Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered a red on black Model 3 on May 4 and still no vin or delivery date. :(
In Vancouver. Likely many orders after the new Cdn EV credit.
I ordered a blue on black M3 on May 2 from Vancouver BC, got a delivery date of May 25 about ten days ago. VIN assigned about 7 days ago. Final amount owing showed up a few days ago but no call from delivery center to confirm. Need to phone them to find out whom I should have the certified cheque made payable to.

I ordered a blue on black M3 on May 2 from Vancouver BC, got a delivery date of May 25 about ten days ago. VIN assigned about 7 days ago. Final amount owing showed up a few days ago but no call from delivery center to confirm. Need to phone them to find out whom I should have the certified cheque made payable to.

Crikey in the last 10 minutes my delivery date in Vancouver changed from May 25 to June 7!

Also the M3's seem to no longer come with phone cables. Need to order from website and pay for them. I was pretty annoyed about that but having been there already for nearly 2 hours I just wanted to get out of there.
Don't even bother buying just separate cables. Wireless charging pads for M3 come with 2 duplex cables. Connect two charge pads and freeing up each USB port for two more USB connections.

ebay $33 us
Qi Tesla Model 3 Auto Accessories Wireless Charger Board Special Edition Mobile

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Well, I pulled the trigger. Went to the store looking to order a base SR in blue (wife hates black cars). Ended up with an inventory base SR in red with a $540 discount. I'm pretty happy as I think the red is smokin' and the paint should be more durable, but I didn't want to pay that $2000 for it. I may spring for autopilot some day, but probably not.

I have oem charging cables I do not use.
anyone interested in buying them from me PM me plz. USA only.

$9 for 1x Lightening cable.
$9 for 1x USB-C cable.
($12 for both)
Add $1 if you want frunk easy close mod spring also. I have one available.

These will be shipped via USPS priority mail flat rate small box.

Last edited:
SR+ White on Black, Aeros: From May 1 I have gone VIN, May 3, Delivery May15th, May 7 Delivery May 17, May 15, No VIN, May 17, Same VIN reappears. delivery May 24. Now I am being told the car is stuck at the border and they are looking for a new VIN for me :-( Elon Time is real.

I chose a “demo” car. Had 10 miles on it so I got 400 bucks off. So they just had to ship it over from another state
I chose a “demo” car. Had 10 miles on it so I got 400 bucks off. So they just had to ship it over from another state

good call. i asked for anything in the local inventory, nothing within Ontario had any model 3, SR+, LR, Dual Motor or Performance....

Picked mine up yesterday. VIN 399000's (built Mid May 2019) SR non-plus.

There are some misinformation about SR base. No, You're NOT getting SR+ for SR price. Tesla changed again with mid-May production cars to make sure that SR non-pluses are software locked out of factory.

Got window sticker that just says Standard Range, not plus. EPA rated range 220 on window sticker, not 240 like February/March 2019 builds (see Alex on Auto video). MPGe numbers are lower than SR+'s window sticker.

220 mile max allowed charge from factory. All-black glass ceiling, front and back = no orange glow after rain = probably a result of cost cutting, car doesn't stand out anymore, it just blends in. Autopilot disabled from factory. Fog Lights definitely disabled from factory. Software 12.1.2.

Delivery adviser wont let you 'checkout' the car prior to payment, I attempted 3 times with 3 different people including store manager. They said 'absolutely no way'. They don't want you to find out defects prior to APPT.

A different white one with VIN in 400,000 range had very obvious exterior metal panel issues, but was ready for delivery. Looked really horrible. So high VIN does not mean it's better.

You won't have time to 'inspect' the car. adviser will rush you after 2 minutes, and even if you 'find' anything, adviser will say it's within factory spec. you will get pressured to accept in 2 minutes. If you take time, you will get belittled and bullied by additional advisers.

Due to cost cutting, All floor mats, cargo mats, 2 USB cables and 240V adapters are now separate purchase. Absolutely No discounts. No you can't trade 120V with 240V one. No you won't get toy Model 3. No freebie 'goodies' like BMW.

Hope it helps. Very happy with car!

Ordered an SR+ with gray paint/black interior and 18" whees without FSD on May 21st for delivery to Charlotte. Haven't heard a damned thing about VIN or draft contract. How long does it usually take for the contract to be drafted?
Hey, I ordered a similar configuration (but with FSD) exactly a week ago today (May 16th). No VIN or delivery date and for the first few days I called my delivery rep every day to have him search. From my searching the SR+ gray with 18" seems to be in a lull because I've talked to several people who had the same or similar configuration who waited around a month before hearing anything. All there are are SR+ gray with 19" which I don't want.

Overall it just depends your configuration and the availability around your area. Some people with white interiors have waited almost two months without a VIN or contact, and others order and the next day they get matched with something close to their area. It all depends.