Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything I’ve read has said 8 speakers...

Ok, here are some more answers:

Speakers: I counted 6. Four in the front (two above seats, two in the doors) and two in the rear (in the doors). I'm not sure about the subwoofer, which I realize seems ridiculous. I put on some music, popped the trunk and it did seem to be generating some bass, but I could have just been picking up vibrations from the other speakers. It wasn't over the top bass. Now, it was also 8:45 PM at night, parked outside my condo building, so I really didn't crank it or turn up the bass as I was trying to be nice to my neighbors. :)

After the update, I still had all on my AP features, including navigate on autopilot and summon. Does Tesla ever offer these as a limited time demo? I tried out summon and it worked perfectly, but I'm surprised to have these, particularly navigate on AP which was moved to the FSD package.

No badging on the rear of the car.

GVWR is 4541 lbs. 2447 front, 2771 rear.

No homelink as far as I could see. The icon is not on the top of the screen and I searched in vain for some sort of option for it in the menu, but couldn't find anything.

Had 164 miles of range at pickup. They had it on a destination charger in one of the bays.

There are two rear USB ports, in addition to two in the front.

And I did confirm fart mode is still present and functional :D

I live in Washington, DC, picked up from Tyson's Corner, VA. The car is midnight gray with standard (aero) wheels, black interior and autopilot. They said when they pulled my car off the truck, it was the first SR+ they'd ever seen. I was a reservation holder, but canceled my reservation back in November. So I bought the 3 without a reservation but no idea if having held one at one point got me some sort of priority.

I'll tell you what though, this is a MAJOR step up from a Leaf!

Let me know if you have any other questions. It was dark by the time I got home, so I don't have much in the way of interior pictures, but here are a few in reference to specific requests. Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was pretty dark!

View attachment 385862View attachment 385863View attachment 385864

Speakers: I counted 6. Four in the front (two above seats, two in the doors) and two in the rear (in the doors). I'm not sure about the subwoofer, which I realize seems ridiculous. I put on some music, popped the trunk and it did seem to be generating some bass, but I could have just been picking up vibrations from the other speakers. It wasn't over the top bass. Now, it was also 8:45 PM at night, parked outside my condo building, so I really didn't crank it or turn up the bass as I was trying to be nice to my neighbors. :)

After the update, I still had all on my AP features, including navigate on autopilot and summon. Does Tesla ever offer these as a limited time demo? I tried out summon and it worked perfectly, but I'm surprised to have these, particularly navigate on AP which was moved to the FSD package.

No homelink as far as I could see. The icon is not on the top of the screen and I searched in vain for some sort of option for it in the menu, but couldn't find anything.

Had 164 miles of range at pickup. They had it on a destination charger in one of the bays.

I live in Washington, DC, picked up from Tyson's Corner, VA. The car is midnight gray with standard (aero) wheels, black interior and autopilot. They said when they pulled my car off the truck, it was the first SR+ they'd ever seen. I was a reservation holder, but canceled my reservation back in November. So I bought the 3 without a reservation but no idea if having held one at one point got me some sort of priority.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It was dark by the time I got home, so I don't have much in the way of interior pictures, but here are a few in reference to specific requests. Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was pretty dark!

Huge congratulations - happy for you and happy that SR+ are starting to roll out.

Please, please please take some photos inside and out and share with the rest of us. Especially the seats, trim, center console, door panels :)

Thank you!

Thanks for the info Transit!!
Got a txt to pick up our SR+ in blue with AP this Sunday.

I'm having 2nd thoughts about upgrading to the MR though.
MR positives for the wife is that it'll have the extra range, GPS homelink, and audio streaming. Plus prices are about to go up soon to....
Wife could care less about the extra speakers and subwoofer.

Decisions decisions.

Reactions: PANN
Congratulations on the new car!

If there is some way to view the kWh capacity of the battery I would really appreciate the info!

Right now we know the Standard is 50 kWh and the Mid is 62 kWh but the Standard Plus is still a mystery.
Tesla Model 3 - Wikipedia

If you look at the Model 3 site -- Model 3 | Tesla
under Specs (scroll down near the bottom)

Standard and Standard Plus both say:
Battery: Standard Range

and for that matter the vehicle weights are the same.

It's a high likelihood that Standard and Standard Plus are running the 50s. Meaning Standard would be software limited to the 220 range. Standard Plus gets the full battery at 240.

Congratulations on the new car. Do you work for Circulator? If so, I think we met last year on the mall at the National Drive Electric Week event. If not, disregard and enjoy the your Model 3. :)

Last edited:
Update. I see in my account I now have a delivery appointment for 3/21 to pick up my car 240 miles away at 8am. No VIN still. Yesterday the DA emailed me to confirm delivery to my home as there is no location near me.

Tesla is really, really dropping the ball here.

Thanks for the info Transit!!
Got a txt to pick up our SR+ in blue with AP this Sunday.

I'm having 2nd thoughts about upgrading to the MR though.
MR positives for the wife is that it'll have the extra range, GPS homelink, and audio streaming. Plus prices are about to go up soon to....
Wife could care less about the extra speakers and subwoofer.

Decisions decisions.

Probably missed your shot since you already have a pick-up, but if you were willing to take a 2018 the MR upgrade could be had for free from SR+ pricing.

Update. I see in my account I now have a delivery appointment for 3/21 to pick up my car 240 miles away at 8am. No VIN still. Yesterday the DA emailed me to confirm delivery to my home as there is no location near me.

Tesla is really, really dropping the ball here.

I have the same thing (500 miles from service center) and was told this is just part of the flow that gets the car out the door. You're still getting it delivered to your home address.

I have the same thing (500 miles from service center) and was told this is just part of the flow that gets the car out the door. You're still getting it delivered to your home address.

I think the only logical answer is that the delivery advisors process is to use a magic 8 ball back in the office to decide who gets cars, when, if there's any updates provided, and if so whether or not the update is accurate...