Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t see my EDD in my account anymore. I had to send an updated picture of my vehicle’s odometer for trade in purposes, and also re-qualify for wells fargo’s loan as they said my original loan just expired. Anyone know if this will affect my original EDD of August 24- September 7?

The tax credit would be sweet. I've been able to take advantage of it on three Nissan Leaf leases, but missed out on my 2020 M3. I hit order on my new M3 once the EDD showed January betting on a couple of continuing resolutions and an effect date of January 1 for any changes. October 1 is a good bet too.
Good move! I think the effective date of Jan 1 onwards is more likely than Oct 1. The $100k income cap is a non-binding amendment. There’s plenty of political horse trading to happen as yet and it’s hard to predict what the final form of EV credits will be, so I’ll be happy to take delivery ASAP without worrying about possible tax credits in the future. But it would be a pleasant surprise if some/all of us got some tax credit retroactively. Small chance of that happening but not zero.

For people waiting for the tax credit, I wouldn't keep my hopes up - it seems the Senate voted to put a $40,000 limit and only households making less than $100,000 would be able to claim it... And who knows what's up with the Infrastructure Bill.

I mean, it's moot for us right now, we wouldn't have been able to wait anyway.
Fact, but that was a completely non-binding amendment that was really just a way to make Senators be in record for a future political campaign against them. I wouldn't put too much stock in that particular vote. But none the less, I'd say the odds of the typical Tesla buyer being able to take advantage of the EV tax credit anytime soon is 50/50 at best.

Reactions: Francl27
I can’t see my EDD in my account anymore. I had to send an updated picture of my vehicle’s odometer for trade in purposes, and also re-qualify for wells fargo’s loan as they said my original loan just expired. Anyone know if this will affect my original EDD of August 24- September 7?
I'd say August 24 is unlikely at this point. Do you have a VIN? If you do, I would think you should be fine.

I live in SoCal and ordered on 8/8. I had an original EDD of 9/17-9/30. The date has slipped back a couple of days to 9/19-9/30, but the end of September has never changed. Fingers crossed it stays there.

Anyone else on SoCal order around the same time and have assimilate or different experience?
In SoCal as well. Ordered before you on 7/22 and have EDD of 10/2 to 10/22 for a few weeks now. IT started off as beginning of September, then end, now Oct.

Reactions: Pablocrisp
I'd say August 24 is unlikely at this point. Do you have a VIN? If you do, I would think you should be fine
I'd say August 24 is unlikely at this point. Do you have a VIN? If you do, I would think you should be fine.
I unfortunately don’t have a VIN number yet. But I talked to my SA yesterday and he said my EDD is still end of this month. 🤞🏼

Reactions: usmc70
Hi All. Adding to the thread as my first post.

I ordered my M3SR+ White ext/Black int on 21-Jul with original EDD of 5-Sept to 23-Sept. It’s moved around a bit pushing out and coming back into September in the past weeks, however its stayed at 03-Oct to 23-Oct for a week or more now.
Thanks for sharing. Not encouraging for me to see your EDD pushed to October despite your earlier order date. I’m still expecting my EDD to push out as well.

That's where I'm at currently. I have a blue/black ordered on 7/3. Let's see if this stays true, the 2nd is next Thursday!
That's my config, if the east->west theories are true, my guess would be 2nd or 3rd week of sept. My appointment is 9/5 in NY, June order. If I had to place a bet, I'd go early sept, because there are more examples proving the theories wrong than right :) Either way you picked the best color combo!

Reactions: asquared17
Question: I ordered mine on 08/18 SoFLo M3 white/black 18”, no VIN yet. My coworker ordered on 04/20/21 white/white 18” and just got a VIN a few days ago. He doesn’t want the car anymore (already got another one) he hasn’t cancel the order yet. Is there a way he can transfer me his VIN so I take his car instead of mine and pay the extra (cash) for the white interior?? Called Tesla not responding, Called my SA even worse he never responded. Anyone experiencing same situation??

Anyone end up with a credit from the NJ chargeUp rebate? I had 4500 due a signing, for an SR+, but with the NJ rebate, they applied the 5k rebate, and now my invoice shows -500 due at signing. Curious where the -500 goes - will they just take it off my total loan?