Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Been awhile since I posted here. There’s been a lot going on and just wanted to post the full thing now that it’s all said and done. 😂 So I had an original order from March that I placed on hold. I took it off hold on May 25th. EDD shifted around a lot anywhere from July to November. About 2 weeks ago I snagged an Existing Inventory from the Discord Channel. I was set to pick up this past Tuesday. Great! I’m leaving for vacation Thursday and wanted to take the car with me. The car was originally set for West Palm Beach, FL and wasn’t there yet. I went to talk to my SA on Sunday about getting my original order fee placed on the second order and he said it doesn’t look like my car will arrive to Tampa on time, they are going to have to move delivery to Wednesday and he will send a message to the dealer to get it ready quickly to have before I leave. Great! I called on Tuesday just to see if it was maybe there early and the SA said it had just arrived in West Palm and wouldn’t be to Tampa till Friday then needed to be inspected. They offered to keep it in West Palm and have me pick it up there Thursday. Sure! I’ll make a detour. Thursday comes and we start down to West Palm Beach (about a 3-4 hour drive) in the car I am trading in. About 10mins from the dealer we see the car is overheating and the air isn’t blowing cold so we pull to the side of the road. I open up the hood. The serpentine belt shredded. FML. 10. Minutes. Away. I called Tesla and asked if we can tow it there. Nope, they will only take operational vehicles for trade. Okay, we call AAA and have it towed to a Midas. It needs a tensioner and belt. $400+ later it’s fixed and we arrive to Tesla 3 hours late for our appointment. After that, no issues at all with trade it or quality. Everything looks awesome. We’ve now driven over 1k miles in the last 24 hours on our road trip! It was so worth the wait! Good luck to everyone waiting for their orders and hope to see you at a SC!
White interior with 19in wheels doesn't look bad at all!

So that was the sticker issue! They needed the firmware and approval for that 262 :)

so does that mean the original order i had with a January estimated delivery would have just been a LFP anyways??
Yeah I'm definitely getting the sense that these recent inventory LFP drops are the first step towards a more permanent use of LFP batteries in SR+ Model 3s. Happy I jumped on the opportunity!

Yeah not sure, I'm guessing whenever 2022 model comes out it'll just be LFP batteries, but we've seen that now if you place an order this is the range you are seeing.

Well 100% charging with 1 mile less than NCA, sounds like a good deal to me. Will see what winter will do to the batteries however.
Hi all,
Been awhile since I posted here. There’s been a lot going on and just wanted to post the full thing now that it’s all said and done. 😂 So I had an original order from March that I placed on hold. I took it off hold on May 25th. EDD shifted around a lot anywhere from July to November. About 2 weeks ago I snagged an Existing Inventory from the Discord Channel. I was set to pick up this past Tuesday. Great! I’m leaving for vacation Thursday and wanted to take the car with me. The car was originally set for West Palm Beach, FL and wasn’t there yet. I went to talk to my SA on Sunday about getting my original order fee placed on the second order and he said it doesn’t look like my car will arrive to Tampa on time, they are going to have to move delivery to Wednesday and he will send a message to the dealer to get it ready quickly to have before I leave. Great! I called on Tuesday just to see if it was maybe there early and the SA said it had just arrived in West Palm and wouldn’t be to Tampa till Friday then needed to be inspected. They offered to keep it in West Palm and have me pick it up there Thursday. Sure! I’ll make a detour. Thursday comes and we start down to West Palm Beach (about a 3-4 hour drive) in the car I am trading in. About 10mins from the dealer we see the car is overheating and the air isn’t blowing cold so we pull to the side of the road. I open up the hood. The serpentine belt shredded. FML. 10. Minutes. Away. I called Tesla and asked if we can tow it there. Nope, they will only take operational vehicles for trade. Okay, we call AAA and have it towed to a Midas. It needs a tensioner and belt. $400+ later it’s fixed and we arrive to Tesla 3 hours late for our appointment. After that, no issues at all with trade it or quality. Everything looks awesome. We’ve now driven over 1k miles in the last 24 hours on our road trip! It was so worth the wait! Good luck to everyone waiting for their orders and hope to see you at a SC!
Dang, i saw the pictures on discord. Glad it all worked out for you in the end!

• Love
Reactions: Clinterific
Absolutely nothing. My LFP order showed a scheduled appointment for home delivery September 13 without any communication. I would t have known without logging into my account and noticing. Local rain tree number routes to someone who claims they aren’t on the ground and don’t have any details but they did confirm my car is onsite.
Exact same results here for az although he also hinted that the date was set farther out due to uncertainty and would be released sooner if they get the approval

Does the 19” wheels have any worries ? I am on pre-prod. Also from san diego LFP
I’m not sure, one user suggested that the 19” wheels may be low inventory and thus be causing our vehicles to be taking longer to enter production. It’s just pure conjecture though. I have no idea if 19” makes a difference in current production, just that my car is a LFP from “existing inventory” that apparently hasn’t been built yet and happens to have 19” wheels.

Reactions: Taureans77
I just see new cars available in existing inventory in my city. If I place a new order for existing inventory, will they credit me back the $100 deposit I paid for my old order?

I'm thinking to just place an order right now so I can get it this week
There's no guarantee you get it this week if you order an "existing inventory". Some people who ordered last week don't even have an estimated time yet. It seems they count cars they haven't even made yet as "existing inventory".

Reactions: RogerMc
There's no guarantee you get it this week if you order an "existing inventory". Some people who ordered last week don't even have an estimated time yet. It seems they count cars they haven't even made yet as "existing inventory".
If you go into the detail screen of the cars available today, they call it pre production unit. So yes, they’re not even built yet. Kind of misleading if you ask me.
Also, I believe everyone is struggling moving their $100 deposit to the new order. My delivery is on Monday and it’s still not updated.

If you go into the detail screen of the cars available today, they call it pre production unit. So yes, they’re not even built yet. Kind of misleading if you ask me.
Also, I believe everyone is struggling moving their $100 deposit to the new order. My delivery is on Monday and it’s still not updated.

Yes, I noticed it does say "in production". I thought existing inventory means it would be available to pickup now. So, placing a new order for existing inventory may not mean that I get the car much earlier than the 9/30 EDD on my existing order from 7/30 ?

Yes, I noticed it does say "in production". I thought existing inventory means it would be available to pickup now. So, placing a new order for existing inventory may not mean that I get the car much earlier than the 9/30 EDD on my existing order from 7/30 ?
Even the ones that weren't "in production" aren't ready to be picked up now. A few people that ordered this new variant last week got them, but many have not, and have September EDD. You might be able to, you might not. I doubt anyone knows.