Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go, sorry about the delay!

View attachment 386136

That Monroney sticker indicates SR+ is the most efficient variant so far, probably due to less weight:
134 / 140 / 128 / 25 SR+
123 / 128 / 117 / 27 MR
130 / 136 / 123 / 26 LR
116 / 120 / 112 / 29 LR AWD

Which is maybe further indication that the SR+ battery pack is real, not a mid-range pack that is software limited.
Thank you MrMassTransit!

Still hoping someone will weigh the SR and SR+ soon - I never believe Tesla's curb weight numbers.

If they change it, since you have a very high EV rebate I’d call them and get an inventory car right away.

But I think you will be fine - you don’t have Ford as your premier and money is already allocated. Bonne chance!
If they change it, since you have a very high EV rebate I’d call them and get an inventory car right away.

But I think you will be fine - you don’t have Ford as your premier and money is already allocated. Bonne chance!

Thanks tiggerlu, your well wishes seem to be working! Now have a delivery date but no VIN, will call.

Mar. 21, 2019 at 03:30 PM
3/02 order
SR+ black / black / aero / no autopilot. April 2016 reservation holder.​

p.s. this forum is fantastic, thanks all. I've ordered my 3D Maxpider Kagu mats just now.

so it's confirmed SR+ is not software ltd. MR battery?

It's more likely that the SR has a software limited SR+ battery. They show the same exact curb weight on the Tesla website. I suspect Tesla may have found out the SR was more efficient than they thought it would be, allowing for 240 miles. So they offer the $35K version by limiting the pack to allow for the original promise of 220 miles.

EDIT: Odd, though, that the website shows the LR AWD and LR RWD to both be 4,072 lbs. Which, of course, we know is not the case.

Thanks tiggerlu, your well wishes seem to be working! Now have a delivery date but no VIN, will call.

Mar. 21, 2019 at 03:30 PM
3/02 order
SR+ black / black / aero / no autopilot. April 2016 reservation holder.​

p.s. this forum is fantastic, thanks all. I've ordered my 3D Maxpider Kagu mats just now.

Fantastic! I’m going to say merry Christmas even though it’s March!

I ordered the Kagu mats also, they look fantastic!

Reservation holder since Feb 2018, I ordered a SR+ Deep blue and 19" wheels (without AP) on 2/28 but I didn't upload the insurance until 3/4 (and drafting contract since then). Got the generic text on 3/10 with a delivery between 3/20 and 3/29, I hope I will get it by 3/20, otherwise I will have to change it because I will be out from 3/21 to 4/1.

View attachment 386136

Interestingly, the extra AP features beyond auto steer are now gone! Tesla must have made some sort of an update during the day. Oh well, I enjoyed them while I had them! And thanks to whomever found the extra two speakers... just couldn't see them in a dark parking lot!

Wow! Thanks a lot. So as many suspected, the SR+ is really efficient. The most efficient car on the market on the highway actually. A more rational usage of battery materials for most use also.

I placed an order for SR+ in red color with Autopilot on 3/1. I got impatient last week with the uncertainty of delivery timeline. So I asked my store to upgrade it to MR with red color and autopilot which was the way to NJ in couple days and negotiated a $2,500 discount.

Picked the 2019 MR from the Tesla store yesterday for basically $500 more than the SR+ :)
2019? Why would they do that? 2019 should be $0 off. But, yay!

View attachment 386136

Interestingly, the extra AP features beyond auto steer are now gone! Tesla must have made some sort of an update during the day. Oh well, I enjoyed them while I had them! And thanks to whomever found the extra two speakers... just couldn't see them in a dark parking lot!

That’s a lot of car for the money. Love seeing all the 5-star crash results and the high North American content and assembly numbers.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
I placed an order for SR+ in red color with Autopilot on 3/1. I got impatient last week with the uncertainty of delivery timeline. So I asked my store to upgrade it to MR with red color and autopilot which was the way to NJ in couple days and negotiated a $2,500 discount.

Picked the 2019 MR from the Tesla store yesterday for basically $500 more than the SR+ :)
I have been trying to do this, how did you get that done?