Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Washington State or DC? thank makes my heart sink. I ordered SR+ Black Aero on 5/21 and Ive already called Tesla once everyday since. Lol.
No point in calling everyday, they don’t know a thing until a VIN is assigned. Once it is, shows up online in a day or two. Watch for an appointment to show up on your manage page. Also watch for a MVPA (not order agreement) to show, which will have your VIN.

A common configuration, you will likely get before the end of June.
1st step is usually getting an email assigning you a delivery advisor.

I have delivery date of June 7
No Vin on page
VIN on MVPA for the last 4 days.
Whenever I use chat with Tesla they cant tell me anything and say contact your DA.
Even when I give them the VIN, they can't tell me if its in production or shipping.

No point in calling everyday, they don’t know a thing until a VIN is assigned. Once it is, shows up online in a day or two. Watch for an appointment to show up on your manage page. Also watch for a MVPA (not order agreement) to show, which will have your VIN.
VIN will only show up if a car is ready. Depends what is made and available, some people don't get a vin for a month, I've been waiting for a week now with nothing, no VIN or delivery date. Just keep your expectations low until you get the VIN, but you can't really tell when that'll be.

I have delivery date of June 7
No Vin on page
VIN on MVPA for the last 4 days.
Whenever I use chat with Tesla they cant tell me anything and say contact your DA.
Even when I give them the VIN, they can't tell me if its in production or shipping.

So you have a VIN and a delivery appointment. Sounds like you are in good shape to me. In Canada, buy the time you get a VIN, the car has been produced. I have not seen a VIN on my page either, just in the MVPA. The cars take about 10 days to get from Fremont to Toronto Lawrence location. Then they need to do a PDI and detail. If it fails PDI you could get a new date, while they repair or replace.

I have my delivery at the Lawrence store, scheduled the same date as you, and many others. So I expect they will be pretty busy.

I am at 1:30 PM, but plan to be there early.

So you have a VIN and a delivery appointment. Sounds like you are in good shape to me. In Canada, buy the time you get a VIN, the car has been produced. I have not seen a VIN on my page either, just in the MVPA. The cars take about 10 days to get from Fremont to Toronto Lawrence location. Then they need to do a PDI and detail. If it fails PDI you could get a new date, while they repair or replace.

I have my delivery at the Lawrence store, scheduled the same date as you, and many others. So I expect they will be pretty busy.

I am at 1:30 PM, but plan to be there early.

I guess if the VIN is not on my account but on the MVPA its still not official?
Do you see the VIN on your MVPA?

In DC put delivering to Tysons Corner VA. Ordered SR + all black with aero. Where can I find the source code page to search for VIN. My patience is non-existent at this point lol

Washington State. I am picking up my car tomorrow, though!

On day 21, I got my VIN and a tentative delivery for the next day, which I pushed until the weekend.

I will say I called the delivery center and emailed my salesperson on day 17 just because I hadn't heard any updates since ordering. They just let me know that there was no nearby inventory. I don't think calling/emailing made any difference but it was for my own personal ease.

Overall, waiting three weeks instead of two is not bad at all.

Picked mine up yesterday. VIN 399000's (built Mid May 2019) SR non-plus.

There are some misinformation about SR base. No, You're NOT getting SR+ for SR price. Tesla changed again with mid-May production cars to make sure that SR non-pluses are software locked out of factory.

Got window sticker that just says Standard Range, not plus. EPA rated range 220 on window sticker, not 240 like February/March 2019 builds (see Alex on Auto video). MPGe numbers are lower than SR+'s window sticker.

220 mile max allowed charge from factory. All-black glass ceiling, front and back = no orange glow after rain = probably a result of cost cutting, car doesn't stand out anymore, it just blends in. Autopilot disabled from factory. Fog Lights definitely disabled from factory. Software 12.1.2.

Delivery adviser wont let you 'checkout' the car prior to payment, I attempted 3 times with 3 different people including store manager. They said 'absolutely no way'. They don't want you to find out defects prior to APPT.

A different white one with VIN in 400,000 range had very obvious exterior metal panel issues, but was ready for delivery. Looked really horrible. So high VIN does not mean it's better.

You won't have time to 'inspect' the car. adviser will rush you after 2 minutes, and even if you 'find' anything, adviser will say it's within factory spec. you will get pressured to accept in 2 minutes. If you take time, you will get belittled and bullied by additional advisers.

Due to cost cutting, All floor mats, cargo mats, 2 USB cables and 240V adapters are now separate purchase. Absolutely No discounts. No you can't trade 120V with 240V one. No you won't get toy Model 3. No freebie 'goodies' like BMW.

Hope it helps. Very happy with car!

Thanks so much for this post. Sounds like the SR as a distinct model does exist after all.

Do you have any option on the car or in your account to upgrade to an SR+ now that you have the car? Did anyone tell you what the upgrade cost would be? I can’t get a consistent answer to this one from Tesla reps.