Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh great, now my original NCA order's EDD just advanced to 10/16-10/31.

So what the hecc lol. Did they just find a batch of NCA batteries out of nowhere? Did the "inventory" drop relieve so much pressure that they are bringing the NCA cars into a reasonable EDD range?
I think it is probably the latter, given the chatter on just this forum about people swapping out for current inventory..

Reactions: asquared17
Original M3 SR+ black / black on 4th of July. EDD was holding for 9/10-9/30. No vin. Ended up going LFP with 19”s black/black. Got vin and EDD almost instantly. EDD is 8/30-9/7. Delivery not scheduled yet. Let my SA know and he told me he would switch the original $100 deposit to my new order. The original order is now MIA in my account, but I don’t see the credit yet. Was just worried the appearance of the LFP was a sign of a battery shortage. So I rolled the dice. Fingers crossed.
Took around 24 hours before it showed up in my new order.

I think it is probably the latter, given the chatter on just this forum about people swapping out for current inventory..
They stopped dumping inventory vehicles. Maybe they are out of LFP now.

I wonder what future holds for M3 SR+'s. If battery shortage keeps being an issue, somehow I can see Tesla using both NCA and LFP to fill orders. But also the slim margin of SR+'s significantly reduces their incentive to do so.

Maybe LFP is the future?

Reactions: Eugene Ash
They stopped dumping inventory vehicles. Maybe they are out of LFP now.

I wonder what future holds for M3 SR+'s. If battery shortage keeps being an issue, somehow I can see Tesla using both NCA and LFP to fill orders. But also the slim margin of SR+'s significantly reduces their incentive to do so.

Maybe LFP is the future?
I've ready ~somewhere~ that Tesla intends to use only LFP for all short and medium range cars in the future world-wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: speedyrogue
Quick poll - for non-LFP orders, did most people get delivery on their scheduled appointment day/time or did Tesla have to delay for whatever reason? I feel like I’ve read all the horror stories on this thread of last-minute rescheduling but perhaps those are just the ones that feel motivated to come on here and gripe?

Quick poll - for non-LFP orders, did most people get delivery on their scheduled appointment day/time or did Tesla have to delay for whatever reason? I feel like I’ve read all the horror stories on this thread of last-minute rescheduling but perhaps those are just the ones that feel motivated to come on here and gripe?
Most people tend to abandon this forum after delivery ...

The pinned comment reads:

"I just found out some juicy stuff about this car that I have in my possession... apparently no-one will get this car until the special software is rolled out to them this Thursday... Maybe I'm doing some testing ... stay tuned"

THURSDAY? 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢
Is there any reason we the users wouldn’t be able to install this software update at our leisure? Seems silly for an emergency update if this is what the update is for.

Ordered mine on 8/26 btw. Was able to schedule delivery same day for September 7th. 👀

Is there any reason we the users wouldn’t be able to install this software update at our leisure? Seems silly for an emergency update if this is what the update is for.

Ordered mine on 8/26 btw. Was able to schedule delivery same day for September 7th. 👀
Suspecting that this update is for compliance reasons. That might be why they have to be installed prior to release.

Also ordered on 8/26, yet to receive the scheduling text 😢. It appears that Tesla likely have been planning for this LFP rollout way before it actually happened. Raising the order fee is suspecious. Also, the fact that many east coast customers are able to schedule deliveries likely means that they mobilized the vehicles prior to the LFP email. Tesla knew that we will for sure bite the bait lol.

Reactions: asquared17