Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thank you!!! i got White/White/Aero no FSD, ordered 8/1. I finished my profile really early on so I think that's what ultimately helped me. In Sept my EDD had stayed in the Oct range for a long time so I applied for financing a month into my order and got lucky with getting a delivery right before the offer expires in about 2 wks.
I ordered in July and finished my profile pretty early as well. I just pulled the trigger on the financing this week. So I got 2 months before it expires

I'm gonna chop it up to be "something is wrong with their EDD system". I just don't understand why some of us with similar orders/dates/locations vary so wildly. I love the fact that I can check the timeline, but it seems something is very far off in the current environment.
Just like Tesla doesn't spend money on a PR department, it doesn't appear they invest much in forecasting accurate delivery dates. I'm pretty sure they do a good job forecasting how many cars they will build on a given day, they just don't seem to assign them in an orderly process. I've talked to several people who bought Tesla's years ago and most tell stories of big swings in delivery dates, so this doesn't appear to be anything new.

Reactions: chongo25
Now EDD is Jan28-Feb25.

My question is - does it matter if I chose the "cash" option now will that effect my EDD (to sooner)? My plan is to lease the car, but also didn't want a hard credit pull until closer to delivery as most people suggest. Does anyone know if changing this option changes my spot in the line?
Really need the car by the end of the year.

Thanks
EDD just moved to Dec12-Dec31
Perfect timeline for me actually.

VIN popped up today, but for some reason they are wanting my bank account to pay, even though i was 3rd party financing, i talked to the SA last night he said he changed it, but when it popped today i got on to get it going and still says the same thing, Even did online chat they said they fixed it, and to refresh page, now, Still the same, kind of frustrated about it now
Did you get it figured out? I picked my car today at the Rocklin center and they have so many cars that are getting ready for delivery. I wouldn’t worry, you’ll get your car any day now.

8/16 order date blue/white 18 aero wheels...EDD all over the place from OCT 17 all the way to June...got vision/vin today but am not ready so I need to delay a month or so...wonder how long I will be pushed back after I delay...no price changes if I delay right?

Another update from this morning:

OD 10/04/2021
1st EDD: April
2nd EDD: 03/12 - 04/09
3rd EDD: 01/21 - 02/18
4th EDD: 03/11 - 04/08
Update (not even 4 hours after the 4th EDD): September

Huge jump much? 😂
So how long is this roller coaster? Lol! Account page wasn't loading last night. Logged in this AM and got another update:

Specs: SR+, white on black, aero, no FSD
OD 10/04/2021
1st EDD: April
2nd EDD: 03/12 - 04/09
3rd EDD: 01/21 - 02/18
4th EDD: 03/11 - 04/08
5th EDD (not even 4 hours after the 4th EDD): September
Update: 03/18 - 04/15

Did you get it figured out? I picked my car today at the Rocklin center and they have so many cars that are getting ready for delivery. I wouldn’t worry, you’ll get your car any day now.
Ya i did, for some reason they made me pay 11 cents, not sure why though, so i connected the account to it and paid it, now it has a check mark and waiting for the agreements to turn blue, do you remember how long it was until you were able to do that? Also the clean rebate that says copy review, do i need to print and sign it?

Last edited:
Ya i did, for some reason they made me pay 11 cents, not sure why though, so i connected the account to it and paid it, now it has a check mark and waiting for the agreements to turn blue, do you remember how long it was until you were able to do that? Also the clean rebate that says copy review, do i need to print and sign it?
My agreement didn't get completed until I got off the phone with my SA and they 'fixed' something on their end. I didn't see anything for the Clean rebate, maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention.

OD 8/12/21
White/White interior/Aero
Assigned VIN 10/28/21
Phoenix, AZ

Unfortunately, I want to wait until January for the tax credit, so I called to release my VIN and spoke with the advisor on my options. I'm really sad to do this.
Estimated delivery date right now is April 2022 if I want to wait until my next match. However, there's a chance that I'll be matched before December 31 and I must accept delivery of that vehicle or I risk my order being canceled. He referenced the order agreement that I would accept a delivery within 90 days of my original order date and I would have to accept the next vehicle matched to me.

I could choose the date on which to remove the unmatchable flag. The option I took was to make me unmatchable until December 12, 2021 which was the latest I could push the order. I also have the ability to click a button earlier to make me matchable. There's still a chance that if a vehicle pops up in Phoenix with the same configuration that someone didn't take delivery of between December 12-31 that I would have to take delivery or risk my order being canceled. If there happened to be my configuration rolling off the line and going to my area, I'd also have to take delivery. He said it was highly likely that a lot of people are thinking the same thing and would also release their VINS waiting for the credit, and I could be reassigned pretty quick--he cautioned. He said what is most likely to happen is that I'll receive delivery in April though.

This was hard for me to do, but I would hate to lose out on an $8k tax credit because I couldn't wait minimum 2 months, possibly 6 months. I'm pretty risk-averse.

What would you have done in my situation?