Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suspecting that this update is for compliance reasons. That might be why they have to be installed prior to release.

Also ordered on 8/26, yet to receive the scheduling text 😢. It appears Tesla likely have been planning for this LFP rollout way before it actually happened. Raising the order fee is suspecious. Also, the fact that many east coast customers are able to schedule deliveries likely means that they mobilized the vehicles prior to the LFP email. Tesla knew that we will for sure bite the bait lol.
Ordered 08/26, EDD 08/30-09/07. Burbank told me today estimating a Sept 1 delivery date!

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMa0830
Ordered 08/26, EDD 08/30-09/07. Burbank told me today estimating a Sept 1 delivery date!
I was at Burbank today and they were like "yeahhhhh your car is still in Fremont". Sept 1 still sounds quite likely at this time since Fremont is only what, 5 hours away?

Keeping all of my fingers tangled lol. Apparently crossing them doesn't work anymore.

Have you received the scheduling text yet?

I was at Burbank today and they were like "yeahhhhh your car is still in Fremont". Sept 1 still sounds quite likely at this time since Fremont is only what, 5 hours away?

Keeping all of my fingers tangled lol. Apparently crossing them doesn't work anymore.

Have you received the scheduling text yet?
Hoping to get a schedule delivery tomorrow... fingers are practically broken from me checking my emails and text messages so many times

• Funny
Reactions: RichardMa0830
Hoping to get a schedule delivery tomorrow... fingers are practically broken from me checking my emails and text messages so many times
Hahaha Tesla practically owe us cars and free counseling sessions at this point.

I also ordered on 8.26 so if your car is heading down tomorrow I would hope that mine is too lol. However at this point I am just keeping my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised :D

Ordered LFP battery pack on 08/26, delivery scheduled for Sept 1, not sure if it would stick, but fingers crossed

Capture.PNG

Ordered the same day as you and called the Carlsbad dealership too. The person I talked to said my car is still in Fremont waiting to put in the truck for transit here in San Diego.
But my Sister in law ordered hers 08/26 same location and got a call today saying her car should be ready for pickup on 09/03 from the dealership.
May the odds be always in our favor ! Mine is still in production and my SA today said she has no updates. Im also purchasing a MYP demo and that one is delayed. Its coming from Palo Alto and according to them they have to assign it to a truck. I ordered this also 08/27. That one I dont know what the hold up is

Hahaha Tesla practically owe us cars and free counseling sessions at this point.

I also ordered on 8.26 so if your car is heading down tomorrow I would hope that mine is too lol. However at this point I am just keeping my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised :D
Keep me update! my SA in Burbank is out of office for a "few days" and I was like THIS IS THE WORST TIME TO BE OUT OF OFFICE lol

Keep me update! my SA in Burbank is out of office for a "few days" and I was like THIS IS THE WORST TIME TO BE OUT OF OFFICE lol
Lollll my SA is in Seattle since I split my time between the two cities. She is either very responsive or completely AWOL. There is no in-between.

And I will post when I get my scheduling text. Since they usually get 8-10 M3s on a truck, one of us getting the text is likely a good sign.

Reactions: Bullitt
Lollll my SA is in Seattle since I split my time between the two cities. She is either very responsive or completely AWOL. There is no in-between.

And I will post when I get my scheduling text. Since they usually get 8-10 M3s on a truck, one of us getting the text is likely a good sign.
Noob question, but how do I get in contact with an “SA”? I tried calling Tesla, couldn’t get anyone on the phone. I did place my order after taking a test drive with a local sales rep, but I ordered online and not with him.

Noob question, but how do I get in contact with an “SA”? I tried calling Tesla, couldn’t get anyone on the phone. I did place my order after taking a test drive with a local sales rep, but I ordered online and not with him.
If you ordered online, someone will supposedly reach out to you. However, like previously mentioned, there are good attentive SAs and there are questionable SAs. If you are in need of assistance, calling your local delivery center will help.

you can try to chat w/ tesla online and ask the person to ask your SA to call you. it took me 4 times to get my SA to call me.
not going to say anything how useful her call was...

New LFP model owner
Shows as 212 lbs (GVWR) heavier than NCA model
No change to weight limits
Further drop in carry capacity, 4 big adults will max this out already (990 in 2020; 893 2021; 826 2021 lfp!). The curb weight increase is exactly the difference found for LFP vs NCA (2020) in china/Europe so this is a good indication that we have the larger 55kwh/52.5kwh battery. I wouldn't be surprised if the 253 vs 263 number is a result of EPA using the higher curb weight and without the software update. Post software update, the range on this could beat NCA battery.
I'm surprised Tesla did not maintain the GVWR. The body and the Tires are not limited (Long Range AWD is 5072lbs GVWR!). Rear motor isn't limited (Long Range RWD was 4801lbs).

Ordered an LFP on 8/27 through Tesla chat box since Springfield NJ SAs in my experience have been pretty useless (and sometimes tell buyers false info about transferring cars from other regions). Of course I’ve heard nothing from any Springfield SAs yet my EDD is 8/31-9/6, have VIN, and completed all tasks in Tesla portal up to and including insurance.

Ordered an LFP on 8/27 through Tesla chat box since Springfield NJ SAs in my experience have been pretty useless (and sometimes tell buyers false info about transferring cars from other regions). Of course I’ve heard nothing from any Springfield SAs yet my EDD is 8/31-9/6, have VIN, and completed all tasks in Tesla portal up to and including insurance.
Damn, that sucks. My Springfield sa was fantastic and got me a Vin for a lfp within 5 minutes, transfered it to my existing order and everything. Didn't have to do a thing