Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally pulled the trigger today after going back and forth on wheels/color. Ended up with:

SR+/Black/White Interior/19 Sports

2-4 weeks

I have a trade in but not sure how any of that works but I will be patient as I fully dont expect the 2-4 weeks which is fine. :)

Now.....financing

Finally pulled the trigger today after going back and forth on wheels/color. Ended up with:

SR+/Black/White Interior/19 Sports

2-4 weeks

I have a trade in but not sure how any of that works but I will be patient as I fully dont expect the 2-4 weeks which is fine. :)

Now.....financing

That is the exact config that I want

Be sure to post some pics when you get it!

National $5000.00 EV rebate for Canada coming in new budget this week, confirmed by Globe and Mail

Some potential good news for those taking delivery in Canada next month. I will be watching for details, and push back my delivery if necessary.
Fantastic! I will be watching also. We may not need to delay. When Quebec first announced their rebate in their 2012 March budget it was retroactive to Jan. 1st. 2012 :)

Reactions: Kmartyn and DavidP
Fantastic! I will be watching also. We may not need to delay. When Quebec first announced their rebate in their 2012 March budget it was retroactive to Jan. 1st. 2012 :)
Just checked for British Columbia, they went with an April 1st start date with their March 2015 budget... Happy that my late March delivery gives some leeway to optimize - as long as Tesla accepts to delay delivery by 9 days.

Reactions: Kmartyn
Had a reservation from 2016

Same specs as you except I ordered 02/28 and still no word either.

Funny story - I was having dinner in Vancouver and talking to friends about Tesla. A guy comes over and joins us. He works delivery for Tesla Bellevue (distribution) and said they have yet to see an SR+ come through their location.

For shipments to Canada they go straight through the state and don’t stop there, he said a batch was recently turned back because they were missing a VIN needed to bring them into Canada.

Naturally I asked about my car lol.

His last tip? Said the paint is very soft, meaning get it protected.

Hey guys.
Came across this forum 4 days ago and decided to sign up.
What a great site to help out current/future Tesla owners.

After much consideration, finally pulled the trigger just now on the SR+, white ext, 19rims, black int, no EAP.. $40,500.
I went in to the local Costa Mesa (and Buena Park) location this morning to see if I could possibly get a good deal on a MR model that they may have in stock at their lot (this was based on all the feedbacks from this forum about getting a good discount on MR, demo vehicles, etc).
The rep (very chill guy) told me that they won't be able to discount paint/wheels anymore, I guess they were able to do that just earlier this week, no more paint/wheel prices waived... directly from the higher up.
Looking at the inventory, they had a lot of black and dark grey exterior available... but not the white exterior that I was looking for.

Will update how fast I get my car from today (ordered date).

Reactions: tiggerlu
Ordered my SR+/black/black interior/aero wheels friday morning. Had to call in because my account wouldn’t accept my address and they assigned me a VIN right away.

Got an email yesterday afternoon saying my car was on route to Calgary service center with tentative delivery for the 26th. Was definitely not planning for it to be here in anything less than 4 weeks!

The Canadian Federal government’s fiscal year starts April 1st, so items in the budget typically start then.

Last year they got the budget out in February, but this year they are a little late.
Looks like I a

Funny story - I was having dinner in Vancouver and talking to friends about Tesla. A guy comes over and joins us. He works delivery for Tesla Bellevue (distribution) and said they have yet to see an SR+ come through their location.

For shipments to Canada they go straight through the state and don’t stop there, he said a batch was recently turned back because they were missing a VIN needed to bring them into Canada.

The paint is very soft, I do paint protection and will be doing my entire M3 when it arrives.

This is a front end I did a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 2FD7BA5E-6D24-4300-9676-1455B47179EC.jpeg
    2FD7BA5E-6D24-4300-9676-1455B47179EC.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 155
That is the exact config that I want

Be sure to post some pics when you get it!

Will do! This is the yang to my wife's ying as she has a LR 3 from release and this will be almost the complete opposite. I was torn between the MSM/White interior but when I saw some black/white configs I was in love.

My previous S was black and I said never again...yet here we are! :)

Funny story - I was having dinner in Vancouver and talking to friends about Te guy comes over and joins us. He works delivery for Tesla Bellevue (distribution) and said they have yet to see an SR+ come through their location.

Looks like I a

The paint is very soft, I do paint protection and will be doing my entire M3 when it arrives.

This is a front end I did a few weeks ago.

Approximately what should the front end cost? Is it common to only do areas that get damaged, such as the front and behind the wheels? At a Honda dealer recently they had a car protected and each panel had a cost. Thanks.

On a side note the rep did say vins were being assigned but there have been no deliveries to Canada as of yet. Apparently, they require a certain amount of cars ordered before they send them from the States

In regards to paint protection, does it help a dark colored car look clean? We are debating on the color. We were thinking grey since we swore off black cars years ago but on reddit I asked and someone told me they grey is also difficult to keep clean. If the paint protection helps maybe we will go black and wrap it with the money saved.

My delivery for today got canceled. I was told that the factory hasn't produced any SR+ with white interior, which is annoying but I guess makes sense because I don't think we've seen any white interior SR+ deliveries.

I don’t think white interiors are being made for any trim level. Maybe they will build them all at the same time or there is a shortage of some sort. Kind of annoying my rep convinced me to upgrade to the MR to ensure a quicker delivery. Now the MR is in limbo and still no white interior cars.