on the tinny sound and just general lack of range. Maybe there are some settings I can mess with to tweak it.
You can find wire harness kit and transform your sound system for a « premium », the speakers are already in the car

So, question - when did y'all's EDDs start really changing around? Did they stay pretty stable for awhile but then the closer you got, the more they changed? I'm just wondering when to expect the disappointment of my dates changing. 😅
i can only speak for my personal experience but for the first 2 weeks after my order, it was changing constantly. now, it’s been the same for about a week/week and a half.

not sure if tesla is tightening up their EDD protocols or because my order is upcoming (hopefully!) in september that it’s been a little more firm.

would be curious to see others’ response also.

So, question - when did y'all's EDDs start really changing around? Did they stay pretty stable for awhile but then the closer you got, the more they changed? I'm just wondering when to expect the disappointment of my dates changing. 😅
Same experience for me as asquared17 - it moved all the time at first. Now it still moves wildly for me but at least it stays the same for a few days at a time before making big moves 😁